The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Unlike add-on utilities like dejamenu, drivers are very essential for Windows.

Correct, nVidia nView comes with Forceware drivers while Hydravision with ATI drivers. Intel also bundles multi monitor configuration tools with there drivers.

I then install Windows Vista via Boot Camp. More often than not, most of your hardware does not work well or not work at all. What do you do? Install the drivers given by Apple. And oops, it installed Nvidia Control Panel with a couple of other control interfaces..

So if one intends to use Windows, one should keep the drivers ready, before installing Windows itself.

Don't know about the "different hardware" of Mac :D, but on a conventional PC, just install the drivers through Windows Update. After first boot Windows automatically searches for updates on Windows Update & installs what ever is required.

Are you saying its ok if the utility gets accidentally installed while installing drivers for Windows but its not ok to install an add-on utility in Mac OS for the sake of having a fair comparison ?

I seriously don't want to indulge in arguement with a Macboy, but how wrong can you go? nView & Hydravision are part of drivers not some utility.

very mac-like, don't you think? end of discussion.

Did you see the other two "options of usage" Windows gives?

In the lightroom pic, the "library of thumbnails window" is in the other monitor, not whole lightroom.

All I have been trying to say is that Windows gives more options to work if U want, compared to Mac OS where you only have one option to work with.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
I love this ... Bring it ON! :twisted:

@ ichi How do I change my username, like yours shows ichi(weird) ?
Last time I had to make a new one and be like a freash-stock for months!

------

@yash
Not pulling your leg, but there are minute differences, and thats what we are talking about here I guess.

And thats mac4lin (made by infra_red_dude or anirudh, our forum member) on UBuntu(?) AFAIK.

------

gxsaurav said:
Don't know about the "different hardware" of Mac , but on a conventional PC, just install the drivers through Windows Update. After first boot Windows automatically searches for updates on Windows Update & installs what ever is required.
I cannot gather why did you quote this part of my post and give this whatever reply? :lol:

gxsaurav said:
Did you see the other two "options of usage" Windows gives?

In the lightroom pic, the "library of thumbnails window" is in the other monitor, not whole lightroom.

All I have been trying to say is that Windows gives more options to work if U want, compared to Mac OS where you only have one option to work with.
ALL kinds of Multi-Monitor modes available on Windows are there for Mac OS X. Just that the orientation of Dock and apple-bar might have their own merits and de-merits.

Of course, the windows way is flawed as well..

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
ALL kinds of Multi-Monitor modes available on Windows are there for Mac OS X. Just that the orientation of Dock and apple-bar might have their own merits and de-merits.

Of course, the windows way is flawed as well..

That was my point. Ofcourse, the implementation is not the best in Mac OS X, but neither is it flawless on windows.

And then a winboy comes along with these ridiculous arguments, says Mac OS X sucks and then he calls me a macboy. :lol:

IronManForever

Wait a minute. Where's the nose-pocking Linboy? :lol:

In other news, I got my first kernel panic today. Wanted to write a blog entry, but don't know how to..

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^lol...dont be a lulzer. I am on tech nirvana, so now it really doesnt matter. All OSes are pain to use at some point and I have settled with an anonymous one.
But I do come back once in a while to see if anyone else is ready for salvation or not. I care for lost people still identifying there identity with tech gadgets and softwares.

Later fanbois ! ;)

yash

I draw every day

okay, this is something noone else replied to.
you can't run two 'whole lightrooms' so your argument is invalid. in either OS, you get menubar on either of the two. which is how mac works inherently. and now, adobe products too.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@Ironman

As far as I know changing user names is not allowed, some other guy here wanted that too!! I think T159 and ichi may be two different guys, may be its a guess.

IronManForever

^ Nah. Same guy. He said me you have to make a request to admins and they may change it. Perhaps goobimama needs it. :p

Guys, anyone know how to sync Windows Mobile with a Mac? Its stupid that Microsoft didn't make a client for OSX. Other tools have failure rates, like the one I tied yesterday which gave me a kernel panoc.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
^^^Haven't you heard of that famous Active Stink Joke ?? ;-)
To sync Win Mobile you'll need Missing Sync for Windows Mobile. There is a Missing Sync for everything Palm OS, Symbian, Blackberry, SE .. you name it.

din

Tribal Boy
@IronManForever

SyncMate - Sync your Mac with mobile device - Some features are free like contact, ical etc

Missing Sync for Windows Mobile - Fully paid

IronManForever

^ Syncmate was the thing that gave me my first kernel panic on Mac. :neutral:
Does Missing Sync have a trial? Wait, I can check that. Checking out.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
A program can cause a kernel panic? I've downloaded many apps and that has never happened!
But I still remember my first system update, I got a kernel panic(10.5.4). But when I was downloading the update I connected my Nokia N80 and I guess that's what cause it.:cry:

IronManForever

gxsaurav said:
Mac's can't connect properly to any mobile phone other then iPhone??? Wow, what a limitation
Macs CAN sync with all major handset providers. Either you install Windows, or use Mac OS. For both, you'll need extra software, other than 'Windows Mobile' on 'Windows Vista'.

I'd say that its the responsibility of the handset manufacturer to make a syncing tool. I already said Microsoft should provide ActiveSync for Mac if they want the scenario to look better.

Nevertheless, third party tools are there and work well with Macs. Just that I got unlucky with the trial of a program having an on-test beta feature and Mac OS gave me a kernel panic.

--------------

A question for all; Uh, How much do you fancy legacy hardware and stuff?
I just saw a website selling 2nd hand, refurb eMacs with 1.24 GHz G4 for 99$. :eek: Perfect for a home desktop for basic stuff I should say. Did I say I really love legacy hardware, and when someone tries to put good use to them?

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
Hey guys do you know my Zune doesnt work with Mac OS! What a sucker MS have made! Seriously...Anyone ready to swap Zune 30 GB with an iPod 30 GB ?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Macs CAN sync with all major handset providers.

Can it sync with Nokia N79 to sync my contacts in Address Book, mails with Apple Mail & Notes/To Do with Things?

I'd say that its the responsibility of the handset manufacturer to make a syncing tool.

I agree. It is a free software so it should be created in a cross platform API like QT & should be made available on all platforms. This is one investment phone manufacturers should indeed beer.

I already said Microsoft should provide ActiveSync for Mac if they want the scenario to look better.

ActiveSync is a protocol not a software.

Hey guys do you know my Zune doesnt work with Mac OS! What a sucker MS have made! Seriously...Anyone ready to swap Zune 30 GB with an iPod 30 GB ?

U...a mac user bought Microsoft Zune?????

Last edited:

IronManForever

gxsaurav said:
U...a mac user bought Microsoft Zune?????
U put that wrong. A Zune user bought a Mac. :)

gxsaurav said:
Can it sync with Nokia N79 to sync my contacts in Address Book, mails with Apple Mail & Notes/To Do with Things?
Missing Sync can I believe. Just a few days ago, one for Blackberry released.
If it doesnt in anyway, you could call Nokia up and tell your problem anytime. :)

gxsaurav said:
ActiveSync is a protocol not a software.
Doesnt make any difference to me. There still isnt one for a Mac, or rather, for Mac OS.

gxsaurav said:
I agree. It is a free software so it should be created in a cross platform API like QT & should be made available on all platforms. This is one investment phone manufacturers should indeed beer.
Yeah, I like that too. Carlsberg.

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
U put that wrong. A Zune user bought a Mac. :)

True that. And I would never have bought it if I was not getting it for as cheap as I did ;) Believe me, Zune software is teh biggest piece of **** ever. Period. And then you have MS fanboys complaining about itunes :lol:

Top Bottom