The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, Adobe Creative Suite 3 runs like a charm on Leopard. There was once an issue with QuickTime but it was resolved a long time ago.

Is 2600 Pro,the card in my iMac powerful enough to run Snow Leapord?
OMG, man, I can't believe you! The questions you ask, seriously! :rolleyes:

As for your brother, don't worry, he's just falling into the trap Steve Jobs has so carefully laid out for him. Once he's bought the thing, he's bound to use Mac OS X every once in a while, and that will be enough to get him hooked for life. ;)

quick reply I have CS3 up and running on my Mac ( Leopard) and believe me when I say this Photoshop CS3 on Mac is like knife on butter .....
Sure it is!!I have been using it for a month and a half and might have created a million photoshop documents and it's all a piece of cake unlike seeing those loading screens in Windows based PCs:p

OMG, man, I can't believe you! The questions you ask, seriously! :rolleyes:

As for your brother, don't worry, he's just falling into the trap Steve Jobs has so carefully laid out for him. Once he's bought the thing, he's bound to use Mac OS X every once in a while, and that will be enough to get him hooked for life. ;)
No,I am serious regarding that question.

My brother?He only plays games,does nothing else on his PC which is now busted,fused,dead and buried.The motherboard is dead.15" crapy LCD with dead pixels.LOL!
What will he do with OS X?

One problem here,my address book contacts are not properly being syncronised to iPhone.Some of them are missing.Also when I tap the settings button on iPhone it takes 2 seconds to open it.Earlier it was as fast as a .....Leapord!:D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Apple is in a huge mess right now. The iPhone 2.0 firmware is sluggish for everyone and .Mac hasn't been properly fixed yet. So just wait for v2.1 (which will be released soon) and for the .Mac team to get their **** straightened out (apple/mobileme/status).

And curse Apple, loudly, while you're at it. Seriously, Apple has completely dropped the ball on this one and seems to be unable to pick it back up. :mad:

Now I breathe in peace.I thought this problem was only with me but no,Apple has disappointed everyone.2.0 is great but many flaws are there.I hope they get fixed soon.

Can you please come online for a while?Please!

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
@sunny.. man your brother will cry when he'll notice that ATI 2600 sux.. as him to get a power machine for himself..

As I already mentioned,he will only an iMac.Moreover,he plays superhero games and older games.NO graphics intense games.He may get glued to Mac OS X once he discovers the ease and grace of the beauty.
I always have my 8800GTS 512 SLI,Q6600,4GB RAM PC for heavy firepower:D

Today I'll be having 3 Macs in my house.This is sooooo awesome!

OK,got another iMac.20",2.66 GHz C2D,320 Gigs,2GB DDR2 RAM,2600 Pro.Is this box 64-Bit?
My bro ran OS X for a while and asked me to install windows.I did.Then after playing San Andreas for a while he told me to get that crap of his Mac.i was stunned!itni jaldi!!

Now he says me to download superhero movies for him and that too HD.KEWL!

@Aayush,please add this mac to my profile.

Last edited:

CadCrazy

in search of myself
looks like iMav got the 7000th post. :D:D
Is my username changed to MacRocker already? How come I see no change? Should I contact the admins?
----
Is there any way to update the Java applet? It seems like the old edition.

Kya hua bhai. Abhi tak teri problem solve nahin hue :p

I always have my 8800GTS 512 SLI,Q6600,4GB RAM PC for heavy firepower:D

Why the hell your bro want Mac if you already have such a powful rig

Buying a Mac solely for gaming is pretty stupid, specially a Mac Mini, MacBook, iMac or MacBook Air.

:lol:

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Yuppety yup! I too think masses of whirling fluids are gonna make my days very interesting.

Btw, what's your statuses on Mobileme? Working fine now? For me it is. Only thing is the iDisk email sharing feature which I would so love to have.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Please note: My email ID has now changed, permanently, to 'Aayush [at] me [dot] com'. Please address all future correspondence to it. Penned Thoughts, whenever it will be up, will now be available at *www.Aayush.me/. Please update your address books accordingly. Thank you! :)

Last edited:

Artemis

The Last Puff
Guys I'm planning to buy a MacBook Pro 15", I wanted to know that in BootCamp in order to install XP, u need to have two partitions one for the OS X and the other for XP, so will OS X be able to access the XP partition and vice versa???

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
OS X will have default read/write support for FAT 32 & only default Read for NTFS. Windows does not support HFS+ by default. Go through this post for more details.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@Artemis

Great man you're getting a MBP. I can assure you this : unless your need for installing Windows via bootcamp is for running 'Win only Apps', you will never really miss Windows.
In that case, I must advise you that you shouldn't just boot your Mac and jump into windows, instead you could deal with Mac OS X for couple of weeks and I am sure you'll love it
Just try this ...

Forget IE and start using Safari... ( Firefox available too )
Forget any other IM clients and start using Adium ... ( YM, WM available too )
Forget any other p2p clients and start using Transmission .... ( Azu available too )
Forget WM Player, Winamp and start using QuickTime Player ... ( VLC available too )

This will give you an initial kick start to the wonderful world of Mac OS X

And in anycase we will always help you...

Any Mac torrent site like BS???Need one badly.

@Artemis(Salesmanship here),Some things money can't buy(games on mac:D),for everything else there's Mac OS X.:D

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
^^^ You don't seem to be following this thread, preshit and goobimama have just had something that you should have read. Flip a page and look for something that sounds like a condom!!! :)

goobimama

 Macboy
No discussing torrents here. Doing so will get you banned. I hope I've made myself clear.

@Artemis: why do you need to run Windows exactly? In any case, you can use MacDrive for windows to access the OS X partition and Parangon NTFS if you want to format your Windows to NTFS instead of FAT.

Top Bottom