The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Apple would never really make a Gaming console as it wouldn't appeal to a broad range of people, just a niche segment, that being console gamers.

And who's barney?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
The (very) funny sidekick in How I Met Your Mother, a U.S. television show. :)

I, for one, wouldn't have been watching the show if it weren't for him.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Well see, XBox, Wii and PS3 all three are gaming consoles but still different people have different reasons to buy them, the point is when Apple can take so much of share in Mobile phone arena with just an iPhone and that too with in an year so just keep imagining .... an equally revolutionary gaming console will be money spinner for Apple

goobimama

 Macboy
Dr (or anyone else): How sane is a me giving a guy cash on his trip to US, and then he buying two iPhones and bringing them back without paying customs duty? And if customs duty, what would be the approximate damage?

dinesh72

Journeyman
one iphone will be allowed free of charge(personal use). second would attract duty no matter if he is inside the limit of 25000 rs(anything which is double, these guys argue for duty). duty is calculated over and above that limit and it is approx 37.5% for electronics. Ofcourse various ways to have a good settlement(proving its old, throw the original box in the dust bin, just carry it in the pocket so as not to get screened - i hope custom guys are not reading this forum!!!).

goobimama

 Macboy
But what if the dude already has an expensive phone of his own? 37% is a little too steep. I guess I'd better get it from where darky got it. 21k is not too bad considering that with tax the iPhone in the US should cost around 17k..

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Dr (or anyone else): How sane is a me giving a guy cash on his trip to US, and then he buying two iPhones and bringing them back without paying customs duty? And if customs duty, what would be the approximate damage?
I personally feel that there should not be an issue. Carry an iPhone with you and one in cabin baggage. Yeah, taking the cover off should help.

My friends have all carried many things (2-3 digicams) but not in the same place and came out of the Airport without paying for customs.

narangz

Web developer
No it certainly isn't that cheap there.
And it can't be as iPhone hasn't been launched there.
So what you would be getting there would be an unlocked iPhone's like here in India.
A Google search tells the same story!

My friend bought 2 iPhones at 15K each from Thailand.. Yes they were locked. But unlocking isn't a big deal.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
My friend bought 2 iPhones at 15K each from Thailand.. Yes they were locked. But unlocking isn't a big deal.
Those must have been the discontinued 4GB models.

@goobimama,
No problem at all, mate. Ask him/her to bring it. Small things such as phones can be stowed anywhere, with the packaging and everything, and no one really questions about them. And wouldn't you be buying the 16GB version?

goobimama

 Macboy
16GB iPhone? Naa. I don't have that much stuff to fit into an iPhone. Currently having a hard time putting in more than 60 tracks in the Shuffle. 8GB is fine by me. I guess I'll try the friend-going-to-US way then....

Top Bottom