The Photography Thread

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@INS.. err, I thought they were discussing about a software and just shared the link with u. :s And it's my SE C510 with camera turned on. A bunch of blue light illuminates few keys..

@Stuge: lol yea you are true. But I've already been waiting to buy it from ~3 months. I could've bought it this month, but since my exams are going on, I have to wait till it finishes.

So I don't think I will wait anymore. Though I know that D90 is better than D5000. Since am beginner to DSLR and have some more commitments to fulfill, I will stick with D5000 for now.

As far as lenses are concerned, I will be using the 18-55mm kit lens for some time and will buy the 55-200mm and 50mm f/1.8 lenses after few months.

Last edited:
OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
@toofan... Thats quite a high price. hope its worth it.
I would rather stick with my 3years plan to buy a SLR :(

@all, Regarding the LED shot.. Including background as pointed out by stuge, the LED is also important parameter. Have tested with three types and found smaller and brighter is better (visually).
I request you to suggest if anything else matters with selection of LED, i would try to get some suitable products from market or modify them to suit the requirements.

Stuge

Youngling
@toofan... Thats quite a high price. hope its worth it.
I would rather stick with my 3years plan to buy a SLR :(

thats justa body and a kit lens for you.once you get addicted to upgrades ,filters ,bag ,then its a matter of time before you break your bank .

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
Then i should rather wait to have something of my own in bank :)

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Btw, came across some stunning long exposure shots.. here's the link.
*webdesignledger.com/inspiration/30-stunning-examples-of-long-exposure-photography

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@INS-ANI - Seems cool. How did you achieve it? Explain in detail :)

@gigacore - You're thinking of doing photography seriously or just as a hobby? Would like to say, choose careful as "Photography is a really costly hobby". (Find this statement very true)

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@Cool, Yea am aware of that. Am not taking it serious, but u can say it as serious hobby :p

Well actually since am into Geology, I will be taking some pics, time-lapse videos, macros, astrophotographs etc... So equipping with some basic stuffs to get started.

Stuge

Youngling
@Stuge, speaking of filters, how much does a good polarizing filter with 52mm diameter costs?
it depends on the brand .B+W(its a german company ) is considered to be top notch brand (yes they are, I have filters from them).Hoya( japanese company )
is good too .Avoid Marumi and Local brands at any cost .

hoya should cost you around Rs 2k for a 52mm one (
b+w can cost you around Rs 3000 for a multicoated polarizer .Prices in grey market can vary .

toofan

Technomancer
*img84.imageshack.us/img84/7637/dsc0010y.jpg
Peach(larger one) and Apricot.

*img33.imageshack.us/img33/1444/dsc0012copy.jpg
Plum

*img35.imageshack.us/img35/341/dsc0022up.jpg
Peach

*img339.imageshack.us/img339/2339/dsc0025c.jpg
Peach again.

Giga-core: then you should took for D3000 or D5000 from nikon and 1000D or 500D from Canon. These would be cheap and there kil lens will suffice your hunger.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan - I liked the third one. May I know which metering mode are you using?

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Let's bite on the Sealink

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4041/4655670402_45ebe4070a_b.jpg

Strength of Palm

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4044/4655670416_cf06429810_b.jpg

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@Stuge, Thanks for the information.

@toofan, I will go for D5000.

@Cool, I wonder what u would do when u buy a DSLR. You are already doing great with a bridge cam.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Btw, came across some stunning long exposure shots.. here's the link.
*webdesignledger.com/inspiration/30-stunning-examples-of-long-exposure-photography

Hey, thanx for the link.

Awesome long exposure shots, even awesome are the "natural lights" section.

If not checked yet, check out now.

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
@INS-ANI - Seems cool. How did you achieve it? Explain in detail :)

Its the same process.. this time i blocked my flash.
the only images i took was of the mid blue part.. only half of it, the other half is inverted of first.
similarly, you can see the wings are also identical, just one wing image taken.
same is with antenna.
(i did take many tries and have used only the best results to collage them in to one butterfly)

Also, my mouse has a red led at bottom and a blue led at top.. this time used both of them independently.

Food for thought: How will it look if the same act is performed in front of a (big) mirror. :)

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

@rhitwick
off to check now :)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@INS-ANI - Thanks for the explanation. It has come out really nice. Try it if you have a big mirror.

@Giga - Thank You.

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
Large mirror.. thats hard to find. :(

Those intrested in BnW pics.. check out a great compilation at *www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/09/09/beautiful-black-and-white-photography-2/

Stuge

Youngling
@toofan : like the 3rd one :)
@cool : sea link could have been better .2nd one is cool (nice illusion :D ),but both good concepts :)

@INS : nice link :) good collections of pictures :)

toofan

Technomancer
cool: Mostly i use matrix metering.

second one come nicely.
If you would have gone closer and not taken the bridge portion behind there head then it would have looked like they have eaten the bridge. Or wait why go closer just remove the bridge in P.P.

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

*img217.imageshack.us/img217/9288/dsc0056m.jpg

Good Morning.

*img42.imageshack.us/img42/5162/dsc0058l.jpg

Second one just didn't come out as i had wished. I tried to make it HDR with a single file.

Top Bottom