The Official Windows 7 Discussion Thread

Desperado

Broken In
:lol:
Win 7 of course. What did you think? :p
anyway I can use any of the keys posted here? (My download is 90% done)

Well it was a lil unbelievable for me that you havent got the keys... after Microsoft made the keys so neatly available for a change. Well well, whatever works for you.

Enjoy the new windows... dont forget the power saving settings.

Well it was a lil unbelievable for me that you havent got the keys... after Microsoft made the keys so neatly available for a change. Well well, whatever works for you.

Enjoy the new windows... dont forget the power saving settings.
I kept refreshing till I received the news that the 2.5 M user limit is up :|
I guess I lost out.

yes, you can use keys posted here. refer here for more keys.
*www.techhunt.org/windows7/Beta/News/Windows-7-Genuine-Key-and-Direct-Download-Link

If none works, let me know.... I will give you key.

Desperado

Broken In
Some observations:
Miss the quick launch.
Miss the easy repair of network connections... replaced by diagnostics which now takes more than a min or two to resolve issues.
The annoying UAC.
IF UAC is turned off... you cannot use desktop gadgets.
Impressive task manager.
Power saving options are good. (If you are a night downloader, configure your hard disk to Never sleep :))
Sometimes unable to delete certain files/folders even as an admin.

I am an xp user so it took me a while to get on with window 7... but a vista user may find this version a blessing in disguise. windows 7 is both stylish and efficient. nuff said.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Some observations:
Miss the quick launch.
Miss the easy repair of network connections... replaced by diagnostics which now takes more than a min or two to resolve issues.
The annoying UAC.
IF UAC is turned off... you cannot use desktop gadgets.
Impressive task manager.
Power saving options are good. (If you are a night downloader, configure your hard disk to Never sleep :))
Sometimes unable to delete certain files/folders even as an admin.

I am an xp user so it took me a while to get on with window 7... but a vista user may find this version a blessing in disguise. windows 7 is both stylish and efficient. nuff said.

to repair, do this

type "cmd" in the search bar (start menu). press SHIFT + CTRL + Enter.

You will be in administrative command line mode. do

1) ipconfig /release
2) ipconfig /renew.

UAC is one of the many reasons why Vista is more secure when compared to XP. You can set UAC to different levels. I always keep it at max as I download lot of stuff from torrents and I don't want to have spyware on my PC.

Desperado

Broken In
Thanks desibond
i know this. i am just saying i miss the easy repair option. it was as easy as a right-click.

talk about being lazy :)

x3060

A LOTR fan
i am still to download and install...well,i guess i will wait till a stable driver from ati gets released.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^????

what do you mean by stable driver for ATI.

am running it on HD2600XT and there are no video issues.

Dark Core

Freak Beta 1
Guys Pls help me out of this stuff!
I got Windows 7 DVD from my friend, he got it from the biggest pirate shop in our place :) . That DVD Contained Windows 7 Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate (All in one) but I think (I may be wrong, correct me if am) Microsoft have released only Ultimate for Beta version. I think the DVD I got is a total crap but all the features I see and the screenshots I have gone through in the forum is present and the system properties shows its Windows 7. So pls say if I am using Windows 7 or some cracked and themed version of Vista

Cool4Shalabh

CEH, SCJP, C++
Hey Guys Pls Help Me Out. I Have An Intel 945G Mobo With Inbuilt Soundcard (SoundMAX Integerated Digital Audio). The Problem Is That Device Manager And Windows Update Say My Sound driver Is Up To Date But I M Not Able To Play Anything On Any Player (Including VLC And KM Player). When I Try To Play Any Media File On WMP 12, It Gives An Error Saying WMP 12 Cannot Play The File. I Checked Microsoft Web Help Also Which Shows That I Donot Have Up To date Sound Drivers. Plz Help Me Out As I'm Not Able 2 Play Any Media On Win 7.

Cool4Shalabh

CEH, SCJP, C++
I Tried Every Driver On Net In Every Compatibility Mode ....... Nothing Seems To Work ...... I've Also Sent The Feedback To Microsoft

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hmm. try to delete the driver completely and then try to install the new drivers using the manufacturer's driver installation utility.

Desperado

Broken In
Guys Pls help me out of this stuff!
I got Windows 7 DVD from my friend, he got it from the biggest pirate shop in our place :) . That DVD Contained Windows 7 Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate (All in one) but I think (I may be wrong, correct me if am) Microsoft have released only Ultimate for Beta version. I think the DVD I got is a total crap but all the features I see and the screenshots I have gone through in the forum is present and the system properties shows its Windows 7. So pls say if I am using Windows 7 or some cracked and themed version of Vista

I think your guess is as good as mine. Microsoft till date has only released the Ultimate version. They are still in the process to decide names and the release dates of other versions.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Microsoft till date has only released the Ultimate version. They are still in the process to decide names and the release dates of other versions.

ahem ahem :D...what? OH! U could be wrong u know

damked

Broken In
I am using Windows 7 Beta build 7000 as my primary and only OS. I have said good bye to XP, Vista and all flavours of Linux.:)
System configuration :
Acer Aspire Laptop 4710Z
Intel Pentium Dual core processor T2310
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
1GB DDR2 (with 5 tabs in firefox, thunderbird and computer management window open, only 69% utilized with all visual enhancements enabled including 4 sidebar gadgets)
I had problems using TATA Indicom Dialer application. So after installing drivers for USB modem, I am signing in through default dialer application.:(
All commonly used applications run flawlessly.
Installed anti-virus Avast 4.8 Home
My Windows Experience Rating Score is 3.1 (Lowest for Graphic Card - As expected). With Vista it used to be 3.0.
I am not much into Gaming so can't provide information on that.

Kedar Damle

channabasanna

In the zone
Hi All,

I just saw that Windows 7 beta is no more available for download, can anyone give me the link to download the beta iso file. I wanna try to install the OS via Sun Virtual Box.

Top Bottom