The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

I don't want a desktop
You mean you don't need a desktop. And it's the same way with me and the Macbook Pro. I don't need one, but I'll probably get one by next year (50% off sounds pretty amazing! :) )

But Apple I must say is a really fun company to love. Take for example this Virus thing, or the BSOD's on Windows networked PCs in Leopard. It's fun to be a macboy...

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

LOL! I know what you are talking about. That's exactly what I think (most times anyway).

It's not fun being a Mac fanatic ('Macboy' is a tacky term) when they make really bone-headed decisions like they are doing with the iPhone but overall, it is a great experience.

goobimama said:
And it's the same way with me and the Macbook Pro. I don't need one, but I'll probably get one by next year
By then, they'll most probably have a very sexy ultra-portable out and I'm sure you'll opt for that instead then.

Speaking of fun things related to Apple, do you watch Diggnation? Please don't say no! (And props to Yash for bringing my attention to it. Thank you, mate! :))

goobimama

 Macboy

No I don't know about diggnation though I will try it out now that you mention it.

Now either gx has shopped the screenshot, or apple has removed the iMac from "rip off"..

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

That is a photoshopped picture - meant to be humourous on something. But gx_saurav did not do the Photoshopping.

Anyway, watch Diggnation. Watch the one titled "Diggnation - Live from London! Standing Room Only". Release date: 06/10/07; episode number 118. Kevin is a total Mac fanatic and Alex Albrecht is a comic genius! Good stuff. :D

Oh, and I just realised - this is one podcast that is right up your alley. It is in HD, has a lot of wacky humour, lots of beer and total swearing. You'll love it. :p

This, my dear friends, is exciting stuff:

*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tuaw.com/media/2007/10/launch2.jpg

October 20? Cool! Hope it's true. Though I still think it is going to be the 26th. :D

Last edited:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall

goobimama -
What 50% off on MacBooks? :O

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

^^ 1 of his frenz has a fren (or relative) in US who is an apple employee as a result entitled to 50% off on any apple product so goobi would be getting his apples from the friend's friend at 50% the price

goobimama

 Macboy

I think they just want some hits... 26th seems to be the way to go...

Will be going to the city tomorrow to buy a 500GB external HDD... getting all set for Leo-baba...

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall

My Dubai room mate just got a 8 GB iPhone and was talking about this Nov. 26. I think it's some thanksgiving sh*t where things are cr*p cheap. He was planning a MacBook (not Pro) at that point of time. His sister being an Air Hostess goes to Big Apple offten. Nov 26th the date, I'm planning a Sennheiser. :D

Goobi -
U talking orders? :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Milind, how much for the drive? (I'll have to dig down into my inbox to find that email you sent me a long time ago so just mention it again. The price must have come down now?)

Mac “Nice Touch” Features That Make You Smile

Good read. :)

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

I think a 500GB is around 7k (WD Mybook FW400)

Sourabh

Laptoping

goobimama said:
I think a 500GB is around 7k (WD Mybook FW400)

Please tell me you made a typo, I've recently purchased a 500gig internal hdd and made it external using enclosure for 6k (all inclusive). I don't think WD external drives are so cheap.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

Sourabh said:
Please tell me you made a typo, I've recently purchased a 500gig internal hdd and made it external using enclosure for 6k (all inclusive). I don't think WD external drives are so cheap.

According to Computer Warehouse bangalore 500 GB WD external is 7400+tax
Link

goobimama

 Macboy

Maybe it's not the Pro edition with Firewire400, but the MyBook essential is definitely 7k and that was like 5-6 months ago... the internal at that time was 6k...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

The cost is still better then Seagate 100 GB external HD I saw here for Rs 4,800

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

goobimama said:
But isn't that a 2.5" form factor?

Yup it is. A maxtor 80 GB external was for Rs 3,700

yash

I draw every day

hmm, interesting that you should be having discussion about external hard drives just about at this time! I got a refund from my college which I will be using to buy an external hard drive, I really like the g-tech drives with quad interface and amazing speed. so I'm going to ask my friend oliver to get that for me from the states the next time he drives down to ny. and thanks for bringing up diggnation! kevin rocks!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Alex rocks more, IMHO! The guy is funny. :)

Kevin rocks because he is a total Apple fanatic (digg, for a long time, used to have a category dedicated to Apple and there was no such provision for any other company). :D

goobimama

 Macboy

WD MyBook Essential 500GB costs 6.75k all inclusive. Only thing is it is a USB interface. And that's all they've got. Cause my dealer has got it in his head that USB is faster than Firewire400. Anyway, I'm on the lookout for a WD MyBook premium edition with Firewire400... another day, another trip.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Why not FireWire 800?

... Oh, I suppose your Mac does not have it?

Top Bottom