The Photography Thread

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Guys,
Please join Pixel Track - Photography Forum

Finally my dream comes true today on the occasion of Ganesh Utsav.

Unleashing Pixel Track - Photography Forum

My blog post describing the launch of Pixel Track.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
*farm3.static.flickr.com/2489/3674026123_a2f27a8408_o.jpg[\img]

A photo I took at Kausani ....its a place near nanital ...famous for its sunset point...
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
[img]*farm3.static.flickr.com/2489/3674026123_a2f27a8408_o.jpg

A photo I took at Kausani ....its a place near nanital ...famous for its sunset point...

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
Actually its about 100 Kms from Nainital. Its nothing in comparition of plains but for hills its 3 hours of journey.

Kausani is very very beautiful place and Known for Bird watchers.And from there you can watch a full range of Himalayas. If you can post more pics that would be good.

toofan

Technomancer
Cyber Junki awesome pics.

Can you tell us how you took that means taken in flash or studio light or just ordinary light etc etc.

cyberjunkie

Journeyman
No flash or studio lights. It was taken with sunlight coming through a window with blinds at around 12 in the noon. It was slightly cloudy at that time.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I'm damn sure you're using a good camera. Such results are not possible on a normal 10k consumer grade camera. Which camera CJ?

And yes, the pics are good, especially the first one. The second one seems a spot over perfect exposure, that can be very acceptable though. ;)

cyberjunkie

Journeyman
There are many people who can get great results with cheap point and shoots. I was reviewing the Sony A330. It's gone back now :sad:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
There are many people who can get great results with cheap point and shoots. I was reviewing the Sony A330. It's gone back now :sad:

Thought so.
Still a DSLR is a DSLR. With great price come great snaps.
You guys are lucky still, you get to handle so many latest products while we have to stick with the one we purchase for a long time.

cyberjunkie

Journeyman
"With great price come great snaps." Probably the most ridiculous statement ever. Go to Flickr and find photos from a Canon PowerShot A480 or something. You'll find some seriously impressive stuff from Rs. 7,000 cameras. If you look for cameras over Rs. 2 lakh, you'll also find equally horrible shots..

Then let's see you say ""With great price come great snaps..." :p

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Offcourse, I didn't meant it entirely depends upon the camera. I know even low end camera's can shoot great if one shoots within their capabilities.
But then a professional photographer can't reproduce the same photo he took with Canon EOS 5D Mark II with Canon Powershot A480. Can he? No!

Even a low end DSLR will beat a 10k model black-blue, offcourse not considering the poor skill of the shooter. I hope that's clear. :razz:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@toofan and chirag....thanks guys.....will post some more of the photos I took....
Posted again:
*farm3.static.flickr.com/2638/3674835674_6d4041c3d6_o.jpg

one of the lake at nainital.....its a beauty by day and is almost unreal by night....
Posted again:
@toofan: amazing photo of the beetle ......amazing control on the depth of feild....what is the camera and lens that you are using?

@all: An expensive camera helps but the real stuff is the photographer, a good one tends to turn even the limitations of the camera into amazing shots...

Last edited:

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
izzikio, that's a beautiful scene. But the tilt is irritating. It's easy to tilt the camera while shooting without knowing it and I sometimes do it myself.

You can rotate an image with Irfanview by any angle in steps of 0.01 degree. Your photo will look better if it's rotated by about 2 degrees to the right.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Nice picture, toofan.

Now, without peeking at the explanation below, can anyone tell what this is?

*img405.imageshack.us/img405/2586/beesting.jpg

It's the stinger of a honeybee. The bee left it behind when it stung my wife and I took it off with a pair of tweezers.

If it had happened during the day, I would have been able to take a bigger and more detailed picture. But it was night time, there wasn't sufficient light and since dinner was already on the table, I didn't want to go to the trouble of arranging some additional lightning. So I had to use the flash. I shot in macro mode, but if I put the camera too close to the subject, the lens housing would have cast a shadow on the subject. So this was the most close-up shot I could take.

BTW, although the sting of a honeybee is not bery painful to most people, some, like my wife, are very sensitive to insect stings. When a bee stings her in the neck, her face swells up like a balloon and she finds it very painful. It can even be life-threatening if the allergic reaction obstructs the respiratory tracts. I always have antihistamine shots and tablets handy in the house.

toofan

Technomancer
@ izzikio_rage: That pic was shot from a cannon sx110 IS. Not a DSLR :(

and the light post which is in foreground of the pic tells us that you have a mind of a photographer.

@pimpom I could not figure out that its a bee sting without the explanation below it. Because no one can think that a bee sting could be photographed :)

Yes the shadow of camera tends to come over images and it happens with me also many time while Indore shooting.

Top Bottom