The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

dinesh72

Journeyman
I live in Nerul, Navi Mumbai. Currently I am on vacation at home. Returning to my job on 24th March. Intending to call up Dixons at London duty free and pick up my MBP (approx 1000 gbp without Vat, in London city it would be approx 1250 gbp due to vat)and then go to Algeria(my work place). My next return to India would be 25th April(if you are interested).

goobimama

 Macboy
You will know when Goobi gets broadband. You will not have a doubt in your mind when I get broadband. That question will not even come up when I get broadband.

---------
Two things:
1. Did anyone notice that Alex chokes while announcing 6 O'Clock?!
2. Can you invoke front row using the remote when the screensaver is on? Really bugs me.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
you've been making typos lately... what's up? is everything alright? kuch lete kyun nahi?
LOL! Dude, where are these other typos you're talking about?

I live in Nerul, Navi Mumbai. Currently I am on vacation at home. Returning to my job on 24th March. Intending to call up Dixons at London duty free and pick up my MBP (approx 1000 gbp without Vat, in London city it would be approx 1250 gbp due to vat)and then go to Algeria(my work place). My next return to India would be 25th April(if you are interested).
If you don't mind bringing a new MacBook along with you from the airport for me, can you PM me your email address?

Absolutely no problem if you cannot. Don't hesitate to refuse. :)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Look who changed his customer user title. :p
It's Custom User Title. Maybe that's the typo he's talking about. :p

You will know when Goobi gets broadband. You will not have a doubt in your mind when I get broadband. That question will not even come up when I get broadband.
Create a new thread in Chit Chat when you get BB. It's a breaking news. If any of our News Channel came to know about your plight, they'll run this story for a week. :lol:

Last edited:

yash

I draw every day
i was talking about "are you returning to Indian anytime soon?"

I think someone needs to catch up on his sleep.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Hey guys I can't get Hazel working !! What could be the problem ??

I want .torrent files to be moved to Torrents folder in my home dir
Look at the rules in the screenshot

goobimama

 Macboy
Whats with you guys and moving .torrent files? At least in case of Transmission, I just make it watch the Downloads folder. As soon as a torrent is downloaded, it loads it in and deletes the .torrent. Flawless.

As for you azeem, try putting .torrent as the file extension. Not sure how Hazel works though.

drgrudge

Hey guys I can't get Hazel working !! What could be the problem ??

I want .torrent files to be moved to Torrents folder in my home dir
Look at the rules in the screenshot
I also use the same rule and Hazel works like a charm for moving torrent files and trash cleaning.

Maybe try the freeware software I suggested and see if it works.

drgrudge

Enjoy and Manage your Media Files with Front Row

Milind's Aweeeesome and Legen-{wait for it}-{keep waiting}-DARY article on the hip & cool Front Row.

drgrudge

Umm... Barney uses an iPhone all the time in the third season, not just in the sixth episode. :)
I think I'm pretty sure he was using another smartphone, not an iPhone. It only surfaced from the sixth epic.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Nope. He was using an iPhone in the second episode, then in the third one, then the fifth and the sixth one. No mistake there. Go back and see. :)

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@arya

Coming to your thought on What the next product of Apple should be,
I seriously think it should be a Gaming Console. Just imagine an iConsole or iSomething from Apple, I can guarantee that with what Apple can do with their new products, it should make Steve Jobs to the top of the billionaires list in a year of its release. Gaming Console industry has immense potential and in my opinion neither the Xbod, Wii and nor the PS3 ( my Fav ) have exploited it!!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Why? What's wrong with them?

The gaming console industry is a pretty small one and there are already three established major players in it. And, AFAIK, they seem to be doing a good job (though I've never actually used either so I'm just as clueless as the next person).

I think, there are only so many ways you can design a gaming device and Apple only likes to get into an area where they can offer something innovative in terms of the user interface. Like the Wii did. I don't know what Apple could do about it.

Your thoughts? :)

Top Bottom