The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
It's like you swipe your finger and the scrolling continues even though your finger is no longer touching the surface. Kinda like how a bike tyre behaves when you spin it with your hand (of course, the scrolling doesn't run for as long, maybe a second or two till it gradually comes to a halt). All in all, a better way of scrolling, although I'm not sure if on a notebook.

And you haven't used an iPhone?! What's wrong with you!

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Something's wrong with Apple. They didn't release an iPhone in India (even if they did, it's going to be expensive; atleast Rs 30k). Anyway I don't use Trackpad and I always use a Mouse.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, it does.

Anyway I don't use Trackpad and I always use a Mouse.
(a) Something's seriously wrong with you. :p One of the greatest features of Mac notebooks is the trackpad – best in the business; and
(b) Smart Scroll X works with the mouse scroll wheel too (assuming that your mouse has one). :)

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Yes, it does.

In that case, India would need an iTunes store before it gets the iPhone.

----------------------------------------------------------

I'm at the end of my patience here. I've dialing 1800 425 0744 for the past 4 days.. all I hear is beep beep beep beep beep :confused:

And that's the only way you can lodge a complaint and get a case-id :|

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
yesterday I got to chat , you heard it right chat with Apple customer care guy. I didn't knew such a thing ever existed, it was really helpful for me. I clarified my doubts regarding iTunes Gift Card.
Chatting with Apple customer care was like chatting with a pal, I now know that I have a genie around, just need to log on to apple to unleash him...
Great customer support Apple

Dr trust me, trackpad is awesome, use it and you'll never ever need a mouse not even for Photoshop and Aperture thing!!

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
how do I back up things that I've downloaded in iTunes. I mean I've gone crazy and downloaded so much stuff from iTunes like those MacHead HD Videos....
Now that I don't have SuperDrive I'll have to transfer them to Win and then back up. I 've downloaded all the HD guided tours, HD ads, video tuts and I curse Steve for not giving SuperDrive.
I am an NFS gamer not a pro but a fanboy like, I haven't played it since I got over to Mac, now DVD burning is forcing me to go Win....

@darky

Doesn't chatting with Customer care help your cause, as I mentioned above I was greatly helped with that thing

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
how do I back up things that I've downloaded in iTunes. I mean I've gone crazy and downloaded so much stuff from iTunes like those MacHead HD Videos....
Now that I don't have SuperDrive I'll have to transfer them to Win and then back up. I 've downloaded all the HD guided tours, HD ads, video tuts and I curse Steve for not giving SuperDrive.
I am an NFS gamer not a pro but a fanboy like, I haven't played it since I got over to Mac, now DVD burning is forcing me to go Win....
(1) Invest in an external hard drive. They are dirt cheap these days;
(2) You knew it did not have a SuperDrive. You should have taken that into account; and
(3) It does suck that the base model of the MacBook does not ship with a SuperDrive. It should.

How did you download the MacHead HD videos and HD ads from iTunes?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Umm... in case someone didn't get the message loud and clear the last time, I would like to repeat that I highly recommend installing Smart Scroll X. It is just fantastically mind blowing and awesome. It should have been an optional addition to Mac OS X by default. If one of you guys were within physical reach, I would force you to install it. It is that cool. Not the glitzy sort of cool, where you look at it and it has whiz-bang effects that look awesome, but cool in the sense that when you use it on a regular basis, you'll realise that it is much better than the original way to scroll.

I've also asked the developer of Smart Scroll X to add a particular feature. Hopefully, he should do that soon. :)

Also, I would again like to stress to goobimama (and everyone else who hasn't caught the RSS bug) that you have to start using it. There is simply no excuse not to.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
On second thought, that does sound like... it's not sarcasm. I don't know. Must be some figure of speech we don't know the name of.

Is it sarcasm when you're mocking yourself? How can it be?

Top Bottom