The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
The files within the folder are unlocked but I can't delete them either because the folder is locked (I have only read access).

goobimama

 Macboy
How about the permissions at the bottom? Unlock the permissions, make them read write for all users, and then uncheck the "locked" thing.

goobimama

 Macboy
What kind of Pen drive is this? Anything to do with NTFS? Cause in that case I guess the only option would be to reformat the pen drive (and then restore the data)

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
It just reads:

Sharing & Permissions:
You can only read. Get lost.
GET LOST???????????????
why would it tell you to get lost?
I think your Pen drive is NTFS. Mac can only read but not write on a NTFS drive. Format it as FAT32 if you want Mac/Windows compatibility.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Arre baba it is not NTFS ;) It is the FART 16 format.

Anyway, I guess I will have to boot into Linux now.

Last edited:

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
I don't think Mac OSX can do FAT16...
Format it to FAT32 and you should be able to read.

What really happened to drgrudge(Ashwin)? I haven't noticed him and he isn't a mod anymore. Does anyone have the real reason?

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
OS X reads FAT 16. ;) The files & folders were locked on both Linux & OS X. I was able to access them in Linux as I knew the command for accessing the drive via root user. So job well done. Only thing is, out of the 3 OSs I forgot where have I made the backup of the drive contents.

-------------

Guys, my uncle just returned from his world tour of the US; Europe & Australia. The 3G launch was a day before he left. According to him at all 3 places the iPhone 3G isn't good as far as the product quality (both hardware & software) is concerned. He met a lot of his colleagues who bought it and aren't happy with the device, they seem to encounter a lot of problems with it. Though the kind of problem is not known to me. But, that was the reason he decided not to purchase one for himself.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Only thing is, out of the 3 OSs I forgot where have I made the backup of the drive contents.
Array bhaiyyu. It is a pen drive. Just copy all the files again to your Mac desktop or wherever, and reformat it. Won't take more than 5 minutes.

goobimama

 Macboy
I know :( I don't know what hit me. I was like should I delete this post before someone see's it? Damn. My entire brain is thrown off gear.

dinesh72

Journeyman
I hope everybody had nice weekend.
Its time to change my desktop pc to imac. Well, I've decided to buy 20" 2.66 Ghz. I've two possible options one to buy from Atria Mall in Worli or one in Andheri (Techvantage or something). I've visited Worli store before. Any last minute suggestions. (Its not last minute but 4-5 days only).

Top Bottom