The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

If you've been reading, you might have come across this post about "Sapiens". It's a mouse based launcher. And i find it quite nice (now with the pen tablet..)

To activate the launcher, you just have to move your mouse pointer in a circle and a nice little round thing pops up with some apps in there. Now the interesting part is that the your app habits are learnt by the software and it takes some time (2-3 days) before it can accurately predict what app you are going to use next.

the site has a nice intro as to how it works...
*www.donelleschi.com/sapiens/

Also, one amazing feature is its open with dialog. Same thing, you click and drag a file in a circle and all its compatible apps pop up.

@aayush: Do you use a mousepad/mouse or just the touchpad?

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Just the trackpad (better than any mouse I've ever used, let me tell you).

I've tried this Sapiens thing. But Spotlight works much faster for me. The Spotlight in Leopard, that is. Another thing is that I don't do much launching. My system is always on so the applications I need to use are always launched. At any given time, I have more than ten applications running.

See this: Apple’s Caps Lock key has undocumented anti-jab protection (but only in the new keyboards). Cool feature! I wish they would somehow implement in the older keyboards too. I am sure it is possible through a firmware update or something.

Also of interest: Man's Spare Room Filled With Almost Every Apple Model Ever Made

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

OK, see this:

*img230.imageshack.us/img230/2351/ichatscreensharingnr3.th.png

Can anyone guess what is going on here?

I am having a screen sharing session with Yash Gupta. We experimented with all sorts of new features of Leopard for about two hours. It was awesome fun. We had audio/video conferencing with those still, video and custom backdrops. We shared files. We experienced iChat Theatre. Screen Sharing was the most fun thing. I showed him my Google Reader widget (which did not work on his Mac) and he wanted to join in on the fun too. Once he was shown the way (i.e. Dashcode), there was no stopping him. We were intent on trying out every single thing we could lay our mouse on. It was just so much fun. At last, he had to kick me out because I wouldn't budge. (At one point, he said, "let go of the damn mouse!") :p

Basically, what I want to say is that Leopard simply rocks. Everything has been thought out. When we were screen sharing, I dragged a file from his Finder over to the "My Computer" window, which brought me back to my screen and then dropped it onto my Finder. It started getting transferred. It was awesome, fantastic, superb! I love Leopard and pity those poor people who haven't used it yet (and enjoy the privilege of being able to do so in advance :p).

It's a shame he had a tiny little fifteen inch screen though with a measly resolution. :p

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

you are sharing your screen over ichat. Something we have been doing since.....ah! leave it, why pwn Mac again....:D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

blah

look at the image ... saw it in a context but found this image to be very hilarious ... so forget the context enjoy the image

*gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/07/steve-jobs-lawyer.jpg

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

LOL! :lol:

(Most probably would have been funnier when in context though.)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

a guy filed a petition against apple for bricking the patched iphones with their 1.1.1 update :)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Seeking millions in damages, I am sure? :lol:

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!

^^ good lord they are not going to file a case that the wind is blowing in the wrong direction!!

man this is heights

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

^^^ You never know. They can even do that. As I said, they are Americans!!!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

saw and held the ipod touch today ... wasnt powered up so didnt see how it works .... but 2 things quite noticeable - heavy & remarkably thin ... being sold for 13750/- wo bill :) and yeah it looks good better than the classic

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

@Milind
Would you say that it is heavy?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

thats exactly why its called classic ;)

goobimama

 Macboy

What is heavy? The Touch? No way! I didn't feel a thing. But actually even the Classic is neat. I did check it out and it does feel slimmer than the earlier one.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

... which is hardly a surprise because it is, in fact, a tad slimmer than the previous version. :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

the classic is beter in looks not coz its slimmer but the front has a newer looks ... its edges are smoothened which wasnt the case in gen5 ... the smoothness makes it look better the slimness well its not that much of differnece

goobimama

 Macboy

I bet Apple is working on a hard drive based iPod Touch and then knock off the classic. I don't see the classic getting updating ever again.... though there is the overall operate without looking thing that the iPod has going on which the touch still does not...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Another gal who saw the world beyond iPod...well, I thought I can post it here

One my g-f wanted to buy an mp3 player beside her phone. Now, at first I recommended her a Nokia E51 or N72 cos thats better but she doesn't need a camera phone, she is happy with her current Nokia phone & just wanted to get a Portable MP3 player with good earphones which she can use anywhere.

We went to E-zone here where iPods are available, guess what,,only iPod shuffle was fitting her budget & nothing else, she asked me whether there are any limitations with iPod Shuffle, I told her the usual jargon...

1) It has no screen
2) It will work only with iTunes, so if u take it to your friends home, you can't copy paste music simply via Windows Explorer but you will have make sure iTunes is installed there, & that computer has internet connection too
3) It can only play mp3 & MP4.
4) It has no FM
5) No voice recorder.....

etc etc..& her face was like :-o, she asked...."Yeh karta kya hai" (my influence after all :D).

But, there is one more thing, she saw another player there, a Creative Zen Stone Plus, with the skin+clip accessory & Creative EP-630. The total combination was well within the budget & still some money was left for my burgers (which I skipped, I just got better from jaundice).

She is now a happy owner of a Pink Creative Zen Stone Plus with the skin+clip accessory & EP-630 earphones. She has 2 GB of storage to spare & the player is very simple. Just plus via the USB cable & copy paste songs. No need to start a memory hogging software, & tagging songs. She can even use WMP10 or above for auto syncing....its that simple. Oh! & Zen Stone Plus looks better then iPod shuffle :p

Top Bottom