The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
DARK LORD said:
Ohh :) You've had that avatar since 'ever'. ANy specific reasons :>
Hmm.. The avatar is since 9 months or or. No particular reason, but I think she got all things I expect from my girl... attitude, looks, character (I hope so!). :D

drgrudge

^^
That won't happen. :D I'm not a fan or something like that.. just that I happen to like some girl like her.

praka123

left this forum longback
carry ur MBP along with u,may be some tech-savvy girls catch you for it :p and ur MBP is pink color i suppose ;)

narangz

Web developer
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

drgrudge said:
Yeah, I'll try and see what happens. But when I tried it the first time, there was issues in another socket. But yet to try the 3 pin in the present one.

He had 2 wires connected to a bulb and tried different permutations and combinations in the socket and came to a conclusion that earthing is not in place.
We checked 3 sockets and only one had earthing. Tried charging MBP in that socket and the "vibrations" were reduced to 75% :rolleyes: But that guy said he didn't feel any vibrations.

So guess it's earthing issue and I'll call some other electrician and get the stuff done.

Just remember some idiots connect neutral wire in earth pin of the socket. If 1 socket has proper earthing then he just needs to connect to that socket & move around that wire in every room & connect all the sockets.

drgrudge

praka123 -
Hehe.... why would anyone want girls like that? I want girls who like me, not for MBP, money or other cool things. :D

narangz -
I'll remember that. Thanks for the suggestion.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
goobimama said:
Well it's not. I still have Tiger on the iBook and tried it out at the Apple store as well. You can't move the bounding box with the spacebar.
Oh. Guess I was wrong then. I do remember moving that selection box when I was on Tiger though... :confused:

praka123

left this forum longback
Re: Here’s a Mac FAQ if You’re Looking to Buy a Computer

^so no azureus?better deluge torrent-it is by far a good alternative for azureus and uses less resources.u need to be using mac ports to have deluge installed.
*forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=401&sid=acc17508a7c7b07ca82869c3bc5f993f

btw ies4osx uses wine emulator+ie6/7 engine.it is in particular useful for website testing.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

goobimama said:
Goobimama? You? Calling me goobimama? I thought you despised that name.
Nope. What gave you that idea, goobimama? :p

goobimama said:
Anyway, I have yet to even install crossover on my mac.
Dude, I wrote a huge tutorial for you and you did not even use it. :(

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

goobimama said:
As for torrenting on Macs, I find Transmission to be more than capable for my needs.
I don't think so. That ratio on TorrentLeech and HDBits does not maintain itself, you know. :p

goobimama

 Macboy

Array baba. I don't have proper internet at home. What's the point of installing all these things if I only have to get a song or two once in a way? :angry smiley:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

theres a mac version of azureus ;)

goobimama

 Macboy
*myskitch.com/spawn_dooley/lovethisthread-20071118-001659.jpg

Btw, check out this extensive list of free mac softwares. A recommended go-through.

Top Best 55 Mac OS X Free And Opensource Software

Many designers use Macintosh for working. Its software tends to be very visually attractive and usable, but it's not easy to find free software for Mac.
Although some of the freeware that was mentioned in the previous list (that are in my Resources section) can be also run in Mac, there was the need to do a list just for it.

After this, 55 top best freeware for Macintosh:
*www.emmaalvarez.com/2007/11/top-best-55-mac-os-x-free-and.html

I'm having this issue with Finder+Coverflow+Keynote. I remember in the keynote you could flip through keynote slides just as flipping through PDF pages. I don't get those arrows. Just wanted to check if it's a bug on my end.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I can do that. No problems.

I have a problem with QuickTime Player. While playing a movie in QuickTime Player in full screen, the Dock suddenly pops out of the bottom if it is not configured to auto-hide. I then have to hide it manually and restore it when I'm done with the movie.

It is very frustrating when you're watching the movie from a distance and you have to fix it twenty minutes into the movie. Anyone else having this problem?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
guys is there a way by which itunes automatically updates its library when new songs are added to a folder on tiger

1 more thing now that i finally found a way to hide all drives from the desktop is there a way to bring the my os x my computer equivalent on the desktop ... to be more precise see the screenshot below ...

is it possible to bring the The Devil'z Adv0cate link in the left sidebar on the top (The 1 highlighted) - to the desktop :?:

*img98.imageshack.us/img98/8052/screenshot01rv7.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom