The Official Windows 7 Discussion Thread

shantanu

Technomancer
*blogs.technet.com/southasiamvp/archive/2009/03/27/webcasts-what-s-new-in-windows-7.aspx

if you guys are interested, Microsoft is hosting a Webcast series on windows 7 .. check the link above..

OK
This may sound stupid.
I accidently disabled the ethernet card on Win 7, (you know, right clicking the LAN icon ->Disable)
Now, I'm not able to find the enable option anywhere. :|
How do I go about? Googling hasnt helped since my drivers are in order.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Try to see the properties of the ethernet card in Device Manager and see if it is disabled. If not, you can delete the ethernet card from the Device Manager and refresh... The ethernet card will be redetected and be enabled by default...

Arun

*b6zjmg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pTggFMzdIvyyrmUWy41uHetfXvjypewyFP7b9lDO_y7VTkJYs_Cm960XCeLt-khE1LfEFn0quQ7mkGU90O7uuVQ/theme-preview.png
doesn't that look like a mac desktop?

anand1

In the zone
All my DivX, Mobile Phone's videos were playing fine but I just installed Vista codac pack in Compatibility mode & now decoding using FFDShow. You don't need it, so don't install it as long as u don't

Either try Windows update or install BlueSoleil 5 in Vista Compatibility Mode.

have you guys noticed that Full screen Windows now have aero enabled.

IE 8's tabs are shown individually in superbar, but firefox's does not. It needs an API support in firefox to do so, waiting for an update.
Its not the problem with new Firefox updates.

rajatgarewal

The Sorcerer
I had installed Vista and Windows 7 on different partitions and then i formatted vista partition and reinstalled 64 bit Vista on it, But now Windows 7 is not coming on boot screen. Only Vista is loading. I tried My Computer>Properties>Advanced System Settings>Advanced>Startup and Recovery>Setings but on the list only Vista is being shown. Please help me :neutral::neutral::neutral:

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
I had installed Vista and Windows 7 on different partitions and then i formatted vista partition and reinstalled 64 bit Vista on it, But now Windows 7 is not coming on boot screen. Only Vista is loading. I tried My Computer>Properties>Advanced System Settings>Advanced>Startup and Recovery>Setings but on the list only Vista is being shown. Please help me :neutral::neutral::neutral:
BOOT with Win7 DVD and choose Repair my computer it will fix the problem
alternatively you can use the easyBCD software to add the line.

Its a late reply, I think you must have fixed the issue by now, I just posted to help incase some1 else face the same problem

Regards

Tech$oft

Guy from Heaven
I have installed windows rc 7100 and it is good , but i have one issue , my broadband doesnt get recognized by the windows , i can't see the internet connected and also can't use it. Also Inserted the modem cd , doesn't install the drivers.

Tech$oft

Guy from Heaven
It is usb connection and I am using hathway.
I am havibg no problem in vista and XP.
So whats the problem ??
I am getting confused.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Guys,
I have Fedora 10 & Ubuntu 9.04 installed on my PC. I would like to install Windows 7.
First I had installed Fedora then Ubuntu & now will be installing Windows. After the install will GRUB be able to detect & boot into all the three OS's?

I fear after installing Windows 7 the other two linux distros won't boot.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^^it usually happens to me too. For this purpose I usually installs Windows first before installing any linux flavors, or sometimes keeps a second hard disk for linux only(connects it only when I need linux)...but now uses my old PC for linux, my present system is only for Window 7 and other entertainment purposes. :)

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
I have installed windows rc 7100 and it is good , but i have one issue , my broadband doesnt get recognized by the windows , i can't see the internet connected and also can't use it. Also Inserted the modem cd , doesn't install the drivers.
What exactly is the problem? are you using lan connector rj45? check wether the netwrk card is detected or not in device manager? .. try the windows update! have you installed any pre-beta driver yes then remove it?

Guys,
I have Fedora 10 & Ubuntu 9.04 installed on my PC. I would like to install Windows 7.
First I had installed Fedora then Ubuntu & now will be installing Windows. After the install will GRUB be able to detect & boot into all the three OS's?

I fear after installing Windows 7 the other two linux distros won't boot.
install the windows 7 .. then use some software to enable the linux option at boot. like <easyBCD> or Vistabootloader.
there is a software gnugrub or something that also do that but i dont use linux.. check at ubuntu-wiki- howto page.
best is use easybcd - freeware very good,

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Install GAG as outlined here *thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96132#23

Download hdhacker and select MBR in that and back up your MBR. It will back it up as a dat file, AND DON'T FORGET WHERE YOU SAVED IT ! If you are unsure, write it to a cd or pendrive too, along with hdhacker.zip

Install Windows 7, noting the partition position (is it the first, second, ... partition).

After the install is over, run hdhacker and browse to the DAT file you saved and restore the MBR. Remember to select MBR in hdhacker before you restore the write the sector.

Now add the new OS as outlined in the GAG tutorial above.

This procedure may be used even for GRUB, except that you'll have to edit the grub bootloader, which requires a little more expertise and patience than GAG.

vamsi360

Always confused
Install GAG as outlined here *thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96132#23

Download hdhacker and select MBR in that and back up your MBR. It will back it up as a dat file, AND DON'T FORGET WHERE YOU SAVED IT ! If you are unsure, write it to a cd or pendrive too, along with hdhacker.zip

Install Windows 7, noting the partition position (is it the first, second, ... partition).

After the install is over, run hdhacker and browse to the DAT file you saved and restore the MBR. Remember to select MBR in hdhacker before you restore the write the sector.

Now add the new OS as outlined in the GAG tutorial above.

This procedure may be used even for GRUB, except that you'll have to edit the grub bootloader, which requires a little more expertise and patience than GAG.

or You can use EasyBCD or VistaBootPro

Tech$oft

Guy from Heaven
Now i have cleared the problem of internet and now i have installed Kaspersky anti-virus and windows telling find an another anti-virus program!!!

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Hey Guys Pls Help Me Out. I Have An Intel 945G Mobo With Inbuilt Soundcard (SoundMAX Integerated Digital Audio). The Problem Is That Device Manager And Windows Update Say My Sound driver Is Up To Date But I M Not Able To Play Anything On Any Player (Including VLC And KM Player). When I Try To Play Any Media File On WMP 12, It Gives An Error Saying WMP 12 Cannot Play The File. I Checked Microsoft Web Help Also Which Shows That I Donot Have Up To date Sound Drivers. Plz Help Me Out As I'm Not Able 2 Play Any Media On Win 7.

Check with a simple wav file. If it plays download and install Klite Mega Codec Pack.

Top Bottom