The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

Will it run Mac OS X? (It's old news, BTW.)

DARK LORD said:
You are a HEROES fan ?
I haven't decided that yet. I'm only on the fourth episode right now. :)

goobimama said:
Is that a duplicate>blur>blend mode change to lighten?
WTF, man! Yeah, it is pretty much that. I can't believe you figured that out. Is it so obvious? Is it not looking good? :(

yash

I draw every day

well, now with the hacking, in 3 easy steps, u can install leopard on intel/amd machines.

but that one is much better than this design, which was only .6 inch thick!
*www.icube.us/Products/sharpmm20.htm

goobimama

 Macboy

Yeah it's pretty obvious, though only cause it's a nice effect. I use it quite often (especially with another blurred layer set to Overlay)

yash

I draw every day

yeah, that's because so far, no other hardware matches the quality of the apple hardware. but if that intel laptop comes out in the market... this statement will no longer be true.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

You don't know what it's quality will be like. You only know the specs and even today, many laptops do exist with specs better than Apple's MacBook Pro line.

And BTW, Mac OS X runs well on Macs not just because of the quality of the hardware, but the integration of both hardware and software under the same roof as well. Can't have that with the Intel thing no matter how cool it is.

I cannot imagine using a computer without Mac OS X.

goobimama said:
Yeah it's pretty obvious, though only cause it's a nice effect. I use it quite often (especially with another blurred layer set to Overlay)
Oh. OK.

I tried that but it became too vibrant. :)

yash

I draw every day

well, yeah. I don't know what the quality of the production model will be like. but the prototype, that's featured on the page, is top notch! look at the keyboard, the glossy screen... the glass on which extends to the edges! how slick is that? the little speakers, the trackpad and buttons, and the lack of physical ports, (except one usb and audio/headphone/mic jack... I think...)

okay, I have a problem. I edited my scanned sketches in photoshop, and saved them back in the same folder with the unedited ones, but now, in coverflow, the ones edited in photoshop have a pixelated and lower res preview than the original ones. but spacebar-ing to quicklook works fine. how do I fix this?

*img511.imageshack.us/img511/8476/picture1uk3.th.png

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac

I have taken note of the suggestions of goobimama with regards to the internet with the wireless router and that tag line beneath the user id ( I still dont know if you see that apple now beneath my name).
I have sent a pm to aryayush regarding the piracy thing !!!

Hollywood movies are also something that I can't live without so how can I not comment on the movie discussion thats going on here

I have watched 300 and I thought when one judges such movies( I mean those that deal with history), one should look beyond that stunning SFX. I thought that movies was all about glorifying Spartians and demonizing the Persians. History should be told without bias. In one sentence 300 is a brutal anal rape of history!!!

Transformers : I am getting its DVD in 2 days and I'll comment once I watch it on my Mac

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

yash said:
okay, I have a problem. I edited my scanned sketches in photoshop, and saved them back in the same folder with the unedited ones, but now, in coverflow, the ones edited in photoshop have a pixelated and lower res preview than the original ones. but spacebar-ing to quicklook works fine. how do I fix this?
As you probably know, Photoshop CS3 attaches an icon to every file you save through it. The icon, of course, is quite low resolution. When you view the file in Cover Flow, it shows the icons for files that have custom icons and therefore, you get the pixelated preview. The 64x64 icon gets blown up.

A temporary solution is to manually delete the icons from the edited files. I'm sure you know how to do that? :)

Maybe Adobe will soon come up with a fix for this.

jamesbond007 said:
I still dont know if you see that apple now beneath my name
I don't. It's a question mark. For getting the Apple logo there, press ⇧⌥K. Just like this:
:D

jamesbond007 said:
I have sent a pm to aryayush regarding the piracy thing !!!
And I have replied, in case anyone's interested to know. :p

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

I have watched 300 and I thought when one judges such movies( I mean those that deal with history), one should look beyond that stunning SFX.
You are absolutely wrong there dude. When judging such movies as 300, where special effects is everything, it's hard to leave that out of the verdict! I loved 300 cause of the way it looked, sounded and the fight sequences. I realise that the Persians were portrayed in a negative way, but this is not a movie about history. Movies like Alexander can be judged by their historical accuracy, but not 300. It is after all based on a graphic novel, and not on history.

As for the pixelation, yep. Even I get that problem, if someone comes up with a fix, be sure to let this forum know...

goobimama

 Macboy

And as for that conceptual laptop that Intel is putting out, haven't we seen enough of those already? Let it see the light of day and then we'll talk. Transparent screens, 200 hour battery life, built-in George Michael tunes, an FM transmitter. It's all been said before, but none of those have come to life as yet. The macbook pro still remains the sexiest laptop out there. When this sees the light of day, I'm sure Apple will have something up it's sleeve...

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

On a completely unrelated note, even after having used it extensively for fourteen months, I still cannot get over the fact that this thing is so ridiculously slim. When the lid is shut and that sleep light is pulsing, it looks so zen. It's beautiful. :D

yash

I draw every day

I have problem with the laptop body not being sturdy enough for its own weight. when I'm handling the laptop with one hand while holding one corner of the base, I can hear it creaking and moaning in pain....(my hand too)

and I finally got the chance to utilize time machine, and it screwed me over.
I installed the adium beta, but the first time I started it, it hanged.the spinning beachball of doom. so I decided to roll it back to the old version. opened the applications folder, invoke time machine, bring back the old adium, and start it. And it tells me I should probably install growl... but growl has been installed all along, and working with all the other applications, just not working with adium anymore. ****!

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall

jamesbond007 said:
I have watched 300 and I thought when one judges such movies( I mean those that deal with history), one should look beyond that stunning SFX. I thought that movies was all about glorifying Spartians and demonizing the Persians. History should be told without bias. In one sentence 300 is a brutal anal rape of history!!!
I know nothing about the History behind 300. I don't care as well. If it's history that you care about, you should have seen the History Channel's feature on 300.

The movie was amazing, and I found it inspiring. Have you seen stunts like that before? Also I like Sin City-Tarantino-Frank Miller type of movies. So maybe the bias.

You should to have it in Cinemas. I saw the movie, in Grand Cinemas, Dubai. With special effects and chicks from Virgin Megastore. :cool: Loved every second of 300.

But then, to each one, his own. Transformers is also cool, but IMO I liked 300 better.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
goobimama said:
I read that as I'm NOT sure how... and here I was thinking that I found a solution to the biggest problem on Leopard...
What? You don't know how to delete an icon from a file? I can't believe that. :eek:

Actually, I think I'm having a problem interpreting that post. Could you please be a tad more clear?

yash said:
I have problem with the laptop body not being sturdy enough for its own weight. when I'm handling the laptop with one hand while holding one corner of the base, I can hear it creaking and moaning in pain....(my hand too)
Yeah, I have this same problem. I called AppleCare and they told me it is quite normal and it won't affect the notebook, even if it seems so. Gotta trust them, I suppose.

yash said:
and I finally got the chance to utilize time machine, and it screwed me over.
I installed the adium beta, but the first time I started it, it hanged.the spinning beachball of doom. so I decided to roll it back to the old version. opened the applications folder, invoke time machine, bring back the old adium, and start it. And it tells me I should probably install growl... but growl has been installed all along, and working with all the other applications, just not working with adium anymore. ****!
Open the Growl preference pane in System Preferences and remove Adium from the list of supported applications. Then add it again. That should fix it. If it doesn't, try reinstalling Growl. :)

drgrudge said:
Title changed as per aryayush request.
Thank you! :)

yash

I draw every day
when I try to open growl prefpane, even preferences stops responding. I guess I just need to be more patient...

but how do i add adium... the applications tab only has remove button.

Top Bottom