The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Milind, please don't buy the shuffle now. :)

lemme complete - it has the freaking cut feature :D and to be honest that guy has written some really stupid points to make a 50, he says u can play any type of video with vlc, so how does that become a reason for shifting to macs, doesnt windows have vlc
That's fifty reasons for switching, not a comparison to Windows. Before VLC and Perian came to town, Mac OS X could play a very limited set of media formats and that used to be a huge drawback for the "multimedia OS".

Pirillio is pointing it out because it is no longer the case and that's why it is one more reason you can consider switching.

English, my friend. Believe me, it helps. :)

@goobimama, you don't use RSS at all? (Don't say yes, dude – your "geek cred" will take a serious hit.)

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Array boy, I have a sucky connection at home. There's frequent disconnections, many sites don't work so i have to reconnect. RSS is not a solution for me. I would love to use it, but I just can't. I know I could use Google Reader, but I never really got to using it for more than two days.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Dude, please use RSS. For your own good.

Seriously. Once you get used to it, you won't believe that you lived without it once. It's like switching to a Mac from Windows.

goobimama

 Macboy
What do you think is the ideal solution for my RSS needs? Google Reader? Or that Newswire thing? I do have Macuser, TUAW and Engadget in my Safari bookmarks though...

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Posted a Comic Strip: Who Should be Awarded the Next Bharat Ratna?

@goobi -
Try Google Reader, it's fast and you can access on the move... I've tried most of the desktop clients and I finally settled to GReader.

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
If the web interface is what you like, then GReader. Else, NNW FTW :)
You can create your own CSS styles in it. It's amazing.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
What do you think is the ideal solution for my RSS needs? Google Reader? Or that Newswire thing? I do have Macuser, TUAW and Engadget in my Safari bookmarks though...
Google Reader, since you keep shuffling between your office and home.

It has the best interface anyway, plus it is light on your connection. :)

goobimama

 Macboy
Yeah dude. I need something for the workouts and stuff. Gonna get.. uh.WTF! There's a 2GB version out soon!?! (Confused)

If only I had some kind of system where news was delivered to my inbox...:)

Last edited:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
You can download from Apple's site itself (faster than P2P) but save yourself time and leech from Brokenstones. :)

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Yep I do have an account in brokenstone but I guess dr the tut torrents are not golden so leeching might be a problem!!

Please help me to directly go to the url on apple.com for checking the balance of my iTunes gift card. Can I recharge it with indian credit card ?

Okay dr its a free torrent No data counted!! Thanks

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
SmartScroll X brings iPhone scrolling features to your Mac
Posted on Feb. 19, ’08, 2:09 PM PT by David Dahlquist

Are you suffering from iPhone-touchscreen-envy? That primitive MacBook/MacBook Pro touch pad interface got you down? Well the newly-updated Smart Scroll X will get you as close to the iPhone’s scrolling features as possible without having to go out and buy one.

*www.macuser.com/smartscrollx.jpg

The “Super Wheel” beefs up your Mac’s trackpad with an iPhonesque scrolling mechanism that lets you “coast” through pages, just like on the iPhone. You can also control various different trackpad settings with a simple System Preferences pane. Read more...

[Via MacUser]

Super Wheel is just too good a feature to be missed. I highly recommend this application. :)

(It might take a bit getting used to initially. I'm still trying to get adjusted.)

Top Bottom