The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
Macbook Pro 17" for 60k. 6 months used or something like that. Just thought I'd post it in case someone was interested.

*delhi.craigslist.co.in/sys/669694169.html

Not that I would ever need this, but Burnagain FS is a multi session DVD burning tool for OS X. Mounts the CD/DVD like an extra drive in finder.

*www.macworld.com/article/133462/2008/05/burnagainfs.html

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
One small question: If one has to upgrade his RAM in an iMac, can he use RAM from other manufacturers like Transcend or Kingston or does he have to use Apple's RAM only?

narangz

Web developer
It's SODIMM I guess for notebooks. Not sure though.

*docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=58007

*docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303084

goobimama

 Macboy
DDR2 667Mhz SODIMM is good for most macs/notebooks. The new iMacs use 800Mhz SODIMM. The Mac Pro uses ECC something. I have upgraded mine to 2GB via after market RAM, namely, kingston.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
DDR2 667Mhz SODIMM is good for most macs/notebooks. The new iMacs use 800Mhz SODIMM. The Mac Pro uses ECC something. I have upgraded mine to 2GB via after market RAM, namely, kingston.

So the iMac uses basically the same RAM that a regular desktop PC uses?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
:lol: u know ur the most comic of all mods :lol: where did linux come in, u ask? read again do see the word that says linux users? and the only reason u are trolling in this thread is because as arya said of this stallman guy ;)
I give a damn to RMS. I am not his official spokesperson. And neither am I a troll like you. What I am pissed off is that you people find a rudimentary implementation of an idea hillarious. If the same thing is done 3-4 decades later by you $COMPANY then it is innovation.

It wasn't an idea. It was a stupid whim which you guys are idolising just because it was this Stallman guy.
It's not a stupid whim. It's got a reason. First get a clue about what he is doing then speak further.
QUOTE=aryayush;828314]
Please, can we drop this now? I've been ignoring so many posts and it just doesn't seem to be stopping.[/QUOTE]
I guess I am in no mood of letting this stupid fallacy of yours go without a fight.

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
It wasn't an idea. It was a stupid whim which you guys are idolising just because it was this Stallman guy.
Just this one last post on the issue :p

From the link given by you, NO one can infer what Stallman was/is trying to do with his setup. It could even be a custom RSS reader kinda thingy, which scours the web for interesting information (based on some keywords), fetches them via wget (way faster than a browser as it just retrieves text and omits all other web annoyances) and displays them neatly in the terminal window. Pretty convenient i must say :D

Conclusion: Dont underestimate someone if he doest seem to do things your way. Remember, people laughed at Galileo too when he said that the earth revolves around the sun :)

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
you boys do your thing via PM. I don't care whether stallman is an idiot or not. I'm sure the rest who like this thread will think the same.

------

Back on topic: I think John Gruber is an idiot. I don't know why people think so highly of him. That guy needs to be taken down like a bear wearing a pink dress (dancing to the tunes of Britney Spears).

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
got iPod shuffle last week
*www.ministryoftech.com/images/new-ipod-shuffle-lg.png

i want to use ear plugs (like sony ericcson walkman phone's), can you name some brand & where i can get it in b'lore.

give some tips about the batt. usage...
(i'll be using this ipod with Vista [sync'in...]):))

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Just charge it whenever you have the opportunity. That's it. Don't worry about running out of charge or spoiling your battery or what have you.

Listen to your music whenever you want and charge whenever you get the opportunity to.

That's the best tip I can give you. :)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
do i have to dischare the batt. fully & charge it again (once in a month or so), as some say it betters the batt. life.

what about ear plugs?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
won't have a big differnece & anyways once a month ur pod will discharge while using it itself :)
:D
ep 630, sasta aur tikau, i think goobi has a shuffle
thanks, 1.2k :eek:

btw ep630 googling lead to "Sennheiser CX300", what bout them.

my cous.'s friends have it which came with dell xps, they say the SE ear plug's sh1t b4 the cx300 :))

with some foruming, found this as common reply
EP-630 is more bassy while CX300 has a more balanced sound
anyone with eiter of these, help out.

goobimama

 Macboy
I never bother with shuffle battery life. It has yet to die out on me (even used it on the entire trip to Mumbai without charging). I just keep it docked whenever and smoke it out of there when I need it. My friend has been using it the same way for the past one year and the battery is yet to die out on him as well.

As for those earphones I haven't heard the Sennheiser but I didn't quite like the EP-630. Not much to say there I guess :|

Top Bottom