The Photography Thread

toofan

Technomancer
@toofan - You took any pics today of the fireworks?

:sad: I didn't. My whole time was wasted by guests. Who keep coming one after other. As soon as i was reaching to terrace, someone shouting from Gate Vimal Kahan ho.
Now I will have to wait for 1 year.

Cool I like the Portrait of Ritwik the Most. So nicely Shot and everything is perfect about that shot.
Second I like Pranay shooting down his mates(crows) from rock edge.
All the golden glory that shot has.

@toofan
You took any pics today of the fireworks? if yes, then please post it here! i really want to see... :) and that kid is thinking "ye uncle kya kar rahe hai! meri toilet kiye hue pant ki photo toh nahi kich rahe na!" :mrgreen:

No its not uncle Its His Daddy.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Toofan - Which portrait of Rhitwick? The very first one in which he is seen walking on the rocks? or the second one?

@krow - To finally techalomaniac converts into a crow. In next meet I will capture you in front of the sun ;)

Nice shot. Maybe you should have gone closer a bit. And when are you going to post the pics you shot yesterday?

Krow

Crowman
@ toofan Can you post the same pic without the blue background?

@ G5 Resizing now. Will post soon don't worry. Adding a Krow watermark this time. :)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
*farm3.static.flickr.com/2637/4021782780_61e7c67827_o.jpg

Ankit & Kaustubh posing for a shot.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2669/4021783212_94ce03c281_o.jpg

Rhitwick clicking the Sunset.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2595/4021023143_90bc6a4615_o.jpg

Pranay clicking the snakes in the crevices of the boulders at Bandra coast.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2775/4021784170_54fd010d96_o.jpg

I don't know what is Kaustubh clicking :D

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2768/4021023865_bcc1dd91c9_o.jpg

Ankit the gamer, imagines my tripod for a quake 3 rocket launcher!

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2463/4021023397_80b5b2f86f_o.jpg

I dedicate this picture to Krow & RGV. :)

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2728/4021803464_5e6440a87a_o.jpg

Pranay(Krow) clicking Crows.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2644/4021024319_11a7b87106_o.jpg

Pranay & Kaustubh engaged in calls from their GF's I guess.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2453/4021021839_4fe83e7fab_o.jpg

Sunset at Bandra Bandstand.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2431/4021785238_b8c93053f8_o.jpg

Members alighting at Bandra Station for a quick bite of Kunj Vihar Vadapav while himesh reshammiya zooms past. P.S : The guy in yellow Tshirt is Ankit.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2658/4021785494_4340978f97_o.jpg

Rhitwick warns Pranay of a possible stomachache.

Krow

Crowman
I was trying to do that only, clicked this last saturday. Was seeing if I could make the clouds look blue. Anyway, some PP is due I think. It is very over-exposed. :)
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
*img8.imageshack.us/img8/2417/dsc04810a.jpg

Some underexposure

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
@Toofan - Which portrait of Rhitwick? The very first one in which he is seen walking on the rocks? or the second one?

Yes the first one.

Pranay & Kaustubh engaged in calls from their GF's I guess.

Nope they are talking to each other.

Maniac: Very very nice Picture the last one. In those conditions where the sky is brighter you can take two or three shots using tripod. First setting the exposer for sky then on second setting the exposure for the darker tones In this images the Hilly area and down side of it. And then you can take a overall exposure image like you have taken. And then do the PP in Photoshop. Merging them together. Its the HDR effect If I am not mistaking.

Here is the original one.
*img88.imageshack.us/img88/2680/krishna1111.jpg

Stuge

Youngling
Diwali 2009

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2479/4021431195_3e52b6fcc2.jpg

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3526/4022165926_4b5f256711.jpg

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2755/4022164622_2a2ee79d3d.jpg

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3481/4021404247_b9886a8323.jpg

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2590/4022163948_7ff44a3448.jpg

I wish I didn't lend my 50mm lens :(

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Yes the first one.

Maniac: Very very nice Picture the last one. In those conditions where the sky is brighter you can take two or three shots using tripod. First setting the exposer for sky then on second setting the exposure for the darker tones In this images the Hilly area and down side of it. And then you can take a overall exposure image like you have taken. And then do the PP in Photoshop. Merging them together. Its the HDR effect If I am not mistaking.

He He. Thanks.
And it is not called HDR but it is known as Exposure Bracketing. Read your camera manual to learn about exposure bracketing.

@stuge - Great Images stuges.

Krow

Crowman
:lol:

All I did was take the pic in manual mode with high shutter speed and Med F value. I dunno what HDR effect is.

Here is the original one.
*img88.imageshack.us/img88/2680/krishna1111.jpg
Look, I don't want to sound rude or bossy, but your PP spoiled the pic for me. This original pic is awesome. The baby looks so much more philosophical to me now. Maybe some day he will be greater than Socrates himself. :)

Good composition.
I feel it is a spot down over perfect exposure. Just my feeling.
Feel free to criticise all my works. I am open to it totally as I think that's the best way to improve. My photography is by no means even half as good as many who post in this thread and I want to improve by leaps and bounds, which is only possible if you guys gimme some constructive criticism. :)

He He. Thanks.
And it is not called HDR but it is known as Exposure Bracketing. Read your camera manual to learn about exposure bracketing.
As I said previously, I only played with the shutter speed and aperture value in manual mode. Please enlighten me as to what you guys are talking about. :)

@stuge - Great Images stuges.
Yeah, Stuge's photography rocks. :)

toofan

Technomancer
Exposer bracketing is a camera feature but I am speaking of taking both the foreground and the background(brighter) in somewhat brightness. I don't know what it called.
Cool Does our camera supports the Exposour bracketing feature?

Maniac: I didn't do any thing to the child's face. I just removed the disturbing background. May be you are right let me thing about that.

And exposure bracketing is taking three images of one scene in different exposures. -2 0 +2 exposures which the camera does at the same time for us.

I am saying that in that shot you composed the shot with the compensating exposure which is by default. this makes the foreground darker. But If you would have taken another shot (for example) by lowering the shutter speed and increasing the exposer so that the foreground become equally bright as the background (sky) in the first shot. Then you merge those two shots in Photoshop to make the whole shot equally bright.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Yes my camera does support exposure bracketing but I haven't tried it anytime.

Under exposure bracketing, the camera takes 3 images - One with a normal exposure, one under-exposed & the last over-exposed. Then you can determine which image is good.

BTW toofan my camera doesn't allows me to compensate exposure under MANUAL mode. This is really strange as exposure compensation is available in other semi-auto modes but not under MANUAL mode :shock:

toofan

Technomancer
Where is that function lies in Camera As I too have the similar one SX110IS.

I too thought about that first then the conclusion I reach is that If you have to take it under exposed then just change the shutter speed or the F stop. And that way we have much control over exposure so no need of exposure compensation.
While other modes are used when we have to apply some settings say a shutter speed of 500 for stopping the action but if it was too sunny out there the only thing left is the exposure compensation to decrease the overall light.

Top Bottom