The Photography Thread

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I thinks the overall shot is looking very good. Yes the background is a not supporting the foreground but under conditions this is a very good shot.

What if you had shot it from front?

If shot from other side it would have casted my shadow & then the image wouldn't have looked so rich in contrast.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
*farm3.static.flickr.com/2482/4039270554_ed868e4b82.jpg

A BEST Bus negotiating a corner at Kalina University

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
*lh3.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/SuMsndC2NEI/AAAAAAAAAfI/gSKUs6A33ek/s800/IMG_0749.JPG
Pic1 Details:-
Camera: Canon
Model: Canon PowerShot SX10 IS
ISO: 80
Exposure: 0.6 sec
Aperture: 3.5
Focal Length: 8.3mm
Flash Used: No

*lh3.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/SuMsqEsT2PI/AAAAAAAAAfQ/BToUve3lzqs/s800/IMG_0752.JPG
Pic2 Info:-
Camera: Canon
Model: Canon PowerShot SX10 IS
ISO: 80
Exposure: 1.0 sec
Aperture: 4.5
Focal Length: 5mm
Flash Used: No
(I used SuperMacro in this one with Manual mode)

Tried something guys, tell me what more it needs.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Rhitwick - I liked the first one. In the second the butterfly isn't focused perfectly. A bit underexposed are both the images. Maybe a stop or two down on shutter should bring out the perfect exposure. Alternately you can bump the ISO to 100 from 80. Looking forward to more snaps from you. :)

@Toofan - Green refers to Greenery. The university campus is filled with dense trees & the area is very pleasing to eyes. A treat for nature lovers & photo addicts. :) I will post some more pics of the university so that you can get an idea.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
here's my try not too good its the first try.....

*img229.imageshack.us/img229/4084/s6302509.jpg

i don't know how to switch the flash off, of the camera. So tried on Manual mode.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Varad Dilip Choudhari - The image doesn't grab my eye to any point. It would be better if you think of a point like a heatsink on a motherboard. The empty cabinet has nothing to look for. Don't get disheartened but its the truth.

Which camera do you own? I can help you with the flash problem.

toofan

Technomancer
Varad Chaudhary: I can't even see your image fully at one go. I had to scroll the window. So resize your images to 600 x 480 resoulution or similar.

@Ritwik. You shots are good. But they are not sharp because your exposure/shutter speed is .6 sec and 1 sec respectively. you should have cranked the ISO to 200 or even higher. Or You could used the tripod. And even you are using the f stop of 4.5 which should be minimum of 2.8. for low light try not to use the zoom to enjoy the f stop of 2.8 . You can always crop your images later to go close.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
*farm3.static.flickr.com/2796/4045842090_f3a718b3a5_o.jpg

Sunset captured at Shivaji Park.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
@Varad Dilip Choudhari - Read this.
BTW don't put finger on flash as the guy suggests(sarcastically) as it may damage the flash or even burn your finger.

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
*img98.imageshack.us/img98/7339/rocksevening.jpg

Good Evening!

This shot is taken after two days of continuous Rain. I had posted some pics earlier of that day.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
@toofan: Thank you for your suggestion. Have just started and hearty that my photo has come out good. Thank you.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Yeah, I remember the earlier shot too. Good shot but the black effect is not so good around the image.

toofan

Technomancer
These are the shadows and more even the sunlight is falling on that particular area. And the sky is full of clouds. I was just amused after I saw that scene. Then I used full 10x zoom and captured that landslide zone.
I had cropped away some black area from left and bottom of image.

That day I took many keepers. But if I had found some height to shoot and to evade some of the building coming in between then I would have shot even more dramatic scenes.

Thanks for suggestions. I will try to reduce the darkening effect in PP.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
*farm3.static.flickr.com/2740/4049426632_7870feebf8_o.jpg

Boys having fun in the water. :)

Some purple fringing is noticeable in this shot. What else can I improve upon?
I wish I had bump the ISO a level up to freeze the ball.

Top Bottom