The Photography Thread

Krow

Crowman
Feral was always in need of chopper backup.
:lol::lol::lol:

Some snaps from a trip to Bhandardhara... went last weekend, but was a little busy till today.

*i37.tinypic.com/5cd0es.jpg
This would have been a lot better if you had cropped the bottom part a little more. More of the sky and less of the dark bottom I mean.

*i38.tinypic.com/jggpvq.jpg
To me the villagers just add an extra feel to the image. In this pic, the villagers are the subject of the image according to me, rather than the scenery. That is why I like it. A little bit of finetuning with the colours and exposure will make it perfect, but good job, Anorion.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2587/4028017617_9f78214102_o.jpg

TDF Rock Band
*farm3.static.flickr.com/2603/4028017827_87722c1f0b_o.jpg

Bandra Station signboard.
This signboard is really cool. Well shot, G5!

The difference is in the skill level of rhitwick. In the first one he is learning manual mode, so he is enthusiastic. In the second one, he is highly skilled and so, "I can use Manual Mode, hun!". :D

Krow

Crowman
Cool: You too have wished to take the crow in center of sun. Am I right. But I know is very difficult and a matter of chance to do so.

This was my idea and I was trying extremely hard for this only, and even Cool tried, but none could catch it. The crows were turning away just as they came in front of the sun. :x

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I have a dSLR, I have opened it up and cleaned the lense, but a few spots refuse to go. Is there any way I can actually open up the lense itself?

D

Deleted member 26636

Feral was always in need of chopper backup.

@Toofan, awesome Diwali pics. Liked the chakra thingy, has come out really well.

Some snaps from a trip to Bhandardhara... went last weekend, but was a little busy till today.

*i37.tinypic.com/5cd0es.jpg

*i38.tinypic.com/jggpvq.jpg

very good shots...the 2nd is specially good...the villagers help to draw the eye from the centre towards the houses at the far end..it also has a very peaceful mid- day feel to it...it can very well be a subject for an oil painting.....would you mind if i wanted to recreate this as a painting?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Thanks krow for the comments.
And yeah, I tried to take the crow in the centre after krow was trying for a long time without any success. Finally we both gave up. :(

Krow

Crowman
^Hell yeah! One day I will get my cousin Krows to pose in front of the sun! ;)

*img39.imageshack.us/img39/9205/dsc04895v.jpg
G5 clicked this as the first shot with my cam. I take the credit anyways. ;)

*img38.imageshack.us/img38/6479/dsc04900b.jpg
Caption contest for this one.

*img4.imageshack.us/img4/8683/dsc04909e.jpg
Hmmm... I thank this one for posing peacefully.

*img193.imageshack.us/img193/5868/dsc04911k.jpg
Again Thanks!

*img38.imageshack.us/img38/7412/dsc04913c.jpg

*img8.imageshack.us/img8/3816/dsc04919p.jpg
"Woh pehli baaar, manual mode liye..."

More up soon. Comments please... :)
All pics have been added for those who do not visit the Mumbai Meetup Thread. :)

Krow

Crowman
Thanks for comments guys... Some more here:

*img8.imageshack.us/img8/1944/dsc04920c.jpg

*img193.imageshack.us/img193/4201/dsc04927qd.jpg

*img39.imageshack.us/img39/2069/dsc04924i.jpg

*img193.imageshack.us/img193/4201/dsc04927qd.jpg

*img8.imageshack.us/img8/7607/dsc04925g.jpg

As always, all pictures up for comments, critique and feedback. Freedom of expression granted. :D

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@himadri_sm do anything you want with the photos. @anyone else, you can do anything you want with my images :) No problem.

Krow

Crowman
This post has my friends and family members. :)

*img38.imageshack.us/img38/7369/dsc04935py.jpg

*img4.imageshack.us/img4/7213/dsc04936sz.jpg

*img3.imageshack.us/img3/9343/dsc04944t.jpg

*img39.imageshack.us/img39/1834/dsc04951v.jpg

*img197.imageshack.us/img197/452/dsc04953k.jpg

*img5.imageshack.us/img5/3500/dsc04957h.jpg

*img197.imageshack.us/img197/8383/dsc04958i.jpg

*img197.imageshack.us/img197/9917/dsc04959.jpg

*img197.imageshack.us/img197/3815/dsc04991a.jpg

*img8.imageshack.us/img8/3130/dsc04993z.jpg

*img198.imageshack.us/img198/4640/dsc04994o.jpg

Feel free to comment, more coming soon. :) :roll:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
woah the improvements are dramatic. Mebbe I should start doing that. I know how it works, but I don't know how far to go, or when to stop. Will go home and post some more. Btw, the black part of the first pic with all the water is the edge of a dam. Wilson Dam to be specific.

@CoolG5 The "Crow wanting to kiss the sun" is really amazing, would have been better if the crow and the sun occupied more space in the image (at least this is what I wish for when I look at the photo). But the colours of the sun set is also pretty amazing. Seen so many photos of sunsets that they don't really evoke a response anymore, but the bird in flight got back the charm.

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
@ Anaroin : I don't know why But after seeing your images I always feels that something is wrong with your Camera. Because the Sharpness/quality which should be there in images taken by a DSLR is always missing. May be dust has to do something or you don't use the cam properly I don't know. Or you might have disturbed some setting in it.

Your images are very very good at composition. I still remeber you Book shot but your images mainly lacks

1. White balance.
2. Crispness.
3. Colors.

If Pimpom would be here he would have surely find out the exact problem and would have suggested you the remedies.

Its what I feels.

Krow

Crowman
If Pimpom would be here he would have surely find out the exact problem and would have suggested you the remedies.
At the Mumbai meet, even I had asked this very question to Cool G5. Where is pimpom? He is one of the most experienced photographers on this forum. Please post here man, you are needed. :)

Krow

Crowman
*img193.imageshack.us/img193/8568/dsc04949pq.jpg

*img137.imageshack.us/img137/906/dsc04946.jpg

*img38.imageshack.us/img38/4599/dsc04948w.jpg

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Anorion - Thanks for your comments. I too feel it can be cropped but I left it & posted the original unedited one. All of my images uploaded are original and not tweaked in anyway.

Stuge

Youngling
What exactly did you do? This PP is great. :)
high pass filter -> selective touch up of sky -> played very little with contrast ,exposure ,saturation etc .

@ Anaroin : I don't know why But after seeing your images I always feels that something is wrong with your Camera. Because the Sharpness/quality which should be there in images taken by a DSLR is always missing. May be dust has to do something or you don't use the cam properly I don't know. Or you might have disturbed some setting in it.

Your images are very very good at composition. I still remeber you Book shot but your images mainly lacks

1. White balance.
2. Crispness.
3. Colors.

Its what I feels.

@Anorion :which dlsr are you using ? I mean body + lens ?
Firstly ,at which stop (f) are you shooting your pictures ? eg for landscape f7-f11 is recommended .in b/w are you shooting your pictures in raw format ?if yes ,then post processing is somewhat must .

secondly ,I hope your camera doesn't have a problem of back focussing ?

read here if you are not aware of what it is all about .
*photocritic.org/front-focussing-back-focussing/

and try some other lens ,then post the pictures .

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
Stuge : Killer Stuff. Stunning.
Please provide a little story about this shot. Where, when how, why what etc etc.

Top Bottom