The Photography Thread

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
@gigacore, can yo share how you did the video? I need to know how i can do the same with some LED shots i have.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@INS-ANI: The second was actually my first attempt in making time-lapse video. The another with 8 seconds meets almost many parameters to make a time-lapse video look good and smooth.

I used my Sony Ericsson C510 with a java app called "Time-lapse Camera". Using that app, you can set the interval between each shots and the app does the rest.

I took 124 shots with an interval of 30 seconds between each shot. Then used "Ulead GIF Animator" software to combine all those images to look like a video. Ulead GIF Animator lets u export it as .AVI too.

In the video, the interval between each image is 0.06 sec. And saved it with the frame rate of 15 fps in avi format with XVID compression.

So do the math.

- 124 shots x 30 sec = 62 minutes of actual time spent in taking pics.

- 124 shots x 0.30 / 62 / 10 = 0.06. The 10 is to get one more zero after the decimal point.

- 124 x 0.06 = 7.44 sec of video that u can achieve. So to get the best frame rate:

- 124 / 7.44 = 16.6. So the best standard frame rate u get around that value is 15 fps.

Well, am talking about this video: *www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1424526462403

You can download the original 640 x 480 file from here: /media/Dump/20100504113533/timelapse1.avi

Just FYI: These numbers and math are not accurate. I am still process of making it better. You may look into some formulas available for making time-lapse videos available on net.

Sorry for the poor image quality. Since I took it via a tinted window pane and from a phone. I am longing to buy Nikon D5000. Just waiting for the exams to finish next month. Can't wait to get my hands on it and make better time-lapse videos. :mrgreen:

Stuge

Youngling
Cool: excellent take.

Stuge: nicely taken. But its a bit centered. If it would have been cropped from left, How it would have looked? May be better may be not.
pic has been already cropped .people were a bit too far to be added.it was taken at the widest angle that I could go i.e 10mm .

regarding legs -> I know that legs are cropped and not to my liking either ,but I have already replied why it is like that .

Last edited:
OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
@giga
thanks for the reply. I am having hard time find such application for my cam(sony DCS-W210 cybershot). Will keep trying till i get one.

Stuge

Youngling
*lh4.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/S_4uTd4sYYI/AAAAAAAAAwM/AKsya0LnA8s/s800/a.jpg
good INS :) this light show looks cool,but background for such kind picture is soo important ,but most of the time it is neglected .not sure why :|

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4053/4644416880_539f23711a.jpg

nice pic :(:(.Unfortunatly for me its not a mouth watering pic that a food pic should be :(.

note : total food presentation is very much important .unfortunately it was something that you have no hold over it here .I'm not an expert on food photography ,but these are my observations being a student of HM(hotel management ) .usually food photography needs a 50mm lens or a lens with tons of lovely bokeh :D

anway ,I will try to comment on other pictures that you guys have posted here .of course when I get time .not sure you guys will like me to critique every picture posted here .Firstly , its not a critique thread ,and secondly ,I hate demotivating people :)

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@Stuge, I have decided to go for Nikon D5000. The Canon 550D is out of my reach. I don't want to wait one more month. Also, I don't like canon models. hehe

Earlier, plan was to buy D3000, but later somehow managed to stretch my budget in short span of time.

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
@stuge the background for my image can't be worse.. it was me with little clothes on :)
Edited it on picasa to darken the background, though lost some color temp in the process.
The final image was joined together as collage in picasa.

Stuge

Youngling
@Stuge, I have decided to go for Nikon D5000. The Canon 550D is out of my reach. I don't want to wait one more month. Also, I don't like canon models. hehe

Earlier, plan was to buy D3000, but later somehow managed to stretch my budget in short span of time.
well there I asked you to get canon because lenses from canon are cheaper .I have Nikon D90 .anyway ,you can't wrong much with either of them .

@stuge the background for my image can't be worse.. it was me with little clothes on :)
I wasn't really pointed out your image with no background .I was just expressing myself in general way :)

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4008/4650201638_dd6b02e82d_m.jpg *farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/4649585445_1893eb415d_m.jpg

Shot with Sony Ericsson C510

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@stuge - Actually I like someone pointing out my mistakes. Good or Nice comments don't mean much to me as they give me nothing to progress. Regarding bokeh in such pics, you're right. Often the interesting parts of food are captured from close range while throwing out the background out of focus. Being in an hotel & shooting under ambient light I was not in a position to do much. Further as you know, not being a DSLR owner 50mm prime lens is out of question. Go on criticise my pics. You got the license from me itself :)

@gigacore - Nice macros. Go ahead with D5000. Some say its performance is similar to D90.

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4649483275_60e9938714_m.jpg

Took with Sony DSC W210. It's grainy, yeah.

Whats the source of light?

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

@giga
the link u gave me (steve's digicam forum) mentions only hardware additions, which are not what i can use.
beside, thanks for the link to the forum, its very informative.

---------- Post added 30-05-2010 at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was 29-05-2010 at 11:53 PM ----------

@sujyop
Happy b'day, manny happy return of the day :)

Stuge

Youngling
@stuge - Actually I like someone pointing out my mistakes. Good or Nice comments don't mean much to me as they give me nothing to progress. Regarding bokeh in such pics, you're right. Often the interesting parts of food are captured from close range while throwing out the background out of focus. Being in an hotel & shooting under ambient light I was not in a position to do much. Further as you know, not being a DSLR owner 50mm prime lens is out of question. Go on criticise my pics. You got the license from me itself :)
my tips are general in nature .I know you don't have slr at the moment ,but in future, when you will have one .it can be helpful for you as well to the members who are reading it :)

^^Thanks for ur wishes:mrgreen:

happy birthday man ..have a blast of time:p
@cool, yea it has the same image sensor as that of one on D90.

if you're sure that one month wait can let you buy 500D or D90 ,then in my opinion you should wait .a bit of patience is always fruitful :)
I hope you have no problems buying from grey market ?

Last edited:
OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
@stuge, what can be the price difference if bought fro grey market?
or if you have any idea, how about getting it from honkong/malyasia/singapore/dubai etc?

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
Was trying something different this time.. Turned out OK..
*lh5.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/TAGj19koh6I/AAAAAAAAAxk/o9hM2QUHlwc/s800/Final.jpg

toofan

Technomancer
@stuge, what can be the price difference if bought fro grey market?
or if you have any idea, how about getting it from honkong/malyasia/singapore/dubai etc?

When I bought it JJmehta was quoting 67000.00 and some other 66000.00 with bill + 2 year warranty.

I bought from grey market at 51500.00 now you can make the difference.

After 2 months its prices are dropped heavely. with bill its about 56000.00 and without bill may be around 46000.00

This is about D90.

Top Bottom