The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Imo, last 2 pages should me deleted(including my post).

@aryayush
Please refrain yourself from starting flame wars next time

@Mods.
Please do the needfull

yash

I draw every day
hey guys, I can see other shared libraries in itunes, but there is nobody else on my local area network. there is NO local area network.I'm using a reliance wimax connection, the cable is plugged in directly only into my laptop. what's going on? are they sharing the internet connection or is it just some itunes glitch?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Uh.... have you tried RemoteBuddy? The interface is awesome.

- I can see what someone is doing in my room by sitting right outside in the garden and take a picture if I need proof.
- I can play any iPhone compatible movie/video/song directly from my mac onto my iPhone.
- Browse for files, control presentations with a view of what's happening on the screen.
- Freak out my brother by controlling front row volume and fast forwarding it :D

I haven't tried VNC or don't even know what it is. But I'm looking into it just in case I might spend on something I don't need.
Does it work without any lags? I've tried VNSea and it was so slow, it was pretty much unusable.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Maybe not. But am I the only one seeing the huge, gaping fallacy in this entire argument?

There is no need or benefit of using the email client to do your web browsing when there are several perfectly capable web browsers out there that are designed and optimised for this very purpose.

What is so difficult to understand about that? Do you use the sprinkler in your garden to take a bath? Or your bicycle to go on a several mile journey? You can do either of those things, but intelligent people don't do that, because that's not what those devices are meant for.

It's unbelievable that I'm having this discussion with a bunch of so called techies and geeks, most of whom are older than me, and none of them seem to be able to wrap their heads around such a simple freakin' concept. If you see a person wearing socks on his hands to keep them warm, instead of gloves, you might think that he's a unique and intelligent person—I think he's just plain stupid.

And so is anyone who uses their email client as a web browser. What's next? A media player as an instant messenger? An antivirus application as a torrent client?

Despite your constant protests, this is one I couldn't resist.

Lets step back in time. Do you think the whole concept of lets say, a dedicated application just to handle your e-mail sprang out of nowhere? Shockingly, no. It was innovators like him that came up with something we all use on a daily basis right now, and what to us is so logical and useful that we consider life incomplete without it. Even then there were some people like you who went like "A dedicated software for e-mail? What's next, a dedicated browser for Google? Heh heh... inefficient idiot".

Its thanks to people like him that lesser mortals like us have what we have today. You, for some reason, seem to be unable to appreciate that to the extent that you are mocking him?

No offence meant here, but I cant help thinking that Mac does this to just about anyone whose willing to adapt to their philosophy of "Why do the dirty-work when you can pay someone to do it for you?". The whole spoon-feeding thing pushes Mac users to the point where they feel anyone who so much as takes the trouble to find freeware, install it and configures it is plain stupid.

Of course, people like Richard Stallman to you, are unsurpassable morons.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@all linux users, what you saw was nothing out o the ordinary, pretty much in line with what a Mac user generally is, the mockery of Linux happened now, mockeryof Windows users has been happening for a long time, forget it move on, Arya is Just being Arya

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Uh.... have you tried RemoteBuddy? The interface is awesome.

- I can see what someone is doing in my room by sitting right outside in the garden and take a picture if I need proof.
- I can play any iPhone compatible movie/video/song directly from my mac onto my iPhone.
- Browse for files, control presentations with a view of what's happening on the screen.
- Freak out my brother by controlling front row volume and fast forwarding it :D

I haven't tried VNC or don't even know what it is. But I'm looking into it just in case I might spend on something I don't need.

Unless someone breaks a stone with that, I don't think I'll be able to try it.

Does it work without any lags? I've tried VNSea and it was so slow, it was pretty much unusable.

You know, interestingly, TouchPad Pro 4.0 now comes with ScreenView ( but only if you pay 15 Euros to unlock the feature ). VNSea was very slow, but I'm interested in knowing how this thing works.

Without the ScreenView, TouchPad Pro is really exact.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
TouchPad Pro is indeed awesome, but if you have an Apple Remote, it's not very useful.

-------------

P.S.: Why doesn't this forum use AJAX for posting quick replies now? Why break a good thing?

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
@all linux users, what you saw was nothing out o the ordinary, pretty much in line with what a Mac user generally is, the mockery of Linux happened now, mockeryof Windows users has been happening for a long time, forget it move on, Arya is Just being Arya
where did linux come in here? There hasn't been linux anywhere in aayush's post, it's you people who brought it in. And if you're equating RMS with linux than you're wrong, RMS is attached with GNU project. And most of the OS's out there, probably besides Windows makes use of some GNU tool or the other at some point. Sorry but this is not about linux, not about RMS but this is about mocking someone's ideas just cos they don't fit into nice pretty easy universe of oneself.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
It wasn't an idea. It was a stupid whim which you guys are idolising just because it was this Stallman guy.

Please, can we drop this now? I've been ignoring so many posts and it just doesn't seem to be stopping.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
where did linux come in here? There hasn't been linux anywhere in aayush's post, it's you people who brought it in. And if you're equating RMS with linux than you're wrong, RMS is attached with GNU project. And most of the OS's out there, probably besides Windows makes use of some GNU tool or the other at some point. Sorry but this is not about linux, not about RMS but this is about mocking someone's ideas just cos they don't fit into nice pretty easy universe of oneself.
:lol: u know ur the most comic of all mods :lol: where did linux come in, u ask? read again do see the word that says linux users? and the only reason u are trolling in this thread is because as arya said of this stallman guy ;)

narangz

Web developer
Just read about Steve Wozniak also known as the other Steve in Reader's Digest May issue under Money Makers section. A must read particularly for Apple fans.

Pathik

Google Bot
^^
*www.cdgaming.eu/Roflcopter.gif
Censors working alrite!

No offence to Dark_Lord though. :)

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Holy cow!!! Thats a laughter riot!!

@arya

I just checked the intro page of this thread and I found my name and location spelt wrongly!! Please correct them
Name : Mohammad Azeemuddin

Top Bottom