The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
Changes I noticed in MobileMe. One is contacts are now showing in the auto-complete thing for Mail. Also, importing a VCF card directly from mail into contacts is possible. And lastly, exporting and importing contacts is now working. Sings of better things to come...

@Aayush,thanks but I figured it out before your post.
I have created a 2Mbps 802.11n wireless network with TC:DMy iMac recogonises the network on all the radio frequencies except 802.11n only 5GHz thing.What's the prob?

Also the iPhone 2.0 firmware is behaving sluggishly.

I have set the multirate thing to 5.5Mbps in Wireless options.Is it Okay?Earlier it was set on 2Mbps and I am getting speeds more than that.So,I changed it to 5.5Mbps.

Which one is better,802.11n(b/g compatible) or 2.4 GHz one??Will the backup speeds decrease in 2.4 Ghz 802.11n network?
I have 2 WiFi networks in my house.One is 802.11g(Netgear+access points) and Time capsule.Is 802.11n 2.4GHz advisable?

Last edited:

i$eman

Broken In
Hello everyone ...
My name's Annish friends call me iceman ...
Been browsing thru this section of digit and i must thank everyone here for all the time and effort they put in ...
I'am positive that this section is a blessing for all new ( converts ) mac users like me ...
Gonna be here more often ...
Will try and contribute in whatever little way i can.
Thanks a zillion ...

goobimama

 Macboy
Hello everyone ...
My name's Annish friends call me iceman ...
Been browsing thru this section of digit and i must thank everyone here for all the time and effort they put in ...
I'am positive that this section is a blessing for all new ( converts ) mac users like me ...
Gonna be here more often ...
Will try and contribute in whatever little way i can.
Thanks a zillion ...
Welcome to the coolest part of this forums man. I sure you, Mr. Iceman, will find the coolness extremely satisfactory.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Welcome to our little community, Iceman.

Mr. Iceman here now wants to purchase the MacBook Pro instead :)

Yea, the contacts seem pretty sluggish. But that's about it.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Anyone experiencing sluggish behaviour of 2.0 Firmware?
Yes, everyone. Wait for a few weeks and let Apple come out with an update.

Even with the sluggishness though, 2.0 FTW! :D

-------------------------

Welcome, i$eman! Fill out your profile using the template in the first post if you intend to be a regular here. :)

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
^^^ Your signature still says that you are posting from Windows, I thought you got your Sister's MacBook.

BTW when you gave your Macs for repair ( under warranty ofcourse ), what did you do with your PG-13 stuff ?? Didn't you wipe your hard drive ?? Sorry, but I don't know why I am always thinking about your Macs !!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Umm… what’s my “PG-13” stuff? And no, I just created a password unprotected, administrator account for them to use. I didn’t delete anything.

Yes, I’m using my sister’s MacBook right now. I’m a tad too lazy to change the signature. :p

goobimama

 Macboy
MobileMe is awesome! Just did a sync and all my prefs and bookmarks and stuff are all back and running! I knew all this would happen, but when it actually does, it is a totally different trip.

Top Bottom