The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
but cross check the features...I think it have more features then Rs.1000 one..
COmpare it with a pro tripod..I think it have most of things (Compromising of course)

Sounava

In the zone
but cross check the features...I think it have more features then Rs.1000 one..
COmpare it with a pro tripod..I think it have most of things (Compromising of course)
Which 1000 one are you talking about? I am talking about the 920/- mini tripod.
And comparing to a pro, it does not even come close. It is more or less same as the SIMPEX 1200 which retails at around 700 bucks in stores. Exactly the same thing.

sujoyp

Grand Master
r u talking about this
*img4.fkcdn.com/acc/large/P/5/D/ACCCX3S5PKZSWP5D.jpg

ooh I thought u were talking about

*img2.fkcdn.com/acc/large/U/A/M/ACCCX3S5UH6FTUAM.jpg

the 1599 model is this
*img0.fkcdn.com/acc/large/5/F/V/ACCCX3S5AHMF55FV.jpg
Slik F 153 Tripod: Slik Tripod: Price India: Flipkart Tripods

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
Nice shots everyone!

some sunset shots i took yesterday..
*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-rjRz-aCbJuw/TfduUt25DwI/AAAAAAAAAW4/uWLgT5z76jY/s640/13.jpg

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HGAOfuTeKRQ/TfduShnNI7I/AAAAAAAAAW0/H-lt60s84ZA/s512/12.jpg

Sounava

In the zone
@ sujoyp: Yup. You didn't see what I wrote in that post did you? >_< Anyway, I am copy pasting it again. Here you go:

Btw, I am really thinking about going for this model called SLIK Mini II. Costs 920 @ flipkart (Cash on delivery option). I have handled the tripod in a store in Kolkata Metro Gali (famous for Cameras). The build quality is really nice. This supports loads upto 2KG, which is really awesome.
You can see the following videos:
YouTube - ‪SLIK MINI II TRIPOD 미니 삼ê°￾대‬&rlm;
YouTube - ‪Slik Mini II Tabletop Tripod Review‬&rlm;
I was thinking that if I buy a full size tripod then I may be tempted NOT to carry it with me because of the size and weight and my purpose would be defeated and so this small size tripod might be better. Any suggestions guys?

sujoyp

Grand Master
OMG it seems I skipped a lot of info...just remembered flipcart and slik:razz::shock:

soo the small one is very small or it could be extended...or its just for table top photography

Sounava

In the zone
OMG it seems I skipped a lot of info...just remembered flipcart and slik:razz::shock:

soo the small one is very small or it could be extended...or its just for table top photography
See the videos dude to get an idea of the size :)
Yup it is slightly extendible, but not much.

I stumbled upon another similar sized tripod which extends to a much larger height:
Velbon Tripod CXMINI
Velbon is a well known brand. This is costing only 1040. Has a quick release lock too.
From this video this looks awesome: YouTube - ‪Velbon CX Mini Full Review‬&rlm;

sujoyp

Grand Master
My net at home is not working...stupid BSNL:-x ....I hope its at least 3 feet...please tell me I cant see the video in office

Sounava

In the zone
Just now ordered extension tube and lens reversal ring! :)
Macro's here I come :)
Now the wait begins of receiving the products.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yup its perfect time for macro soo many insects everywhere...I need a flash for that too...would check if I can get a good yougnou flash

Stuge

Youngling
Super Darkest Lunar Eclipse of the Century -2011

We went around 100 km south west of Delhi(place called sarkas ) .It was all cloudy and gloomy at the start of the eclipse ,but after an hour or so the sky got cleared and we got to see and capture the whole eclipse. Just mind blowing life time experience. :).Have a Nice day :

Darkest Lunar Eclipse

*farm6.static.flickr.com/5277/5839819779_cefa9838b7_z.jpg

Super Darkest Lunar Eclipse 2011 with Milky Way
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3638/5838669024_7f746eb16b_z.jpg

*www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=21...35521157.50535.112549338784151&type=1&theater

*www.flickr.com/photos/ilovewalkman/5839819779/

sujoyp

Grand Master
wow stuge u r lucky and u give great effort to go to that place...I was soo disappointed to see clouds that I lost all hopes

Great shot:razz:

Sounava

In the zone
yup its perfect time for macro soo many insects everywhere...I need a flash for that too...would check if I can get a good yougnou flash
What is the cost of the yougnou flash? I will advice you to go for the Sunpak PZ42X. Costs around 6k and its Guide Number is 42 and is fully iTTL compatible.

We went around 100 km south west of Delhi(place called sarkas ) .It was all cloudy and gloomy at the start of the eclipse ,but after an hour or so the sky got cleared and we got to see and capture the whole eclipse. Just mind blowing life time experience. :).Have a Nice day :

Darkest Lunar Eclipse

*farm6.static.flickr.com/5277/5839819779_cefa9838b7_z.jpg

Super Darkest Lunar Eclipse 2011 with Milky Way
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3638/5838669024_7f746eb16b_z.jpg

Abhinav Singhai Photography's Photos - Super Darkest Lunar Eclipse 2011-India | Facebook

Darkest Lunar Eclipse -2011 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

THESE ARE JUST AWESOME :shock::shock:
Btw how did you take the second photograph??

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
6k is too much...I cant afford it right now...I am saving for samsung galaxy 2:razz:

yognou was 3.5k and its fully manual...I dont recollect the number its of 5 series...

I would love a ITTL one...so should i wait for that r get a manual flash..

Sounava

In the zone
6k is too much...I cant afford it right now...I am saving for samsung galaxy 2:razz:

yognou was 3.5k and its fully manual...I dont recollect the number its of 5 series...

I would love a ITTL one...so should i wait for that r get a manual flash..
Can you give me a link of the flash you are talking about?

Here is the link of the Sunpak flash I said about: Link

Top Bottom