The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
nac those pomagranate looks good and red...
cyberkid...nice shots...bit grainy but its a cell cam after all

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ :) Thank you...

Two more night shot when there was no power... Please leave your comments.

*imageshack.us/a/img832/3619/img7102kv.jpg
SX130; Av - f/3.4; Tv - 256sec; ISO - 80.

*imageshack.us/a/img72/4687/img7105i.jpg
SX130; Av - f/3.4; Tv - 256sec; ISO - 80.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
thanks nac & sujoyp. I was fiddling with the ISO, Contrast, WB & Exposure settings to get the perfect balance to capture the best possible shot, but, the pics came up too grainy, and unfortunately, the silver streak on the edges of the clouds disappeared as the sun moved up.
@ nac: it's not a fence but an overhead electrical wires (HVDS), as they have put up all over Delhi. Thanks for pointing out. I should have taken care of that. Now have cropped it.

Last edited:

choudang

Padawan
i am not a pro to tell you whats correct or wrong, just my feelings, hence nothing personal/no offense

1st one: sky look good, perhaps you tried motion capture. increase AV and ISO. tell me 256 sec means what, if its in seconds, 4.2 minute is too high, so just try between 1/15 of sec and 2 sec, AV would be f/2.4 or high. dont let the darkness come into your pic.

2nd one: too dark apart from sky, try with large av, also control Tv and ISO. perhaps you also tried some adjustment in PS too (not know just feel) ....

happy shooting.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
bump :D Nac 1st one is nice...sky came beautiful....2nd one is too much black in it

:) I think I shouldn't apply strong contrast...

Thank you

Choudang, Thank you...

With this tiny little sensor and with almost no light, 1/15 of sec won't do anything but black image. Even 15sec didn't show reasonable enough details in the picture.
Yeah, that's the widest possible aperture settings I could use... Yeah, as you suggested I could have used higher ISO and faster shutter like 1-2min...

Thank you...

Two more night shots for your C&C

*imageshack.us/a/img38/313/img7176fh.jpg
SX130; Av - f/3.4; Tv - 128sec; ISO - 80

*imageshack.us/a/img440/2807/img7107b.jpg
SX130; Av - f/3.4; Tv - 128sec; ISO - 80

Last edited:

choudang

Padawan
Now see the first pic, i guessed you have reduced the shutter speed (128 from 256) while same ISO and f/3.4 and things are visible. just shoot 3-5 shoots with diff shutter speed like 16/32/64/128/256 and see the diff. if you use long shutter speed while light is reducing, it will produce dark pic.

lm2k

Journeyman
@nac: that last one , that person standing staring the sky ,very nice ,excellent shot. Also just try a shot to bend down more to remove those trees that merge with that person's legs.
also first one i love that hazy sky.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Choudang, It was dark because of my pathetic PP work not because of longer exposure (I don't know whether it will produce dark if used ultra long exposure).

lm2k, Do you see merger occurred in that image??? :(

That's the max I could do on that shot. Actually I put the camera on the floor. Could have avoided if tried in an open ground...

Thank you guys..

lm2k

Journeyman
^ from left side its fine
first all i see is that person staring those stars. later on more deep inspection on rite it is.
but elements work very nicely. great.:clap2:

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@nac I really like your initial 256s exposures... Long exposures are supposed to look that way. Maybe if this was a river bank or a beach, this shot would have been epic!

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8331/8097627580_011d24f86a_z.jpg
Sunset by marvelprash, on Flickr

nac

Aspiring Novelist
:wow: Nice one Prashant... Before reading your lines, I thought it was a moon. One thing... you can clone out the spike like things at the bottom of the image.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
It is a post processing effect called vignetting. Gives the image a classical look ( old film cameras produced it by default. It was considered a defect at that time). My aim was to focus on central subject without cropping

sujoyp

Grand Master
superb shot prashant...

@nac .... good try with the person in black...but something is missing...I think u have to keep the man also in focus even if he is completely black...look at prashants pic...the bird is also in focus even if its black

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I think u have to keep the man also in focus even if he is completely black

Actually, he is in focus. The thing is he couldn't stand-still for 2 mins. :) In fact, he swung his arm once to get rid of buzzing mosquito around his ears. Thank you...

I am sure there should be another way around to take this shot...

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
^ Double exposure but our cams don't have that mode... So blend in PS

Or use flash.. and lond exposure. Once flash is off you can ask him to to go away

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Double exposure but our cams don't have that mode... So blend in PS
Yeah, I was thinking something like this... But didn't know neither the technical term nor we can do it with in-camera mode. Thought we could do it in PP, only if I know how to do it :?
Or use flash.. and lond exposure. Once flash is off you can ask him to to go away
But.... doesn't camera capture when he walks away from the frame???

Top Bottom