The Photography Thread

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
thanks everyone ...BTW..the guitar pic does not have any editing on it ....used a 15 sec exposure and then drew the outline and strings with an led....

@ INS-ANI: you're right it does look better with a flat black background ...will try that out...thanks

chitvan

Journeyman
@Vimal:
hmm i m thinking to buy 500D...

my recently captured snaps....tried to capture motion...

*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAGq1g-syf1h5ZI8h6r3O8JqifSoabP4BrM4rRLTtAOwFwEJnLL-GINB_AyJTXdDiV4abBhkma9DCgtd4n5uSNl0Am1T1UHFg6yZzK34iw50BXpah-3uzbP9q.jpg
_________
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAKHql71n6956TTj-aR8-RIS-slArh3-JIxY4KvvDqC5KQE0pVWvjgt9XXsahtAv7D3Ft9gQZsWkHF1Ne_8T3B5wAm1T1UBHmziDotpWCEjqLmW7eFRA1y098.jpg
_________
*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAF3NJPsSPhewM11bu-rCc-DtrjIE0XdAFmoxOZXdhLHysiWhB4Ryf6lAylSxJW3hPCYK1j3j39B0m5USVZpRlhYAm1T1UHPTGKKcLO0zKrwBGzzwd51rY5bd.jpg
_________
*lh5.ggpht.com/_plWxfLOoFkI/S_0v7QLqr0I/AAAAAAAACCs/ZkSCA1p9fhU/IMG_1425.JPG
_________

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAHz78t8tp41RiQzY89b0hqn6_3wXirZYvEvdTximP5Izb9IddCnnPtUt4XOVS_Z54vP9wIE5_8G3k7jb0eXhDlMAm1T1UJ2ioAchHp6bX_40A2yYlBiZPkLc.jpg

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
A little help needed. Do you guys remember there was this 'batteries advertisement' where they made the whole advertisement using LED/torch lights. As in, it was a stop motion clip where they made characters using LED and animated them. Anyone good with that here? I am confused as to how to animate them smoothly? Any tips?

Something like this: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDKncF-uyb8&feature=related

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
hey, i had undertaken a workshop years ago on animation. I can help you out with few basic.. but before that are you sure you can make any desired shape from LED? Thats the only pre-requirement.
If you do.. the process will be something like this:

1) Decide on some script?
2) How long is the running time? say 10 sec
3) Number of frames (images) needed= minimum 15 each second. (The more Frame per sec ie. fps the better us the video. IMO with LED you may require a min of 20 )
4) Draw a rough sketch frame by frame what you want to do.
5) capture the first set of image (say 20), edit them , run them in any video maker, review it and if ok go ahead with rest.

Please do prompt for any other help, it's an interesting project.

Stuge

Youngling
How do you take panoramas? I mean the technical things.
Recommended focal length for most panos is 45m -55mm .shooting panos at 10mm can different effect .Secondly ,try to use tripod if possible (I didn't used any tripod in the above picture )..Regarding picture posted above, I clicked number of pictures from left to right( or you can click as many as pictures you like from top to bottom or left to rigth or mix of both ) ,then use software to combine them .
There is one more aspect in landscape shooting that is Hyperfocal distance (only useful for dslr users )
It is done to achieve maximum sharpness thoughout the image .

you guys can read about it on net (google it ) if you like but its a tricky aspect in landscape photography.

Note: for dslr users : Panoroma is no Substitute for Wide angle lens or wise versa .

@chitvan : you're doing good :)

toofan

Technomancer
chitvan: excellent work. last two are most impressive.

*img594.imageshack.us/img594/5619/dsc0009j.jpg

A simple flower i took this morning.
for a change from such high tech/skilled images.

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
@chirag
about movie maker, just don't use any movie maker. I found cyberlink power director effective for frame by frame editing, i m sure it will be well suited for this.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan - Love these tiny flowers. Nice shot.

While in a hotel yesterday, having yummy kothimbir wadi.

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4053/4644416880_539f23711a.jpg

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
@cool I used my USB mouse. The scroll Wheel has Blue LED and Light sensor below has bright red LED. The blue hue is just reflection from my hand.

Top Bottom