The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nikon 50mm 1.8D is great ....when I used it on my friends D7000 it worked very well...quick to focus and sharp

sujoyp

Grand Master
but medico it does not autofocus on my D3100 and it takes too much time to focus manually...although we have focus confirmation green light inside viewfinder..

As soon as I get my hands on D300 or D7000 this year I am sure to use it more :D ;)

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
yh its does take time to focus manually but its not like to i've to zoom in take quick shots the reason m invessing in fx lenses is that m pretty sure i'll getting one in a year or two :D

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
@kapil - could you please list the steps in lightroom for selective coloring? I have lightroom3. recently installed. Currently use it just of image contrast / saturation adjustment.

You can scroll down on right hand side panel and in HSL, go to saturation and take down all saturation to -100 except for the colour you want to retain, you can play with this to get more selective colours. Also if you want to remove traces from some unwanted areas use adjustment brush (key- K) and paint that area and take saturation down. here is screenshot attached.

and you are right, 50mm 1.8 or 35mm 1.8 are like must :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
today got delivery of my 1st tripod and I am soo excited:razz::razz: But didnt get the bag :x will have to wait for it

Vanguard ESPOD 203AP :p

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/-s4rgILGe2lY/TxBMXSrweLI/AAAAAAAAG9Y/WBYV6IaJt1U/s400/DSC_1640.JPG *lh5.googleusercontent.com/-kRZCNqTBLlU/TxBMYeHj5RI/AAAAAAAAG9c/HKEr7I_Ae38/s400/DSC_1646.JPG *lh6.googleusercontent.com/-uQL2Aho_q7Q/TxBMZk5ruCI/AAAAAAAAG9g/lq912TZKxcY/s400/DSC_1649.JPG

My 1st night shot :)
*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Zp1bmzr4iRM/TxBMaeAjAWI/AAAAAAAAG9k/27SM8fX4cTk/s400/DSC_1665.JPG

a_medico

Chillum Baba
You can scroll down on right hand side panel and in HSL, go to saturation and take down all saturation to -100 except for the colour you want to retain, you can play with this to get more selective colours. Also if you want to remove traces from some unwanted areas use adjustment brush (key- K) and paint that area and take saturation down. here is screenshot attached.

and you are right, 50mm 1.8 or 35mm 1.8 are like must :)

Got it!! Great discovery thanks to you. Cant wait playing with it.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@binarycodes the new 50mm 1.8 AFS G cost twice the AF-D version... I would rather suggest go for used 50mm AF-D version and later if u have the money get 35mm AFS version

sujoyp

Grand Master
wow it seems most people know what to shoot with a 50mm 1.8 and I am the only ignorant :(

I really feel 50mm is a very tight frame....I am not at all comfortable shooting like that...even to get a full body shot u have to move many steps behind, which is not idle in most situations...
I would prefer 35mm more :)

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^ how about close shots with F1.8 aperture? Nothing beats 50mm.

example:

*img254.imageshack.us/img254/3962/img0500s.jpg

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
@Sujoyp:congrats for Vanguard :)
@ medico: nice shot.

I am not sure if I posted this already, but this small doll is also taken with 50mm 1.8G :)

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7001/6576064523_7606489e6c_z.jpg
Doll by digitman2006, on Flickr

here is one nightshot I took recently (not with 50mm :D):

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7031/6685302837_05351e57ac_z.jpg
Nageshi Temple, Goa by digitman2006, on Flickr

Last edited:
Top Bottom