The Photography Thread

Krow

Crowman
Maniac: I didn't do any thing to the child's face. I just removed the disturbing background. May be you are right let me thing about that.
Yeah, I know you didn't change the baby's face, but the background makes him look so much more philosophical and is not at all disturbing to me. The original pic you took is great. Nice composition and caught the baby in a nice expression. Babies don't pose and photographing them is an art in itself.

I am saying that in that shot you composed the shot with the compensating exposure which is by default. this makes the foreground darker. But If you would have taken another shot (for example) by lowering the shutter speed and increasing the exposer so that the foreground become equally bright as the background (sky) in the first shot. Then you merge those two shots in Photoshop to make the whole shot equally bright.
The photoshop bit I need to learn. But otherwise, I think its called metering mode in my cam.

Under exposure bracketing, the camera takes 3 images - One with a normal exposure, one under-exposed & the last over-exposed. Then you can determine which image is good.

BTW toofan my camera doesn't allows me to compensate exposure under MANUAL mode. This is really strange as exposure compensation is available in other semi-auto modes but not under MANUAL mode :shock:
Same here, you can't control eV in manual mode in my cam either! :x

M

mysticjayant

Jayant I want to know more about you. Some history of yours.
-----------------------------------------
hey nice to see u guys liked my pic..
@ toofan..no history dude..i'm an engineer, like a lot of u guys, working in jamshepdur ..bought my first cam abt a yr ago with my first salary ,,canon sx100 IS..
started shooting properly only since march-april, when i shun the auto mode ...and strtd getting some awesome results..which i never thought were possible...read a few magazines n followed a few ppl on flickr..dats it...
but photography gives me grt joys, provides d much needed respite frm work after a long week on weekends..thats it boss..
hey if u guys wd like to see..heres a link to my flickr album...

*www.flickr.com/photos/mysticjayant

grt that u guys met up in mumbai..its a grt idea..maybe ppl in jamshedpur can come up wid such a meet as well...

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
I borrowed Sony DSC W200 for sometime.

*www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Sony/sony_dscw200.asp

Any comments on the camera? It got manual focus (5 steps) and I don't know what it is. :D Any techniques you guys would like to share?

toofan

Technomancer
*img230.imageshack.us/img230/2641/lightbulb.jpg
*img91.imageshack.us/img91/9871/diyalight.jpg
*img91.imageshack.us/img91/7324/diya.jpg
*img91.imageshack.us/img91/788/chhakar.jpg
*img3.imageshack.us/img3/3946/anaar.jpg

Mine were not good as as Stuge. But I only got those shots.

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
@ toofan Pic 1,2,3,4 are awesome. My favourite is pic 3 and 4. 3 is just toooooo good.
Yup! i totally agree with u.. pic 3 is awesome...2nd pic is good too. hmm in order to make u understand what i have written i m just converting it to ur language:)D) kauuuuu kauuuuuuuu! (no offence hehe:lol:)

Krow

Crowman
Yup! i totally agree with u.. pic 3 is awesome...2nd pic is good too. hmm in order to make u understand what i have written i m just converting it to ur language:)D) kauuuuu kauuuuuuuu! (no offence hehe:lol:)
SUPER OFFTOPIC: Its not kauuu kauuuuuuu (sounds like Cow, Cow ;) ), but kaaaaw kraaaw kraaaaw. My sensory awareness spreads to the English language too, so no need to worry. :)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Toofan, I quite liked all your pics. If you ask me to select my favorite, I would pick 2nd,3rd & 4th. :)

You guys believe it or not but I didn't even got a shot of firecrackers owing to no children in our building. Nobody busted any crackers for past few years. And I had been running from one relative to another for faral. First day of Diwali saw the great photography meet which was fruitful. Will post some non diwali related pics soon.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Feral was always in need of chopper backup.

@Toofan, awesome Diwali pics. Liked the chakra thingy, has come out really well.

Some snaps from a trip to Bhandardhara... went last weekend, but was a little busy till today.

*i37.tinypic.com/5cd0es.jpg

*i38.tinypic.com/jggpvq.jpg

Stuge

Youngling
awesome pictures toofan :)

@anorion : you have a dust in your sensor .get it cleaned before it becomes worse or clean it yourself if you have the gadgets to do it /or remove it in the CS4 :D

your both the shots are awesome ! I will love if you can do some post processing in your second one :)

toofan

Technomancer
Thanks Everyone.

@Cool: First I too didn't understood the faraal. But you explained later.

@krazzy: Padai par dhayaan lagao.

@Chirag: One month will give you some time to research and some more funds.

@anoroin: Nice images. Among the two, I liked the second one more for its colors and compositon. You can view same spots on each image means dust as said by stuge.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
*farm3.static.flickr.com/2572/4028015469_6f059b92a9_o.jpg

A small boat sailing in the water

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2536/4028015973_bea63dbd40_o.jpg

Crow wanting to kiss the sun :)

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3531/4028017253_1fd902d212_o.jpg

Pranay & Rhitwick lost in the rocks. While we guys(Ankit, Kaustubh & Me) reached to the far extreme end. :D

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2587/4028017617_9f78214102_o.jpg

Caption this shot.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2691/4028018273_fd195e2561_o.jpg

The whole group present for the first Thinkdigit Mumbai Photography Meet.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2603/4028017827_87722c1f0b_o.jpg

Bandra Station signboard.
Posted again:
*img8.imageshack.us/img8/3816/dsc04919p.jpg
"Woh pehli baaar, manual mode liye..."

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2455/4028770272_4996665530_o.jpg

Spot the differences. :lol: :grin: :))
The first one is shot by Krow while I shot the second shot. Rhitwick is giving almost similar expression in both the shots. Mind you the shot was not taken at the same time.

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
LOL Very similar. Bye the way Nice Images. Totally tells how much you all have enjoyed the company and photography.

Cool: You too have wished to take the crow in center of sun. Am I right. But I know is very difficult and a matter of chance to do so.

Top Bottom