The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

I bet you did that because you can now enjoy being the tech support person, something you'd have been deprived of if she'd bought an iPod. Enjoy!

Anyway, if you guys have never seen it before, here are some pictures of a newly deformed MacBook Pro battery. If you have seen similar pictures before, enjoy the excellent photography here (specially in the third picture). :p

*img221.imageshack.us/img221/6697/p1000455je6.jpg

*img215.imageshack.us/img215/1828/p1000457ih1.jpg

*img218.imageshack.us/img218/3818/p1000459uh4.jpg

*img218.imageshack.us/img218/7077/p1000460zh9.jpg

I hope they'll replace it without any issues and/or charges.

WOW! This is friggin' unbelievable! iPhone queue already forming at Regent Street store.

More than a month in advance!! :eek: :eek: :eek: (And I thought only Americans were stupid!)

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

If they don't, bring it to Goa ;)

While Americans are stupid, the English are nuts! 1 month in advance is really crazy. I mean, look at the sane people in India. There is going to be only 1 person standing outside the apple store in Goa...that too 1 night in advance...

------

Watched this youtube video of the introduction of the macintosh. I must say, it gave me the shivers. It's like you can see from where we have come. The applause for the scrolling word "macintosh" was amazing. A must watch.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Heard the Macintosh speak for itself and refer to Steve as his father?

goobimama

 Macboy

Heheheh... Though I must say, text-to-speech hasn't changed much since then and that's sad (haven't heard alex on leopard though...)

yash

I draw every day

aryayush said:
I bet you did that because you can now enjoy being the tech support person, something you'd have been deprived of if she'd bought an iPod. Enjoy!

Anyway, if you guys have never seen it before, here are some pictures of a newly deformed MacBook Pro battery. If you have seen similar pictures before, enjoy the excellent photography here (specially in the third picture). :p

Hmm... I don't know about 'TECH' support, but 'regular' people with ipod do need help now and then. Like my cousin who recently got an ipod video and wants to know how the heck can he transfer videos to his ipod that it will 'PLAY' properly.

And is that your battery? how are u still running your laptop in the background? on AC power alone? hope u have a UPS. DANG the indian power people.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

Apple admits a problem is causing some iMac computers to freeze and require hard reboot

Apple launched updated iMac computers in August to lots of praise and fanfare. Recently some iMac owners tell Apple that their iMacs are freezing and require a hard reboot to resume normal operation.

AppleInsider reports that its iMac review unit from Apple operated as expected until the 1.1 update, and then began to experience the lockup issues reported by forum users. The problem appears to be related to the ATI Radeon HD graphics card and its required driver.

Apple has made no official statement on the cause of the freeze issue and has only stated that a repair for the issue is coming. AppleInsider also reports that some users of the new iMac have been able to fix the freeze issue by simply uninstalling the graphics drivers and reinstalling drivers of a previous version.

The report states that fix did not work as expected, and many users on Apple's official support forums also met the driver-swap procedure with mixed results.

Owners of affected units sometimes say they can initiate the freeze issue by launching a game or other application that taxes the graphics hardware.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

aryayush said:
What tech support? Just plug the Zen Stone plus to computer via USB, then right click on any song & Send To -> Zen (removable storage device). Done, it goes inside & you can start playing instantly.

If you are one of those kind who organizes teh music, then Simply start Windows Media Player 11, go to sync tab & drag & drop the songs u want to sync, then click on sync button, done. This assuming that all the songs are tagged properly in WMP. Zen Stone doesn't even require proper tagging to "show" song names.

Well, I really miss giving tech support to her which I would have given her in case of iPod. You know, Quicktime Pro to convert videos to iPod or better yet, "How to update iPod firmware" & Why update firmware, also "Why can't i copy songs to & from my friends computer" etc etc, damn...I miss all those limitations :D

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

Went to the apple store today. All the 'touches are sold out. And there are 20+ preorders!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

They aren't even here yet. :( This city sucks!

yash said:
And is that your battery? how are u still running your laptop in the background? on AC power alone? hope u have a UPS. DANG the indian power people.
Yes, that is my battery. Yes, I am running on AC power alone. No, I don't have a UPS (why would I!). We don't have very frequent power cuts in this part of the city. I'm taking it in for replacement tomorrow.

Glad to see you back. Show me the widget. I am sure it's done by now? :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

aryayush said:
Yes, that is my battery. Yes, I am running on AC power alone. No, I don't have a UPS (why would I!). We don't have very frequent power cuts in this part of the city. I'm taking it in for replacement tomorrow.

Uh! arya....clean your room boy :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Sorry, can't really do that. Live in a city that has as frequent rains as Kolkata, as a paying guest while attending around seven hours of college each day (including Saturdays) and you'll know.

To top it off, I'm a lazy bum!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

aryayush said:
Sorry, can't really do that. Live in a city that has as frequent rains as Kolkata, as a paying guest while attending around seven hours of college each day (including Saturdays) and you'll know.

Ah! Kolkata, there was a time when I used to speak Bengali more fluently then Hindi :rolleyes:...don't worry i m trying to come there soon.

To top it off, I'm a lazy bum!

That explains it all

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

goobimama said:
I mean, look at the sane people in India. There is going to be only 1 person standing outside the apple store in Goa...
Yeah, the rest 1000 Indians are busy posting in the 500-odd page Official iPhone thread in this forum. Sane people!!!:D :D ;)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

I just realised something:

These are the five most lengthy threads on the Digit forum:
1. All Graphics Cards related queries here.
2. LATEST HARDWARE PRICES & QUOTES..!!
3. **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**
4. the FOOTBALL channel
5. The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

This is the fifth lengthiest thread on this forum!

Superb achievement, aint it! :D

[Yes, I know. I have way too much free time. :p
And BTW, also of note is the fact that only one of those threads has a properly punctuated, grammatically correct and properly formed title. LOL! :D]

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

^^ if we go through the thread again .. how many off topic post will one find? :p

goobimama

 Macboy

My room is like made for the mac (in fact, it was specially made for the coming of the mac). No one is allowed to leave anything in my room. If there's something lying around for more than a day, "out cha go!". It is one of the tidiest rooms I've seen :)

BTW, I've entered a small little Apple feedback contest... and iPod shuffle is up for grabs! (need your prayers people!)

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

How do I disable checking for software updates compleately? In Windows I can disable the service & be done with it (Power user method), what about Mac?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

According to AppleInsider sources, Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard has been finalized and well on target to make its rumored October 26th ship date. However, MacRumors' sources say that Gold Master hasn't been declared yet and "builds are still progressing." This comes in addition to the news that Apple has finished two new builds of Mac OS X 10.4.11--which are likely to be the final update to the Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger operating system. [Mac Rumors via AppleInsider]

Top Bottom