The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

i really wonder how many ppl actually haf a legal version of MS Office on their PCs!!! baah.. i don't even need to wonder, i know the answer! :D

btw, is iWork bundled wid Macs? (except of corz the mac mini?)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

goobimama said:
Office has a lot of features
could u come again ... i guess some people need to read this and some need to speak it agian :p i hope my eyes arent playing tricks with ... im seeing the word feature too many times :lol: ... its all coz of u arya :D im seeing features all aorund me ... in my 6600 i see more features than ur 6300 :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

infra_red_dude said:
btw, is iWork bundled wid Macs? (except of corz the mac mini?)
If it had been bundled, it would have been there on all Macs, including the Mini. Apple doesn't differentiate between the various Macs. Every Mac comes with the exact same set of software.

You do get a thirty days trial version though...

shantanu

Technomancer

@milind : you use computers too :D , i thought you just sleep :p

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

ok, i was unaware of it. since the mac mini is the cheaper cuz i thot some software was cut down on it.

goobimama

 Macboy

@shantanu: May a rabid mongrel run across your path and bite your hot neighbour. Just cause I woke up at 4pm today doesn't mean I'm a lazy slob. Sometimes it's not my fault that I oversleep...I'm not conscious enough to realise it that's all...

Btw I went through a forum thread on aperture vs lightroom. From what I gather Aperture has more features, in that it is more powerful, but lightroom is a little faster especially on low config machines so I'm gonna stick to Lightroom. It's a pity that iPhoto integration is only on Aperture....

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

damn the word features :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Aperture is very confusing for me so I just downgraded to iPhoto. I don't really need all those professional features. And iPhoto '08 simply rocks.

But I loved that magnifying loupe in Aperture. It is unbelievably cool! :D

goobimama

 Macboy

I keep all my pictures in iPhoto, the ones that I want to view using slideshows and such. Only stock images and others which I need for work purposes I keep in my Lightroom library. iPhoto kicks ass in managing photos for general purpose...

Now if they only incorporated non-destructive adjustments in iPhoto, it would be great. Though I don't see how they are going to be able to do that cause one needs to view the same in slideshows and other apps... may not be the best approach.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Aperture does have non-destructive adjustments.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Umm... guys, if you don't mind, can you please visit *blog.aryayush.com/ and give me inputs on what can be improved (apart from the theme, of course)? Please! :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

well u have done nothing ... thats wordpress by defalut ... wat to comment on :? if u want u can spend some time browsing wordpress plugin galleries

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

I know about the theme. I'll put a theme in a day or two.

I just wanted to know how good/bad it is, in general. My writing style, the fonts, etc. Thanks anyway! :)

(I realise that I am diverting the topic, so I'm stopping it here.)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall

An average person for normal doc/ppt/xls requirement won't need MS Office, iWork or other commercial Office suites. If they were asked to use OSS suites and MS Office, I'm sure many won't find any difference but for the UI and 'features' which they won't need/use anyway.

Let me tell this. Many people use MS Office, because:
1. They think that's the one thing available
2. They're used to it
3. They get it for free anyways - why bother to use a OSS suite if I get a commercial thing for the same cost?

This is getting incredibly stupid now.... many Commercial Suites supporters won't be talking like this if they paid for the softwares.

aryayush -
The font is not pleasing to the eyes. Stick with Verdana or default one.

The writing comes with practice. Don't worry abt that front now!

All the best... to build a great blog!

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

Stick to the standard fonts boy. <strike>Palatino</strike>(Forgot that palatino is a cross platform font. Both on os x and Vista. Wonder why I didn't see it though) and gulatino isn't going to help. I think I'm seeing Arial here, and big. Use Trebuchet MS, Verdana or Lucida...and of course specify Arial and Sans-serif at the end of the font setting.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

thats default wp ...

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Thanks, guys! I'll post all future posts in Verdana. :)

One thing I just noticed:
The page for HP's dv<insert difficult to remember four digit number here>TX is this: *h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/in/en/ho/W...116665-1116665-1116665-13077980-80376335.html

The page for an Apple MacBook is:
*www.apple.com/macbook/ (and if you type this in Safari or Opera, all you have to type is 'apple/macbook')

Which one would you be more likely to remember?

This little thing shows the spectacularly huge difference between the two companies, how very different they are.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

wen u make that comparison .... ur comparing hp's range of notebooks to mac's range which i unfair to apple coz their line up does not have soooooooooooooo many models

Top Bottom