The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

dinesh72

Journeyman
Changes I noticed in MobileMe. One is contacts are now showing in the auto-complete thing for Mail. Also, importing a VCF card directly from mail into contacts is possible. And lastly, exporting and importing contacts is now working. Sings of better things to come...

Also mail replies are saved in Drafts!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Scrolling slowness has now been fixed.

What still remains? When I move a message from my inbox to another folder on the iPhone, it’s not reflected in the web interface. My .Mac inbox (on the web) is cluttered with all my work emails in my regular inbox. It’s so frustrating.

Surprisingly (and thankfully), both Mail.app on the Mac and the iPhone synchronise the moved emails properly, so it does show up in the appropriate folders in both of them.

:-o
@Aayush,thanks but I figured it out before your post.
I have created a 2Mbps 802.11n wireless network with TC:DMy iMac recogonises the network on all the radio frequencies except 802.11n only 5GHz thing.What's the prob?

Also the iPhone 2.0 firmware is behaving sluggishly.

I have set the multirate thing to 5.5Mbps in Wireless options.Is it Okay?Earlier it was set on 2Mbps and I am getting speeds more than that.So,I changed it to 5.5Mbps.

Which one is better,802.11n(b/g compatible) or 2.4 GHz one??Will the backup speeds decrease in 2.4 Ghz 802.11n network?
I have 2 WiFi networks in my house.One is 802.11g(Netgear+access points) and Time capsule.Is 802.11n 2.4GHz advisable?
Please!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
It makes no difference. If you are going to use n with b and g it will work with respective frequencies.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Basically, the router will work in ‘n’ mode as long as it only connected to ‘n’ capable devices. As soon as a ‘b’ or ‘g’ device joins the network, the router will switch to that standard and the range will be reduced, even for the ‘n’ capable device(s). Get it?

Since you have an iPhone which does not do ‘n’, you should stick with the default setting: 802.11n (802.11b/g compatible).

iPhone 2.0 firmware is sluggish and sucks hard!
WiFi speeds slower than GPRS,contacts not properly synced,slow as a snail overall.iTunes doesn't work.What to do?

So,no 2.0 for me?:(

Can I keep the time capsule on 24x7 or does it need rest?If it does,then should I directly switch off which I have been doing for sometime now or is there any procedure to shut it down first and then switch off?

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Why 2.0 is sluggish for you, only you can tell. None of us feel it is sluggish for us on our phones.

Btw, someone tell me one thing. Where did the option to set the EDGE gateway, username and password go?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
****, they’ve removed it! Gotta hang on to those settings now.

Can I keep the time capsule on 24x7 or does it need rest?If it does,then should I directly switch off which I have been doing for sometime now or is there any procedure to shut it down first and then switch off?

Oh my God! You can leave it on 24/7. No problem. All Apple products are designed to be put to use 24/7.

When you want to turn it off, just switch it off and go your merry way.

You do realise that you’re covered by warranty in case something goes awry, right? :rolleyes:

goobimama

 Macboy
@Preshit: it is in the same place that it was earlier. Just that it is called Cellular data network instead of Edge. Settings > General > network.

Btw is caps lock not working for the iPhone keyboard or is it just me? I would hate it if it is just me.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
In Settings >> General >> Network, I only see options for

1. Data Roaming
2. VPN
3. WiFi

And Caps - Lock does work, unless you have switched it off from the Keyboard preferences.

goobimama

 Macboy
Ha ha ha! So nice to know when something works on mine but not on someone else's! The cellular data options thing should show in that panel.

And wow. This keyboard update has made typing really fast! Although the horizontal one looks a little squashed. AND CAPS LOCK WORKS JUST FINE NOW THANK YOU!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, the horizontal keyboard is about thirty pixels shorter. That’s a welcome change for me.

Tell me your build number.

Top Bottom