The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

yash

I draw every day
DARK LORD said:
If I'm not wrong, FCS Studio 1 is the whole suite, while FCP 5.0 is the video editing app, right ?

Can I install and run FCP 5.0 only ? I don't want the other stuff :|

ahem... FCS. that's final cut studio. not "FCS studio.."

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
goobimama said:
FCS studio 1
:lol:

Do you guys know that it is very easy to change the colour of the Leopard Dock to any hue you want?

Currently, mine is set to the purple shade that is prominent in the default wallpaper and coupled with it, it looks cool.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Kya yaar itni choti si baat pe mera sirr tod rahe ho?

actually make that "galaa phaad rahe ho"

Problem: I have a couple of iTunes tracks which I need to 'share' with others. What is the best way to get rid of the DRM other than burning an Audio CD?

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
goobimama said:
Problem: I have a couple of iTunes tracks which I need to 'share' with others. What is the best way to get rid of the DRM other than burning an Audio CD?
Open it with QuickTime Player and export it to WAV. Import it in iTunes and convert to MP3 or AAC. :)

OK, guys. Can you please tell me frankly whether the Dock in the following picture is looking like crap or not?

*img219.imageshack.us/img219/8067/timebyaayusharyaac0.th.png

Be frank. If it is crap, please say so. :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I tried to convert it to AAC with iTunes and it said we cannot convert protected files :p and I dont have Quicktime pro :(

BTW I had posted a tut on how to take back up of purchased music here

yash

I draw every day
aryayush said:
Open it with QuickTime Player and export it to WAV. Import it in iTunes and convert to MP3 or AAC. :)

OK, guys. Can you please tell me frankly whether the Dock in the following picture is looking like crap or not?

its neat. I don't mind it. not very original on your part tho. but I haven't delved into that subject myself so I don't know how much of an effort(or not) doing this is. so I am not in a very good position to judge it.

yash

I draw every day
hey, why can't you(or how can you) mod a regular dock... i mean the one that's on the side? because i've been using the dock on the side lately.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
aryayush said:

Not good :)

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Looks OK to me !

Also, someone please tell me how do I schedule my router to reboot.

I basically can do it over telnet, so a shell script that can be scheduled or something like that :|

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
DARK LORD said:
someone please tell me how do I schedule my router to reboot.
|

Oh boy even I need this one!!!

Also I plan to keep my Mac ON during nights for downloads, which requires me to keep it charging. So is there any chances of battery getting overcharged and getting damaged say after some time. Or does the Mac battery has any circuit which prevents the battery from getting overcharged??
In short can I keep my Macbook charging continuously for 12 hours ???

How can I use iSight Web Camera to record videos ??

I feel it is insane on Apple Inc's part to not include a DVD-RW in MacBook, I mean a 30 lappy will carry a DVD Burner than why not Mac ?? So I am looking to upgrade my Combo drive to DVD Burner and also add 1 Gb ram in addition to 1gb already available . So how to go about this not to forget that I got my Mac from US, and I want to get it done with Apple guys!! Any apple stores available in HYD or anyother part of India ???

Still looking if someone could help me get Windows drivers for Airport Extreme Wireless card

goobimama

 Macboy
No problems with keeping your laptop plugged in all the time.

To record videos using iSight, you can use Quicktime Pro, iMovie, or PhotoBooth (only in Leopard).

As for your DVD writer problem, yes, it is a major one. However, if you get a DVD writer from apple 'officially', the price is somewhere 12k which is totally not worth it (makes you appreciate Applecare Protection Plan). You can ebay for some third party DVD writers that fit in a macbook.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
@Milind, yash, superczar
Help me out with this.

See these pictures:

*img228.imageshack.us/img228/9800/aayushinfokg1.png*img129.imageshack.us/img129/6848/multipleiteminforj3.png

My Mac should have around 30GB free, but it is showing only 1.55GB of free space. This is so infuriating. I have to go to Siliguri tomorrow and I was thinking of carrying Smallville along with me but due to this, I cannot. :(

Please help me out urgently!

@yash and kalpik,
Thanks for the feedback! :)

@yash
It is extremely easy to modify the new 3D Dock. I wasn't asking for a judgement of how skillful my work was. I wanted to know whether it looked any good. :)

goobimama

 Macboy
Do that terminal print-file-list thingie (don't know the exact command). That's what I saw in a thread with a similar situation where space was suddenly used up...

Top Bottom