The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
@IronMan: Must try Safari 4. It's seriously much better. Just revert the address bar back to what it was, and maybe the tabs if you find them too weird. It is fast, light, and has some nice feature improvements. A no brainer.

@Cooldudie: Inquisitorx.com

Pat

Beyond Smart
I got Safari 4 too...And there is no looking back.Its heaps better than the previous version - fast and sexy! I actually don't dislike the new tab-bar! Infact, I just love it.I get much more screen space this way which I absolutely appreciate (especially considering I am on a 13.3" Macbook) :)

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Downloading Safari 4

Man this tool Onyx is so loaded and extensive, upto the limit of being confusing to new Mac users like me.

What is meant by repairing disk permissions? A routine maintainence task on a Mac, but what actually does it do?

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
^^^ Onyx is really simple to use and very useful utility to have. Don't worry about Disk Permissions till your mac misbehaves, however its recommended to verify disk permission once in a month. Cache cleaner is something I recommend you to use once in a week, make sure that you don't delete Cookies and your web history ( ofcourse these are personal choices ).

Drive Genius is something that you should use with little caution, I say read documentation.

Disk Utility is bundled with Mac OS and is very easy to use with loads of functions. Check it yourself, it can do a whole lot of things and its my favorite utility too.

IronManForever

^ Umm. Okay, thanks for that.

I need a nice software that will help me manage Movies and Rips and catalog my DVDs. Any suggestions?

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Got a question here. In my coverflow in iTunes, the album arts split up even if they are the same CD. It seems my library is sorted by name not album. I remember this question was asked before, but I'm too lazy to search.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@cooldudie3
Didn't get your problem exactly but here is my guess solution may work for you.
Select all the tracks in the album and press cmd + i (Get Info), in the Info tab add your necessary tags and then add the album art. Then, move on to the Options tab, select Part of compilation as Yes and press OK. Hope it works for you

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
*www.skitch.com/cooldudie3/bgc9e/skitched-20090301-082902
Hope this picture helps. I know the compilation thing works, but it's not a compilation.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
^^ I use Transmission for torrents. I like the interface, it's clean and easy to use. Also I can see the download/upload speed on the dock without opening the window.
Anyways utorrent for mac isn't as feature-rich as the PC version.

Last edited:

IronManForever

^ It has almost as much as I would need. That said, I am downloading Transmission.

I used iPhoto to import pics from my Digital Camera. Where has iPhoto kept it?

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
^^^ In Pictures/ iPhoto Library, I think its only browsable via iPhoto and not Finder :-(
Torrents and Transmission have a knife-butter relationship ;-)

IronManForever

^ Man, this sucks. Why? I mean, iPhoto should integrate with Finder, any sane guy would expect that. It'll be terrible for me if this isnt possible.

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^ Right click on iPhoto Library in Finder -> Show Package Contents. It opens your library in finder!

IronManForever

^ Thanks man! I'll try it as soon as I get back home.

I'm so stupid.. I did that 'show package stuff' for looking into Application contents.. couldn't guess that for iPhoto.
I must say Apple should have a more intuitive menu option for that, if it isn't already there, that is.

Last edited:

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Also, if you select a photo in Finder and control-click and select Reveal in Finder, the iPhoto Library thing will open and with the photo highlighted.

yash

I draw every day
Also, if you select a photo in Finder and control-click and select Reveal in Finder, the iPhoto Library thing will open and with the photo highlighted.

what? if you are selecting a photo in the finder, why/how would you click reveal in finder?

Top Bottom