Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/800)
Aperture: f/6.3
Focal Length: 91 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: Off

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
A couple of shots displaying the fear of Swine Flu which has gripped Mumbai recently :(

*img7.imageshack.us/img7/1314/image2wxz.th.jpg

*img197.imageshack.us/img197/4308/image1fzc.th.jpg

These masks were distributed by head honcho of a party who himself hid under cover not showing up for the event(Flag Hoisting).

toofan

Technomancer
*img39.imageshack.us/img39/8498/letmetaste.jpg

Let Me Taste!

*img268.imageshack.us/img268/341/explosionj.jpg

Exploded!

Last edited:

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Toofan, how did you take the first shot? Settings?
He took the picture with a Canon SX110 IS. Settings are:

ISO = 100
Shutter speed = 1/160 sec
Aperture = 3.5
Focal length = 20.1mm (3.35x zoom), equiv. to 120mm for a 35mm camera
No flash
Scene-average metering

@toofan : You should set your camera clock. It looks as if you shot the picture at 3:51 AM and that's probably not true. Nice picture. I've never had a chance to take a good shot of a snake. Here's a couple of pictures of some unusual cloud formations.

The diffracted sunlight is beautiful in this shot:
*s48.photobucket.com/albums/f223/keimah/?action=view&current=Cloudcolour.jpg

This shot shows what appear to be shadows of the cloud on a thin higher layer of cloud, but that's impossible. We had an interesting discussion of the phenomenon in a newsgroup a couple of years ago.
*s48.photobucket.com/albums/f223/keimah/?action=view&current=Cloudshadow.jpg

toofan

Technomancer
Thanks dear.
I was about to post the settings but you already did. Which software do you used?

If the shutter speed would have been a bit higher, the moving tip too would have been sharper. Am I right?
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Amazing shots !

What was the conclusion of that discussion. Its really amazing. Shadow in between then what would be the position of sun.

Last edited:

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Thanks dear.
I was about to post the settings but you already did. Which software do you used?
Irfanview with plugins. To show basic info like image size in pixels, number of colours, file size, etc. , the Iview hot key is 'I'. The plugins let you see the photo's EXIF data like exposure, etc. The hot key for that is 'E' when the basic info is being displayed.

shutter speed would have been a bit higher, the moving tip too would have been sharper. Am I right?
Correct. But then the aperture would have to be wider to compensate for the shorter exposure time. f/3.5 is about maximum for your camera at that focal length. The
remaining option is to use a higher ISO, but that would introduce more noise. In that situation, a good compromise might be ISO 200 which would result in a shutter speed of about 1/320 sec and still have reasonably low noise.

What was the conclusion of that discussion. Its really amazing. Shadow in between then what would be the position of sun.
Someone finally pointed out that the shadow is actually on a thin lower cloud layer. He provided a link to an explanation, so it must be true. But even on the full-sized image in my computer, I couldn't detect any indication of the lower cloud layer.

toofan

Technomancer
Correct. But then the aperture would have to be wider to compensate for the shorter exposure time. f/3.5 is about maximum for your camera at that focal length. The
remaining option is to use a higher ISO, but that would introduce more noise. In that situation, a good compromise might be ISO 200 which would result in a shutter speed of about 1/320 sec and still have reasonably low noise.
How you know that much about these things. I never thought that. Is it possible with DSLR to have f stop of 3.5 by using high shutter speed.

And what is this focal length. mean how it affect photography?

Focal length = 20.1mm (3.35x zoom), equiv. to 120mm for a 35mm camera
What this mean?

Nicon has a lens something like that VR is 18mm -- 120 mm. how to find that how much optical zoom is this?
mine is 6 -- 60 and its 10x. and 18mm -- 120 mm will be 6.6 X optical zoom(if i m right). now what is the difference between them,which is higher zoom.

So many questions to ask. Hope you get the point of my confusion.

toofan

Technomancer
sword fish wow! but tumne meri photo ko pheeka kar diya apne saamne.
Posted again:
which place is this. Swiss. I wish I could be there. Its the effect of you pic.

Last edited:

swordfish

Somebody stop me...
Thanks mate.. Its swiss again..

mrintech, yes I added.. :) also my blog get hacked too :(

Toofan, ya swiss.. yours is also verryyy nice.. Pleasant colors to look at.. :)

Top Bottom