The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Wow, we’re really buying a lot of Macs these days among ourselves. Mehul, Sunny, Preshit, I and now you… cool!

20-inch iMac is great. Go for it, I say.

goobimama

 Macboy
Btw, if your usage involves more than internet surfing and movie watching, then the screen of the 20" isn't the best in the world. Otherwise its a fine machine.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
I hope everybody had nice weekend.
Its time to change my desktop pc to imac. Well, I've decided to buy 20" 2.66 Ghz. I've two possible options one to buy from Atria Mall in Worli or one in Andheri (Techvantage or something). I've visited Worli store before. Any last minute suggestions. (Its not last minute but 4-5 days only).

Goodluck with the purchase. Where in Mumbai are you?

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
I was thinking about buying a Time Machine until I read the poor reviews about it. This guy bought it and it took him 4 days to back up 30something GB! I expected a better review from the customers. Is anyone in here experiencing problems with a Time Machine?

@Manan,Thanks:D
Here you go:
Never in life buy Time Capsule!I can give you a link where each and every person is having the same problem with Time Capsule I am having!It eats up all the bandwidth while backing up.I don't know how Aayush is not having this problem.Maybe due to g network or something but a majority of users are having this problem.Also,the range is pathetic even with n network.It can't cover my whole 3-storey house:(
Better buy a 500 GB FireWire800 external hard disk+a good WiFi router and still save some bux.
Again.......don't buy Time Capsule!Not worth the money.

Piss on this!

Last edited:

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Any recommendations for Firewire 800/400 external hard drives? Is there a big difference with Firewire 400 and USB 2.0?

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Finally decided to buy a internal SATA HDD and hook it into my PC that's connected to my WiFi network and use it to store ALL my media content. Reasons?

*preshit.net/screenshots/b5551a662576499658879fefa0c1e45b.png

Question:
Will I be able to use a partition on it for Time Machine?

dinesh72

Journeyman
Mobileme - Another two months extension! This could only happen with Apple!!
Sadly, the service is still not very well up.

yash

I draw every day
I have a thought of getting the hitachi 320 gig 7200rpm drive fitted in my MBP. how complicated will the procedure be? I'm already out of warranty period on my mbp.

Top Bottom