The Photography Thread

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@Sujoy : Since I use a PnS and not a DSLR, very long exposures >1min are noisy and camera takes long to process them. Hence used stacking.

I could have avoided the tank easily... but I needed something stationary in the picture and there was nothing higher.

BTW you should try correcting barrel distortion in your panorama

sujoyp

Grand Master
@prashant see how much I could remove the distortion please check

Removed the pic
@nac It can be offcenter.... I am a human off course and center was based on guess :D ....yes the left is blown off coz the clouds were dark and I increased the brightness on that part which made left overexposed

Last edited:

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@sujoy I downloaded and tried but the image distortion is complicated. There is barrel distortion + some rotation (right side lower than left) and also needs adjustment in vertical plane. It will be a better idea to re stitch using another software. Try Microsoft ICE

sujoyp

Grand Master
No prashant I cant do the whole process again...I did lots of tweaking in the pic...now not possible to give 3-4 hrs more on photoshop..
I have cloned lot of people (7) distracting the view and a top of car comming in the view...then edited the sky a bit and dodged the walls a bit :D :p

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Microsoft ICE will take 1 min. It does the stitching automatically. There are no manual controls. If you have 4 pics that overlap each other... it will stick them together

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@Sujoy : Since I use a PnS and not a DSLR, very long exposures >1min are noisy and camera takes long to process them. Hence used stacking.

I could have avoided the tank easily... but I needed something stationary in the picture and there was nothing higher.

BTW you should try correcting barrel distortion in your panorama

:) my point exactly .... and its not the type of image that you have the patience to attempt everyday :)

Microsoft ICE will take 1 min. It does the stitching automatically. There are no manual controls. If you have 4 pics that overlap each other... it will stick them together

What is microsoft ICE and what does it do?

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Microsoft ICE is a freeware that stitches images into panorama. Advantages are
1.) It is accurate. Does not create strange looking artifacts
2.) It is 100% automatic. You don't even need to select the sequence of images. Just select the images and it is done

nac

Aspiring Novelist
*imageshack.us/a/img140/7636/img6869.JPG
SX130; Av - f/3.4; Tv - 5 sec; ISO - 80;

I wanted to take full moon when it rises over the horizon but I was little late... But still I was OK with this shot as I got this wonderful subject "giant wheel" (actually it's not that "giant").

I kinda felt weird when I took this... I was the only one taking photographs ( of course it's not a tourist spot ;) ) in the middle of an open ground where there were many people giving a weird look (which I don't see in that light). I wanted to get out of that place soon which made me not to try long exposure. I should have done either pushed up the sensitivity or used longer exposure. There are flaws, still I am posting for your C&C. Please leave your comments...

Attachments

• img6869.JPG
    img6869.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 74

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@nac It looks good. Try long exposure when the wheel is lit up and rotating :-D

:D
I mean... is this the reason it look like a distortion?

Reason for distortion is the fact that the center subject of panorama is closer to the camera than the subjects at the edges

sujoyp

Grand Master
@prashant u r absolutely right...center was too close...just maybe 30 meters...and the last end was maybe 100 meters

I used Microsoft ICE...It did not helped much coz of various reasons...I am posting a before and after pic just to show you what good/bad photoshopping can do ;) (its is original one ..just cropped)

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/-EOuXihR6cdQ/UHO6sUGXeQI/AAAAAAAAIBk/wAbfeZyY_bU/s800/Desktop.jpg

@nac ur attempt was good...how did u take 5 sec handheld...u have to start ignoring people....coz in future you would be using tripod on those places standing alone and adjusting...people call us mad photographers :D specially when I try to shoot insects from close

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
@nac It looks good. Try long exposure when the wheel is lit up and rotating :-D
Reason for distortion is the fact that the center subject of panorama is closer to the camera than the subjects at the edges

Thank you... Yeah, sure... it will be up and running in another 10 days I guess...

Oh!! That's the reason uh...

@nac ur attempt was good...u have to start ignoring people....coz in future you would be using tripod on those places standing alone and adjusting...people call us mad photographers :D specially when I try to shoot insects from close

Thank you... Yeah, once there was guy who shouted at me "hey! photographer" when I was shooting the moon at the road side around 12 midnight. Soon after I left the place... I didn't think people would notice me with this compact...

One more click I am posting for your comments... Please do comment...

*imageshack.us/a/img521/352/img6865bl.jpg
SX130; Av - f/3.4; Tv - 1/1600 sec; ISO - 80

There was a nice cloud pattern but there was not enough light... When the sunrises that pattern scattered... Sun was hiding behind the clouds so no "disk". Some PP work done to enhance the colour of the sky.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@nac Slight crop from the top and bit more at bottom would have made a better landscape ...there is some rule of taking sky I think 1/3 part ground and 2/3 part sky looks great (beach , sceneries)
But sky is looking beautiful and well exposed

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Unfortunately, there is no more bottom. But I have cropped some more from the top...

*imageshack.us/a/img834/342/img68652b.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
@nac Original one is looking more beautiful now :D ;) .....you can remove the new one ...sorry for this :)

New one if looking more like a photo but 1st one have beautiful sky :)

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
@ Nac, nice shot.
Can someone try clicking the sunrise at around 6-6.15 in the morning, when the sky is still blue-dark blue and the sun, large and orange.
I tried with my cellphone on a cloudy day, but couldn't get the effect I expected.
Here are a few shots I got

*i.imgur.com/1vDBDl.jpg

*i.imgur.com/FsET8l.jpg

*i.imgur.com/Z5gvYl.jpg

*i.imgur.com/kZtDsl.jpg

Top Bottom