The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
2) Even I've tried to make an alias of the mother-of-all in the hierarchy (for use in Frontrow) but I don't think one can create an alias of that.

I'm not sure is this is there since Tiger, but when I minimised my iChat window, I found that the user-picture is shown in the dock. Nice touch.

Is it me or has ink improved in Leopard? Cause I'm finding it much easier to write using my tablet. For instance, I wrote all this by hand with my crappy handwriting and no typos.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
goobimama said:
For instance, I wrote all this by hand with my crappy handwriting and no typos.
in other words good hand writing = typos :D - another boo boo by leopard :lol:

goobimama

 Macboy
I guess. Well I'm not complaining.

Again, is it just me or has speech recognition improved as well? It's recognising my accent quite well. I've set up a lot of stuff to be speakable. Seems to work pretty well.

ooh. There's so many ways to navigate through my mac. I'm spoilt with choices...

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
goobimama said:
Nope. But then again, I don't watch movies using Quicklook so I can't really say.
:confused:

Where did Quick Look come in? No one would watch whole movies using Quick Look. I was talking about QuickTime Player, mate. You gotta start paying some attention here. :p

iMav said:
*img98.imageshack.us/img98/8052/screenshot01rv7.jpg
For a guy who claims to not like the Mac OS, you spend an awful lot of time customising it. :rolleyes:

goobimama said:
I'm not sure is this is there since Tiger, but when I minimised my iChat window, I found that the user-picture is shown in the dock. Nice touch.
This time I'm sure. It was there in Tiger too. :D

goobimama

 Macboy
Oh right. My brother keeps watching stuff with quicklook so I got confused. Anyway, I don't have that problem you mentioned with quicktime.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
aryayush said:
For a guy who claims to not like the Mac OS, you spend an awful lot of time customising it.
done it redone it undone it and redone it ... and tried a lot of themes and tweaks etc ;) i am not claiming to not like it just for the sake of it but i have tried to an extenet and hence at times said well actually alwys said thats its not good enough ;)

now any solution to my previously mentioned problems please :p

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
iMav said:
done it redone it undone it and redone it ... and tried a lot of themes and tweaks etc ;) i am not claiming to not like it just for the sake of it but i have tried to an extenet and hence at times said well actually alwys said thats its not good enough ;)
Blah blah blah. Quit the pretense already. :rolleyes:

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! You've got some great grammar there.

One tiny note about Alex, the new synthesised English voice in Leopard - the guy even breathes. I'm not kidding you. It still has some kinks that need to be ironed out but the guy is extremely close to being realistic. :D

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
I have a text file in one of my stacks. Inside there are couple of sentences like "Done? Now get the **** out of here!"... I play them sometimes when stupidoes annoy me...

Btw, I have two brothers. (no sisters, in case anyone was getting any ideas)

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
There's nothing wow about it. Just two greasy brothers. And anyway, no one gets to touch my mac other than it's remote. And I said no sisters. Stop digging around...

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Ha! Ha! OK.

(BTW, the short form for "it is" is "it's". In the sentence above, you'd have to use "its", without the apostrophe. :p)

Have you seen the rumours of the tablet Mac? Even Gruber seems to think that they might be true. Would you guys buy (or be interested in) one if they were and it was launched this January?

goobimama

 Macboy
Well if it has a multi-touch display, then of course. But if it is anything like the current tablet PC then I dont think so. And of course, if budget permits.

Btw, did you try out the iChat Matte thing that was posted on TUAW? Those Aqua bubbles look so out of place now with the flat iTunesy toolbar et al.

Btw, that it'sy thing. I always get confused. I understand now but I don't think I'll carry it through for more than the next five minutes. Be prepared to correct me again.

____

Remember we had that discussion about photoshop creating it's own thumbnails and such? Well here's something that'll remove the thumbnails from the icons so OS X can render them...
*www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/17460

Last edited:

yash

I draw every day
hehe, funny you'd bring up tablet pcs... remember we tried out whether pressure sensitivity worked in remote desktop? Thus, I would rather prefer buying a cintiq.

Top Bottom