The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

^^
Hehe... I was confusing the old iPhone (4 GB) and the new one. In this gap, the iPod Touch's 8 & 16 GB also came. :D

jamesbond007

 MacManiac

guys I read answers to your queries but unfortunately I have a very important work in HYD and I need to go now and I ll return after a day and then I ll give my reply . BTW I also got a wireless router to be precise Super G Wireless Broadband router Model #AR430W ...... well see I got every thing ready for my Mac adventure!!!
This is my thread Boy I'm lovin' it

I love Anna Kournikova

I love MacBook

See you after a day

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

See you too. :)

jamesbond007 said:
BTW I also got a wireless router to be precise Super G Wireless Broadband router Model #AR430W ...... well see I got every thing ready for my Mac adventure!!!
LOL! I cannot believe the similarity. :p

DARK LORD said:
Do you know any good FREE desktop blogging tool for Wordpress ?
I just noticed your emphasis on the word "free" today so I felt inclined to comment. Quality free software for Mac OS X is very rare. It pains me to admit it, but it is the truth. You have to pay for even the tiniest of applications on Mac OS X. When it comes to paid applications, software for Mac OS X completely and absolutely humbles the third party applications for any other operating system. Generally, the best application for Mac OS X in any category is the best among all similar applications on all operating systems (case in point would be Delicious Library) but you have to pay for them. Quality comes at a price.

There is some quality freeware on the Mac too (QuickSilver, Transmission, etc.) and Apple bundles a lot of quality applications with Mac OS X by default but generally, the quality of freeware is not too good and they are few and far between.

Feel free to disagree, guys. I would love to be proven wrong about this one. :)

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus

Hey Aryayush,

Thanks for the comments. But the emphasis on the word "free" was for a reason. I'm forced to use to blogging too because Safari, for some weird reason, doesn't add any formatting to the text in Wordpress's editor.
Anyhow, I've settled for ScribeFire in Firefox. No worries :).
And I _do_ agree with what you said.

One more thing, I had a tendency to log off from the user account when I was on XP. WinKey+L and I'd rush off. Something similar here ?
Also, when I log off, it displays the keyboard detection window. Why's that.

Thanks for the list of Mac Users :). May be you should also list what other Apple devices one owns.

EDIT:
Go watch Transformers. I've never seen a movie cooler. I was at the edge of my seat. Specially when the autobots reach earth and become cars.

300 was something totally different. You _have_ to see it on the BIG screen.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

DARK LORD said:
One more thing, I had a tendency to log off from the user account when I was on XP. WinKey+L and I'd rush off. Something similar here ?
Yes, you have three options:

1. In the 'Dashboard & Exposé' preference pane in System Preferences, set one of the screen corners to activate the screen saver. Now, when you drag your mouse to that corner of the screen and leave it idle for a second or two, the screen saver will kick in and lock your screen;

2. Launch Keychain Access from /Applications and enable "Show Status in Menu Bar" from its preferences. A tiny lock will appear in the menu bar. Just click on it and select 'Lock Screen'; or

3. Go to the Accounts preference pane in System Preferences and "Enable fast user switching" from the 'Login Options'. Now, just click on your name in the menu bar and click on 'Login Window...' to lock the screen.

Choose wisely. :p

DARK LORD said:
Also, when I log off, it displays the keyboard detection window. Why's that.
What's a "keyboard detection window"? :confused:

DARK LORD said:
Thanks for the list of Mac Users :). May be you should also list what other Apple devices one owns.
This thread is about Mac OS X, so I guess that is not required. (Plus, I don't own any. :p)

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus

Keyboard detection window is that think where it tells you to press the key to the right of of your left shift key and then the key to the left of the right shift key.

I get that everytime when I Log off.

goobimama

 Macboy

think where it tells you to press the key to the right of of your left shift key and then the key to the left of the right shift key.
This sentence should feature in the mind-bender column of Outlook magazine...!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

DARK LORD said:
Keyboard detection window is that think where it tells you to press the key to the right of of your left shift key and then the key to the left of the right shift key.

I get that everytime when I Log off.
The 'Z' and '?' keys? I've never even seen this thing. Can we see a picture or something?

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus

Its the "Keyboard Setup Assistant"

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2207/1846722234_bfd6a00d9d.jpg?v=0

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

OK, Go to /System/Library/CoreServices and rename KeyboardSetupAssistant.app to anything else.

Try logging out now and tell me whether it worked. :)

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus

Yayy ! It worked. Thanks.

Although you must not be having an idea _why_ it used to pop up, do you ?

goobimama

 Macboy

Hmm.. This boy is using a PC keyboard. If that doesn't work, there should be another way to sort of 'register' the keyboard in...

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Who cares, really! Kaam nikaalo, aage bhado. :p

yash

I draw every day

I didn't like 300. We all already knew what's gonna happen in the end, the sfx team went overboard with the particle effects, and the compositing is really 'fake' looking in a lot of scenes. mindless violence, and oh! don't get me started on the 'persian palace tent thing' scene or else aayush will puke. LOL

get the high def version of transformers on torrent or rapidshare.

Its NOT impossible to compete with apple, people don't try hard enough, or don't do the RIGHT thing. like it was said about all the other mp3 players... "they are designing them in a dimension/age where the ipod doesn't exist."

goobimama

 Macboy

I've got the iLL release + 1.5mbps soundtrack ready and waiting. Soundcard arrives on Monday!

Of course nothing is impossible. But with the way things are, it seems to be impossible to compete with Apple.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

When it comes to computers, it is impossible. To compete with Apple, the competitors need to either come up with a completely new and better operating system or Microsoft really needs to up its game. Both of which are absolute impossibilities right now. Then there is Linux, but we all know that the Penguin just doesn't play nice. :)

goobimama said:
I've got the iLL release + 1.5mbps soundtrack ready and waiting. Soundcard arrives on Monday!
Is that the answer to the Transformers question posted five Sundays ago! :p

OK, I just have to show this to you guys. I am no Photoshop guru but I did some pretty amazing stuff with it today.

This is the small thumbnail available for the artwork of TV Shows in the iTunes Store:

*img149.imageshack.us/img149/5129/heroesonitunesjv5.png

I took that tiny little thing and turned it into this:

*img217.imageshack.us/img217/435/heroesartworkiu2.png

Try doing this in Photoshop and you'll see what I mean, if you don't already. Pretty neat, huh? :D

(Sorry for going offtopic! :p)

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

Is that a duplicate>blur>blend mode change to lighten?

yash

I draw every day

I would give up my macbook pro for this laptop anytime!
*gizmodo.com/gadgets/notebook-super...est-laptop-almost-skinny-as-a-razr-263359.php
It'll have always-on connectivity, using all Intel chips, of course, to connect via Wi-Fi, EV-DO and WiMax. It'll also have a flash memory hard drive, with an expected battery life of 14 hours.

Top Bottom