The Photography Thread

toofan

Technomancer
Jayant I want to know more about you. Some history of yours.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
*img261.imageshack.us/img261/397/eveningcloud.jpg

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan - Is that image shot from a mobile? Nice rangoli & lamps. :)
I too spent the last night trying to get some good pics of lamps. Will post them later since I got to go LCD hunting now. :D

And yes my GF, Canon SX100 IS is back with me. The friend returned it in the same mint condition as I had lended it to him.

toofan

Technomancer
Good to hear that You get your gear alright.

Yes This was taken from my Nokia 3230. A 1.3 megapixel cam.

Stuge

Youngling
Humayun Tomb from train !(see the red monument )!

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2715/4018123178_49c46cb416_b.jpg

wihtout frame

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2569/4018146314_6b3541ee0a_b.jpg

I didn't like this pic at all .

toofan

Technomancer
@Cool How you took that shot. There is no noise visible. IS there any noise in Original One.

I didn't like this pic at all .
@Stuge: This is a good shot why don't you like it.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Toofan - Taken with a Tripod on the lowest ISO i.e. 80.
I had camera set on a tripod with timer & then shielded the lamp with a book from side to prevent the slight breeze from blurring the flame. At first I was shooting without shield & because of low ISO the breeze would always make the flame blurry.

@stuge - The shot is nice considering you took it from a train. Its only that it doesn't brings the viewer attention to the tomb.

toofan

Technomancer
I want to shoot fireworks today. Any special tips to do that although I had thought what I had to do. Personally I don't like fireworks but will enjoy shooting them.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I want to shoot fireworks today. Any special tips to do that although I had thought what I had to do. Personally I don't like fireworks but will enjoy shooting them.

Some things I would take into account when shooting fireworks,

1) You need to rest your camera on a tripod or a rigid surface. This is very important.

2) Most of the cameras take some time focussing on fireworks & sometimes due to this you may miss a shot. A quick remedy would be to set the focus on infinity & take snaps.

3) If you want a smooth look to those fireworks shoot at lower ISO but remember the lower the ISO the higher the shutter speed & hence more are the chances of blur if you bump the tripod or shoot handheld.

4) You can shoot handheld but then you will need to crank up the ISO. If you use a normal-prosumer camera like I do, going above ISO 400 will give you nothing but just noisy images. Avoid using ISO shift feature of your camera.

Stuge

Youngling
3) If you want a smooth look to those fireworks shoot at lower ISO but remember the lower the ISO the higher the shutter speed & hence more are the chances of blur if you bump the tripod or shoot handheld.
hm why will anybody bump the tripod .unless one is surrounded with junglies :p..kidding

in b/w toofan : since you are using p&s make sure you use timer(2sec one ) to shoot pic .it calls for hit and trial method ,much worse than lightinig lol

@Cool 5:I know that tomb can't be seen(its not a main subject in that pic ) .While given that title, my brain went grazing ..haha :D

@toofan :well thats my perception bro ;)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@stuge - I mean take care not to bump the tripod.

@toofan - You took any pics today of the fireworks?

@all - Had a Thinkdigit Photography Meet today & it was excellent. Will post the pics here soon :)

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
@toofan
You took any pics today of the fireworks? if yes, then please post it here! i really want to see... :) and that kid is thinking "ye uncle kya kar rahe hai! meri toilet kiye hue pant ki photo toh nahi kich rahe na!" :mrgreen:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Here are some pics from my camera of the Thinkdigit Mumbai Photography Meet which we had today.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2552/4019150239_a5c7ca5040_o.jpg

Rhitwick chugging happily on the rocks at Bandra coast. Some good bokeh in the background for Rhitwick to oogle on.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2653/4019150231_0c8e5b1899_o.jpg

Rhitwick capturing some small boats I guess. Again a bokeh shot which Rhitwick is Krazzy about :p

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3214/4019150227_62392bc763_o.jpg

Rhitwick & Pranay taking my snap so I decided to take their's. Tit for Tat ;)

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2475/4019150219_4648f7f0d8_o.jpg

Pranay clicking crows from rock edge at Bandra coast. I feel like kicking him in to the golden water :p

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2765/4019150245_dace01abc7_o.jpg

Sunset at Bandra Bandstand.

This was just a glimpse will upload more soon.

Krow

Crowman
I was telling G5 about my try at capturing soft colours of nature... Here it is.
*img148.imageshack.us/img148/4255/dsc04748v.jpg

Top Bottom