The Photography Thread

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Toofan, same rates here in Mumbai.
By the way, what do you guys do to protect your images from getting copied(for use) by the photo lab?

I mostly resize the images & give them. What else can I do to stop them from being used without my permission? Have you ever thought on this?

toofan

Technomancer
I think we cant do anything regarding this except suing them later. :D

I don't think resizing is of any good use because mostly images are used resolution wise in web. so if it has a good resolution while the inches are less it is a good copy to use at web.
Rest I don't know much about this.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
guys you are rocking now a days.. I am of photography because of tight schedule and other work :(
toofan, I like your macro shots.. I love macros ..

Thanks dear.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
I am also a photograpy enthusiast. How is my cam - Sony DSC-H-50? I wanna post pics i took here but do you guys mind if i watermark them? (I dont want ant stealing... :) )

@ toofan and pimpom great pics ppl keep it up.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Go ahead post the watermarked versions.
We would be glad to see & critique if you desire.

Your camera is good. :)

Krow

Crowman
Go ahead post the watermarked versions.
We would be glad to see & critique if you desire.
Your camera is good. :)
Thanks and here you go.

*img7.imageshack.us/img7/4688/dsc00943qx.jpg
*img143.imageshack.us/img143/7731/dsc01071h.th.jpg
*img143.imageshack.us/img143/1036/dsc01074n.th.jpg
*img143.imageshack.us/img143/3588/dsc01078.th.jpg
*img515.imageshack.us/img515/1537/dsc01079y.th.jpg
*img210.imageshack.us/img210/6117/dsc01116l.th.jpg
*img40.imageshack.us/img40/435/dsc01009ba.th.jpg
*img168.imageshack.us/img168/7093/dsc00918v.th.jpg

For a start.... :razz:
Scaled for ease... Please gimme some of your feedback

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Techalomaniac: Those pics are very good artistic efforts.

Some of the members who have participated in this thread are just starting to take a serious interest in photography, so a substantial portion of the discussion has been about the technical side of taking pictures. Perhaps it's time to start on the artistic aspect too.

toofan

Technomancer
@techlomaniac. Awesome dude.
Everyone has its own eye to see through the things. You play with feelings and soft colors.

YOu just inspired me and broadened my view. Thanks

*img529.imageshack.us/img529/7226/ghughuta3.jpg

Ghughuta. [this is what we call this bird in our language(kumauni-Uttaranchal)]
This little creature is used of resting over my old Door Darshan "Antina". A bit touching to correct the exposure as this is a morning shot and sun was behind the bird.

Krow

Crowman
@techlomaniac. Awesome dude.
Everyone has its own eye to see through the things. You play with feelings and soft colors.

YOu just inspired me and broadened my view. Thanks

*img529.imageshack.us/img529/7226/ghughuta3.jpg

Ghughuta. [this is what we call this bird in our language(kumauni-Uttaranchal)]
This little creature is used of resting over my old Door Darshan "Antina". A bit touching to correct the exposure as this is a morning shot and sun was behind the bird.

Amazing pic man! This is what I call capturing the expression. Notice the eyes of the bird and its feathers ruffling up a bit. :)

I shall keep sharing my pics with all here now. I started with photography only in november last year.

Even if it improves pictures a lot, personally I do not believe in touching up my pics. I like them the way they are. But, then again touching up is also an art acc to me and I respect all those who use it.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Nice pics Techalomaniac & Toofan.
I too believe in shooting a good shot than in post-processing. Agree with Techalomaniac.

toofan

Technomancer
I think improving your images using software is ok. All pros do this because its not possible to find everything perfect every time. But its only me opinion.

Krow

Crowman
*img515.imageshack.us/img515/2210/dsc03774d.th.jpg
*img2.imageshack.us/img2/5369/dsc03748ek.th.jpg
*img196.imageshack.us/img196/4434/dsc03648kf.th.jpg
*img196.imageshack.us/img196/6306/dsc03628m.th.jpg
*img196.imageshack.us/img196/8501/dsc03572s.th.jpg

All feedback welcome... :)

I like this one a lot and hence in larger res...

*img196.imageshack.us/img196/1267/dsc03573rd.jpg

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
Techlomanic good pics and nice vision.

If you can you should plan to have a DSLR in the coming year.

Does all these pics r taken in manual mode? If yes then you should buy a D-SLR.

toofan

Technomancer
Now this is just a example of what post processing can do to images.

*img215.imageshack.us/img215/974/techalomanica1.jpg

Here you can see the all the details in this image which were hardly visible in the original one. This mean that the original one was not properly exposed. I havn't produced them but they were hidden in the image posted by techlomaniac. i just corrected the exposure in a editting software.

Although the editing depends upon the mood/emotion you want to put on the image. But this is just a example.

Krow

Crowman
Techlomanic good pics and nice vision.
If you can you should plan to have a DSLR in the coming year.
Does all these pics r taken in manual mode? If yes then you should buy a D-SLR.
Manual mode always. :D I hate auto mode, using it only in case of a hurry when photos of celebs/leaders have to be clicked fast. About the D-SLR, nope I won't be buying it anytime soon as I got this cam in November 2008 for 18k and I have still not begun earning. When I do get a job, I shall get a DSLR or maybe even a waterproof DSLR. ;)

Now this is just a example of what post processing can do to images. Here you can see the all the details in this image which were hardly visible in the original one. This mean that the original one was not properly exposed. I havn't produced them but they were hidden in the image posted by techlomaniac. i just corrected the exposure in a editting software. Although the editing depends upon the mood/emotion you want to put on the image. But this is just a example.
Good example. With a little bit of finetuning, this one could be even better. Maybe we can even start a touch-up others pics thingy here, like you click pics and upload and I will touch up. That way, we can all benefit. What say?

I am still new to photography and I believe that the best way to learn is trial and error. That's how I understood the uses of Shutter Speed and Aperture. Practical knowledge. :) One more personal belief is that one must have an idea of how he wants a shot to look, something like a painting and the photo (after a few tries, of course) comes out that way. Again, spoken from personal experience.

frankzzsword

Right off the assembly line
check out my gallery at
*frankzzsword.deviantart.com/
Posted again:
check out my gallery at
*frankzzsword.deviantart.com/

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Toofan, I'm not in opposition of PP but would like to avoid it as much as possible. Sometimes you have to PP an image since it was not shot properly. Though if you go overboard a PP image will look plasticky.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3513/3891451259_6d8417915b.jpg

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2474/3892240210_24559cbb88.jpg

Krow

Crowman
That macro rocks!

Is the second one without PP??? If so, then awesome! Else, awesome too! I can unearth tonnes of meaning from that pic. Please give us the time and location of that pic.

toofan

Technomancer
Coo:l the macro shot rocks. This is the first image i had seen of yours after those you posted when you reviewed your canon sx100 IS.

The second one rocks too. I think it is of evening time with the sunset mode.

I too don't do post processing. But only to some of my pics which were shot in extreme conditions.

And I don't need to edit my macros. They all come perfect.(only in my view.)
Posted again:
Hey anyone seen frankzzsword pics. they are beautiful.

nice work frankzzsword.

Last edited:
Top Bottom