The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
Nucking Futs indeed. Although, if you for some reason care about those Windows brethren, then I guess an Antivirus could be of some use. But in my world, to ell with them!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ Wouldn't it make a lot more sense if you were to call them on the phone to know whether they are open today or no?

@cooldudie,If that is the case then you must remove Mac OS X and install Winblows rather than filling up your hard drive with AV's and all.
C'mon dude,you don't need such crap on OS X.Who has the time to code viruses for UNIX OSs?
As for partitions,why?

BTW are you from India?

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
No I am not from India.
I accidentally did a partition. I planned to use it for Windows but I changed my mind and used it somewhere else (A desktop PC)
So typically I should delete ClamXAV right?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Can't stop myself from posting these here. :D

This was close to my home in Dwarka. A shop named Kitchen affairz using iMac for billing & running Windows XP in it. I wonder why they bought Apple for :D

*img157.imageshack.us/img157/8573/dsc01326hj1.jpg

*i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd303/computergeek485/4chan/Mac.jpg

goobimama

 Macboy
You posted this in the "Post your Cam Pics" thread a long time ago I remember. Ab achanak dimaag ki batti phir se jal gayi?

Just in case the rest of the Macboys from this thread didn't get this

----------------------------------
Written by preshit in a new thread in Chit Chat
What happens when a bunch of guys, who share the same passion for something, come together and work hard on creating something? The outcome is legendary. Microsoft, Google, Apple, Twitter - they all did it.

Similarly, a bunch of us from this community, who shared the same passion for a particular company, got together and worked hard to create something. What's the outcome, you ask? Well, why don't you tell us?

Presenting, Smoking Apples - The premier source of Apple news, views and reviews with an Indian perspective.

Even though we sorta had a soft launch a few weeks back, so as to iron out any bugs that we encounter. Today, we officially launch the site. Here's what we have to say.

Welcome, my dear friends, to Smoking Apples, the premier source of Apple news, views and reviews in the neighbourhood! As you should have by now guessed, we intend to cover all the interesting (and sometimes not so much) happenings revolving around our favourite fruity company. From the Mac to the iPod and the iPhone to the Apple TV, you’ll find it all here, information from a cacophony of sources that has been distilled into pure, readable form and lovingly handcrafted for you. (Wow, we could be artists!)

This site is run by a group of five talented youngsters located in various parts of India including Chennai, Goa, Mumbai and Siliguri (in West Bengal). Milind and I were the ones who originally came up with the idea of starting an Apple related website but one that was distinguished from the thousands of others in the same category by its characteristic Indian charm. However, the lazy procrastinating bums that we are, the idea never really took to flight. It took Ashwin’s determination, and his confidence and experience from already running a successful blog, to get us all into gear and register the domain name. Once the engines had been fired up, there was no stopping us.

(more...)

So why don't you head over to the site, take a look at it and the awesome posts that we have written so far and then tell us how have we fared? Remember, we're open to whatever feedback you may have and we'll only improve. Seriously, any thoughts/suggestions/words/views, please let us know.

Smoking Apples

-----------

Btw, remember I had promised you would see more of Ashwin in the future? Dr sahab is one of the lead bloggers on SA (as it will be hereon referred to as). Go say hi :)

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Folder Permission issues.

I am unable to delete folders & files on my pen drive, the folders have the lock icon on them. Me is unable to delete anything within those folders. Get info -> uncheck locked isn't working either. Any help?

Top Bottom