The Photography Thread

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
today got delivery of my 1st tripod and I am soo excited:razz::razz: But didnt get the bag :x will have to wait for it

Vanguard ESPOD 203AP :p
nice!!please do mention the price and the place where u bought it and btw how does it feel

I'd say get the 1.8G.
Check out this review

yh the 1.8G is a fraction tighter than the 1.8D but it costs double as much

wow it seems most people know what to shoot with a 50mm 1.8 and I am the only ignorant :(

I really feel 50mm is a very tight frame....I am not at all comfortable shooting like that...even to get a full body shot u have to move many steps behind, which is not idle in most situations...
I would prefer 35mm more :)

but i thought on a dx with crop factor of 1.5 50mm= 75mm and 35mm=52.5mm
so 35 mm would be more tighter

^^ how about close shots with F1.8 aperture? Nothing beats 50mm.

yup thats the reason most folks for 1.8 so that u can effectively blurr the background and it being a prime that too 1.8 gives immense clarity for potraits

sujoyp

Grand Master
I have 50mm for 8 months now...mostly used it for product photography and macros with ET :) Its very sharp and good for low light ;)

Thanks Kapil...your nightshot is superb

@prabhu...That tripod I got from one of my local dealer ....It cost me Rs.3k but now price have increased to 4k (even the box says so MRP 4600)
It feels nice...its solid and height is good like 5"5...its very light 1.3kg... still I donno much how and where to use tripod but experimenting and learning vaguely ....

I am waiting for one of my photography friend/guru to come back from tour and tell some basics :D

1.8G is AFS and would work in motorless bodies like D3100, D5100 etc coz of motor in lens its costlier

you r right about crop factor but u missed that 35mm will be wider than 50mm...if with 50mm u can take portrait with 35mm from same position you can take maybe whole body

sujoyp

Grand Master
Sorry bro I dont think its possible now...I ordered 12 days back and got delivery yesterday that too they misplaced my Bag :x

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
Sorry bro I dont think its possible now...I ordered 12 days back and got delivery yesterday that too they misplaced my Bag :x
oh np :)

[YOUTUBE]UzLTGJuR4CQ[/YOUTUBE]
:wow:

wow it seems most people know what to shoot with a 50mm 1.8 and I am the only ignorant :(

[YOUTUBE]PwmCrGVS3ZQ[/YOUTUBE]
:-o

[YOUTUBE]RekoCNFp5dc[/YOUTUBE]

oh man!!u gotta take a look at this jus love the monkey cam!!!!!:D

binarycodes

ArchLinux Rocks!
Here's one of mine from 2010!

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7022/6693777403_6e3ddf0444_b.jpg
One step closer! by binarycodes, on Flickr

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thats a very good pic & a scenic place binarycodes...u should have waited for that guy/gal to move away...

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
@medico , regarding your selective coloring query I would like to add that the approach mentioned in lightroom will not be good if you had a person with red cloth.

If you use photoshop/GIMP ,I am giving you the steps or else do explore some tutorials online.
here are few,if you can..the best way will be to go through youtube videos..
*www.gimp.org/tutorials/Selective_Color/
*www.photoble.com/photoshop-tutorials/selective-color-photoshop-tutorial

I usually start with a new layer (via copy) and then desaturate the whole frame.
Then using the history brush,I recover only the part i want to.
Sometime i want the background to be little less saturated as compared to main subject, then i use different strength on the history tool.

A night potrait of my frnd, lit by only laptop screen light.
*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-xBAB2bBym1Q/TxHIXmRfvwI/AAAAAAAAAMs/9ftQrnJZqg0/s720/mandal_small.jpg

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
heres a more comprehensive guide The Complete Picture with Julieanne Kost - LR - Selective Coloring Techniques in Lightroom | Adobe TV

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
@INS-ANI: yes, its true, the method I mentioned is very crude and works only when image is not much cluttered. Using Photoshop or gimp and making layers is much appropriate method. Thanks for posting.
Here are few easy videos on Youtube:
1. Using Color Range in Photoshop - YouTube
2.Selective colour in Photoshop - Quick Shots 7 - YouTube

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
Sharing one of my selective coloring pic... hope you will like it.

Have used photoshop extensively to blend the leaf.
*lh6.googleusercontent.com/-94agQgTU5RE/TxJrmN_PcfI/AAAAAAAAAM4/PF0_vic8zmw/s640/DSC02954%252520copysmall.jpg

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
@Animesh Nice shot!

Sharing some shots i took today...

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7035/6700295173_e15cc68ccd.jpg
Pink Rose by Jaggy89, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7172/6700303703_30bd480036_z.jpg
Newly Born Hibiscus Bud by Jaggy89, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7005/6700316945_282585d2c7_z.jpg
Rose by Jaggy89, on Flickr

toofan

Technomancer
Ins Ani: loved the portrait.

some Macro shots made with 50mm lens + Extensions for your C&C. Thanks.

1. Freezed by cold.
*img441.imageshack.us/img441/6614/dsc3379b.jpg

*img696.imageshack.us/img696/7286/dsc3495h.jpg

*img337.imageshack.us/img337/1871/hoverfly4.jpg

*img192.imageshack.us/img192/9382/dsc3526s.jpg

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
@jagg Thanks :)
Your flower shots are great, #1 and #2 are better, #3 has too much color IMO.

@Vimal Thanks, am learning and experimenting with portrait these days, it appears to be one the best way to trade your freedom to shoot with your friends.

You macros and portraits are always a visual treat. In #1 image, is it really stuck/dead or posing for you?

Top Bottom