The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

Yeah, I've been saying this for months now. I've changed the Dictionary shortcut to Option + D, added a shortcut for 'Merge All Windows' in Safari and another for 'Start Speaking Text' in the services menu. It is very easy.

goobimama

 Macboy

I always thought the "add new shortcut" thing was something to do with launching applications. The dictionary shorcut I changed cause it was right there. Nice tip on the merge all windows...will do.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

u got a shuffle ... and miss a screen ... then do some thing like this and u wont miss the screen coz ur ipod will look sooooooooo sexy .... besides add bling like this 1 and u can gift it to ur lady love ...

*gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/10/diamond-ipod-shuffle_48.jpg

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!

from a unspecified reliable source of mine

> i came to know that Iphone are going to hit Indian market via airtel!!( just like blackberry)

may be rumor i guess or may be !!!

:wink: aryayush

life in scrapyard is like u spill coffie on a keyboard and then u notice the other keyboard are worst than that without coffie!!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

goobimama said:
I always thought the "add new shortcut" thing was something to do with launching applications. The dictionary shorcut I changed cause it was right there. Nice tip on the merge all windows...will do.
"Start Speaking Text" is also a good feature to have a shortcut for... but only if you have Alex at your service. :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

me gotta know that AT&T has partnered wid mahindra and mahindra and haf applied for a telecom spectrum. so we never know whats gonna happen!

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall

^^
iDontknowwhatyou'retalikingabout ?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

ithink iknow ... he has lost it :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

I know what the bloody ******* is talking about. I know it very well indeed.

They don't even have it yet in Kolkata. :(

Milind, do a mini review thing. Here's your chance to vent your fanboyism. :D

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

^^ is it what i thought it was ... did he get his hands on the ipod touch :shock:

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Yes, he did. :(

More importantly, he got his hands on OS X mobile and Multi-touch. (He'd once dared me that he would get there before I did and I guess he's won. :()

I still have Leopard to boast about though. :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

^^ a friend of mine also got to mess with the iphone this saturday

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

There's a lot of difference between a normal person (your friend) and an absolutely-bloody-crazy-lutely-Mac-fanatic (Milind) getting their dirty hands on that screen! (Yes, I'm jealous. :p)

goobimama

 Macboy

Sorry guys. I left you'll back in the dust there. Yes, I did in face 'touch' the iPod Touch.

I can tell you, watching the videos is one thing, but actually touching it is another! I was literally giggling while zooming in using my two fingers.

The software is superfast with no lag whatsoever. No lag. Nothing. Just press the iPod thing and it zooms in. The accelerometer works just like its supposed to (even the other way round). My blog looks awesome on the iPod touch! And whoever said that the keyboard was difficult to use? Even with my nervousness and excitement I typed in my blog address quite accurately. Not that fast for a first timer, but it certainly seems manageable.

I'm telling you. If i had 17k, I would have bought it. Lucky for me, I just exhausted my bank account by getting a Wacom Bamboo tablet (which I was playing with all this while). While that is cool, the touch is like....awesome!

Slide to Unlock....

[Will be going there tomorrow to pay for the wacom tablet, will use it again! Anyone needs their blogs/websites to be visited by the touch, please lemme know...;) ]

And I forgot to mention how slim it is! The guy's Moto Razr looked like a fat ugly brick in comparison with the iPod Touch. I'm finally starting to believe that God exists....cause such feats are not possible with science alone..

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Can we have a (very lengthy) blog post, please? I need another starred item in Google Reader.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

aryayush said:
There's a lot of difference between a normal person (your friend) and an absolutely-bloody-crazy-lutely-Mac-fanatic (Milind) getting their dirty hands on that screen! (Yes, I'm jealous. :p)
well ur actually wrong there ... mac boys expect things to be crazy while a normal user who isnt so tech crazy has his jaw drpping more than a macboy when he such things :)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

But normal people aren't crazy enough to give you an STD call just to say, "iTouched!"

:D

goobimama

 Macboy

whatever it may be, one thing is for sure: It is a jaw dropping experience...

Top Bottom