The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
@praka: Yes, they seem to have fixed that bug in this.

@goobi: My dealer said that he'll be getting an upgrade disk that will upgrade my Tiger to Leopard. I'm just wondering if all my apps / settings / plugins will remain intact ?

goobimama

 Macboy
Yep. All the apps, settings, emails, addresses, stuff remains intact. But I'd advice you to backup before you do any of this...

I forgot that the ones who pay $10 for the upgrade disc can only upgrade and not clean install. Kind of sucks in case you need to reinstall Leopard at a later date...

goobimama

 Macboy
Btw, I'd also suggest you download the welcome video from some torrent site and watch it before using Leopard. It's not technical or anything, just a nice animation which you miss out on while upgrading. You might remember the Welcome video when you first started Tiger... All this if you are one of 'those' types. If you are a normal computer user then it should not matter...

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Is that the one with "Welcome" in all different languages ?

LOL @ Take a looksie at this *www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJCnzBs4XDs

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Actually :)

I've been keeping up with the folks at tuaw ;) I really like the soundtrack of the intro.

( I think drgrudge's name should be added to the first post :) )

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Nope. I'm on dialup trying to download the .1 update...

Maybe I'm a little stupid, but here's the intro video for those who missed it or want to watch it again:

Copy this address and paste it into the Finder menu > Go > Go to Folder:
Code:
/System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/Resources/TransitionSection.bundle/Contents/Resources
There's two files in there, one for video, one for audio. Merge them together using Quicktime or something and it's done!

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ you downloading the 35+MB one or the 110MB? he he cant immagine when 110 will get downloaded on dialup :p

sakumar79

Technomancer
Goobi, is the InstantSnapback feature similar to the FastForward and Rewind buttons in Opera? Also, does Safari have 1. ability to "Paste and Go" with one shortcut (not Ctrl+V to paste and then enter to go, instead Ctrl+Shift+V to paste and go) and 2. ability to modify shortcut keys to our requirements?

Arun

goobimama

 Macboy
Well it is 110MB on the site, but if one uses the software update feature, the size varies. I got 39MB.

Btw, installed it. Not sure what to do now. Seems the same to me
EDIT: Ah. The network bug is still there it seems. Where sometimes Network PCs don't pop up in the "shared" menu of the Finder sidebar. Got to remove the LAN cable and plug it back in for that to happen although I connect directly using the IP...

@sakumar: I haven't used Opera so...
1) Not sure what this feature is.
2) On the mac you can change ANY shortcut for ANY application so... But on the PC I guess one has to use the default ones (which are more windows-like in the latest update)

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
I upgraded to Leopard today :) Took around 35 minutes.

I notice one problem though, with iChat. When I apply the backdrop effects, it tells me to move out of the frame and it detects the background. Then when I reenter, iChat crashes. Any idea why ?

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Nah, I'm actually wearing a printed mask. I printed out this image
*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/caff14f6eb.jpg
And am wearing that.

Top Bottom