The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

LOL! :lol:

I don't know why, but this comment sounds strangely funny to me, even though I know it is not. :lol:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

well i thought ur the multimedia types so would want to club all forms of entertainment devices to provide complete multimedia experience :)

goobimama

 Macboy

Ah yes. Thanks for looking out for me. No sarcasm here.

Btw, that Airport Express looks more and more inviting as each day passes by. Its Digital Optical Output for Airtunes is simply amazing. It could cost me 4.5k if bought from Canada which is not that bad. Should I go for it? I just hope it doesn't update very soon... everything seems to be going 'n'....

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

the 802.11n standard is catching up fast. imho, everyone should defer purchase of wifi devices. they are a part of stock package in US now.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

goobimama said:
Btw, that Airport Express looks more and more inviting as each day passes by. Its Digital Optical Output for Airtunes is simply amazing. It could cost me 4.5k if bought from Canada which is not that bad. Should I go for it? I just hope it doesn't update very soon... everything seems to be going 'n'....
What! It is already capable of 'n'.

goobimama

 Macboy

Express....not Extreme. (www.apple.com/airportexpress)

And I just found some of the online stores saying that they are low on stock for this product... sounds like its gonna update to me...! I hope its gonna sport the new apple look.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

I m calling in sick these days so continue without me. C ya all after many days, maybe after admission or job

Goobi thanx for the screen lock app. Keychain "Lock screen" starts a screensaver & then locks which I don't like.

In other words, he was complaining about how it should work exactly like it does on Windows.
Thats because the Windows way is better here. In Windows Vista when I lock the user, I get login screen back. Now I can leave the computer on & go to do my work while my sister can come & "switch user" to run her own user & work. My user continues to download or render while my sister can work on her orkut account fine. Maybe this is how it also happens in case of Mac os X with multiple user accounts.

@ iMav & all Macboys.

I have already posted long back the best way to watch TV on Mac by Pinnacle Solutions

This flaw just in...Don't know whether this is due to the reason I removed support for Hindi from Mac OS via monolingual or XSlimmer, but Orkut isn't showing Hindi fonts when used on Mac OS X

goobimama

 Macboy

Oh flaw is it! I've seen Hindi fonts being used throughout OS X so I think it must be that Xslimmer thing...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

One more thing....how do I stop the Mac OS X from checking or accessing internet at all?

In Windows, I can use Windows Firewall to block all apps other then say WMP to show me a streaming video. So now only WMP can connect to Internet & nothing else & all bandwidth goes to WMP. How do I do this in Mac OS X?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

I can do that here in Leopard but I am not quite so sure about Tiger. One thing you can do is download and use Little Snitch, which is free.

You removed the hindi fonts and it is now not showing them. WOW! What a terrible terrible flaw!! In other news, I just ate the apple in my refrigerator and surprise, it is not there in the fridge anymore. :(

As for that lock thing. You click on that lock in the menu bar and select the option "Lock Screen". It starts the screen saver. Move the mouse and you are shown the login screen. Just hit the "Switch User..." button if you want to.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

aryayush said:
I can do that here in Leopard but I am not quite so sure about Tiger.

Tried that, not the same thing, will check the next time i boot in Mac OS.

You removed the hindi fonts and it is now not showing them. WOW! What a terrible terrible flaw!! In other news, I just ate the apple in my refrigerator and surprise, it is not there in the fridge anymore.

I already acknowledged the mistake. I reinstalled the fonts using Pacifists & can read orkut now.

Move the mouse and you are shown the login screen. Just hit the "Switch User..." button if you want to.

Switch user? Let me see then.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

gx_saurav said:
Tried that, not the same thing, will check the next time i boot in Mac OS.
*img167.imageshack.us/img167/4272/securitygf3.png
Unless Windows shows you pictures of little flowers and candies alongside the options, I don't think there's much difference between the two.

gx_saurav said:
I already acknowledged the mistake. I reinstalled the fonts using Pacifists & can read orkut now.
What, may I know, was the need of mentioning it in the first place?

gx_saurav said:
Switch user? Let me see then.
If you have more than one user, that is. Mac OS X is not stupid, unlike Windows Vista, and does not show you the "Switch User..." option when it is not required, i.e. when you only have a single user setup.

goobimama

 Macboy

Hahahahaha!!!!! Good one! love the screenshot....

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Thank you, thank you! :)

::takes a bow::

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

All the applications (63) that ship by default on every single Mac:

*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/bb3c5c2d6b.png

This is insane! :p

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

Here is some news. I am so proud of this switcher. He is the one and only...Alex..the lion!
(Don't read if you have important things to do)
The story goes like this. He asked me what laptop he should get. I told him Apple is all that makes sense to me. Beyond that its all the same garbage. Anyway, he tells someone to buy a laptop from dubai and got it for 50k, HP branded. Was all jumping around with it and its 'configuration'.

He never got to using the laptop cause it was too heavy and it was also sluggish for the configuration. Then my other friend bought a macbook on my recommendation. Loved it. Roamed with it everywhere. Did all kinds of crazy things like keynote presentations that blew the audience away in college. After two months Axel comes and says "I should have listened to you. Even though I got my laptop for cheaper with a bigger display, these macs are amazing. I thought Vista was going to be better than Mac OS, but its really crappy and slow. I'm selling my laptop and buying a macbook/MBP..."

FYI, the laptop is for sale: 48k (prestine condition... NOT USED AT ALL) ;)

narangz

Web developer

^^Well another proof that users are ditching bundled Windows Vista. But in this case the machine :D

Microsoft, are you listening? Do something about speed in SP1!!!!!

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

Hmm... I've always used the Command + Shift + ] combination to shift between tabs in Safari. Today I was fiddling with the keyboard shortcuts which I've never fiddled with. Easy does it. Just enter the EXACT NAME of the item in any menu bar and give it a shortcut. Pretty neat...

Top Bottom