The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@arya
Before I got my mac, the only thing I knew about was that they were absolute eye candy and that they have a cult following!! So the question of me knowing that macbook doesnt ship with SuperDrive is insanely insane. And more incase you guys forgot I was gifted Macbook!!!

Coming to those MacHead HD videos, I searched in iTunes for MacWorld and I got few results one of them was machead hd videos ( under podcasts ) I clicked it and then there were a number of hd videos each of them explaining a product or a feature of Apple franchise. I downloaded many of them, although most of them are less than 10 mins they are huge in size, after all they are HD videos

HD ads, I got many of them from Brokenstones and a few from apple.com

@darky

Sorry dude, I tried hard to get to chat with apple customer care but I didnt succeed. I logged in to apple.com, under iTunes. I made some searches regarding that iTunes Gift card, that is when I found a small hyperlink of chat, I clicked a small window poped out right out of firefox, soon I was greeted by someone Chris who identified himself as customer care guy.

goobimama

 Macboy
Dude, whats your status on Leopard?

Guys! Check out this new app Scroll X! It's awesome! Makes your mac scroll just like the iPhone! I wonder why no one mentioned it before :D (I hope the dumb people in this forum realise that is sarcasm or whatever)

Works on my iBook, only a little choppy. I guess one needs one of those Dual core systems about...

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
John Gruber: A Mix of the Technical, the Artful, the Thoughtful, and the Absurd

If you read Daring Fireball, this is like manna from Heaven. Even if you don't, it is a good read. :)

Now that I've read it, I don't recommend it if you don't have an interest in writing.

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
OOPS!! sorry guys its not MacHead HD Videos its MacBreak HD Videos!!! Sorry my bad.

Leopard is ready but the thing is I am now backing up. I don't want to upgrade, I wanna clean install

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I'm buying an Apple iPod Shuffle. :D One of my friend is leaving Atlanta on Feb 28th and coming to Chennai.

$49 + $3.92 (tax) = $52.92 (~Rs 2,100)

I'm getting a iTunes, USA store account too. :D

hey did anyone try the keyboard firmware upgrade on Macbook PRo?what are the changes/
I did. It came in my Software updater and I did it.

goobimama

 Macboy
Never update stuff without question. I always wait at least two days to see if there are any major problems caused by the update.

goobimama

 Macboy
Got the tutorial Lynda.com - Lightroom Essentials. Crap. There's nothing in there other than shortcuts! Of course I was wondering what the guy was going to teach cause Lightroom is all about sliders and stuff. Turns out not much one can't figure out on one's own.

I'll check out the Aperture videos. I like Apple's videos, very nice and professionally done.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Do you have a Mac?

Some people were experiencing problems with their keyboard since upgrading to Leopard. The keyboard was skipping letters. This is supposed to fix that.

@getpriyanth,
You're welcome. Enjoy. :)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I'll check out the Aperture videos. I like Apple's videos, very nice and professionally done.
I was planning to get Illustrator and Photoshop tuts from Lynda. :( I liked Apple tuts.

drgrudge any improvements ? what is it for?
Sometimes the keyboard might freeze for a second or so. This happened to my Mac also. If I start pressing "thi.." it would come only as ""hi..". This issue seems to have fixed.

Till no no issues with my MBP after the upgrade.

goobimama

 Macboy
Oh don't worry. Lynda.com has some good tutorials. It's just that there's nothing to learn in Lightroom. What should have been a 20 minute tutorial has been dragged on for...well, there are lots of files in there.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
they will come to india one day :) --i keep pm'ing mark and dan abt coming to india and they said once they have a good fanbase they will :)

Top Bottom