The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Why? He’s already out of warranty. It makes much more sense to have a larger internal drive. I say, take it to some Apple Authorised Reseller you know and have them do it. If no one does, ship it off to Milind and he’ll get it done for you. :p

yash

I draw every day
^get an external drive

did you read my post correctly? I am going for a 7500 rpm drive for the performance boost that it'll give. or I could have gone for the samsung 500 gb drive. I already have an external drive but its not very convenient.

I can't just pull my laptop out of my bag at a friend's place and show him the gargantuan itunes library or the stock of HD movies I have on my notebook. :D

And I got this off of another forum for .mkv files

"look at a media extender device such as the MediaGate or Zensonic."

I figure if there's a device that connects to your hdtv and can recieve streams through your local network, its possible to use vlc to stream that content over.

Oh wait, should have looked before I typed that.
go for a device called TViX 4100SH from *www.tvixbox.com/product_details.php?product_id=23

but its rather pricey.Wikipedia page *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matroska lists more hardware that supports mkv

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
RIP then
@ yash who said external drive lags ? u just need to get a good one

we use teh WD Studio Edition which pwns every hdd ..sampling involves more hdd+ram work than any other thing

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
If there’s one thread that can never die, it’s this one. The only thing is that the three most active members of this thread have their hands full with *smokingapples.com right now.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Another 2 months! Ths rocks! I signed up for 2 months trial and now I get 6 months!:D
In smoking apples, does the cut/copy/paste thing work with ipod touch?

superczar

-n00b-
Been a while since I posted here...
Have been contemplating selling off my old XPS M1210 and get the macbook instead :)

Any pointers on getting a good deal?

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Buy a mid-end or low-end white macbook. If you want to, also think about buying the black macbook.
If you are in the US, Canada or HK, UK, Ireland blablabla...
You can get a free ipod touch or ipod nano if you are college student in a certified college. There are also savings on any mac.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Been a while since I posted here...
Have been contemplating selling off my old XPS M1210 and get the macbook instead :)

Any pointers on getting a good deal?
Get a MacBook for Just Rs. 45,000!

Hurry, though. The offer is only valid till 31 August 2008.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
My Uncle, who was a father figure for our family expired this week and hence I was unable to catch up with this thread, Smoking Apples and also the blogs of MacBoys. I think I should be able to start all of it in just a couple of days.

How can I access my HFS partition on Windows and NTFS one on OS X?
I wanna play some cricket games on 24" glossy screen rather than the ever-crappy 17".

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Accessing Ext3, NTFS, HFS+ Via Windows, Ubuntu & OS X

For paid solutions as suggested by Goobi in the comments on the post you might wanna try:

NTFS in OS X is Paragon NTFS - Costs $30.

HFS on Windows - MacDrive.

I would suggest you use MacDrive for HFS on Windows, HFS Explorer is only meant for just in case uses. Its a crappy but free app.

Top Bottom