The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I think you're read this on Twitter but for the benefit of everyone, here's a little word to the wise: Never ever buy RAM from Apple. Ever.

LOL! Check out this link! Our flagship macboy (the genius) with his pants down!
For a split second there, I was afraid of what I would see on clicking that link. I was pretty sure I'd never posted any such picture online. LOL!

What brought that on?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
The base model comes with only a combo drive but the higher configuration comes with a SuperDrive. You have to bring your own display, keyboard and mouse. Ever Mac comes with built-in WiFi. :)

---------------------

Steve Jobs did not disclose the fact that he had pancreatic cancer for nine months to prevent Apple's stock market valuation from taking a hit. That's freakin' amazing!

What's next? Maybe we'll only know about it after two years when Jobs leaves the company. :p

yash

I draw every day
Hey, this morning, I woke up, and tried connecting to my computer using salling clicker on my E60, but it wouldn't connect. I got to the computer and looked at the menubar, and the bluetooth icon is greyed out, with a zig-zag line across it. when i click on it, it says bluetooth not available.

WTF just happened?

goobimama

 Macboy
Hey, this morning, I woke up, and tried connecting to my computer using salling clicker on my E60, but it wouldn't connect. I got to the computer and looked at the menubar, and the bluetooth icon is greyed out, with a zig-zag line across it. when i click on it, it says bluetooth not available.

WTF just happened?
Restart usually works.

@Preshit: If there is one rule with Apple, it is "Never buy Apple original RAM". The same thing will cost you around 1.5k in the after market.

@aayush: Just...

Steve Jobs did not disclose the fact that he had pancreatic cancer for nine months to prevent Apple's stock market valuation from taking a hit. That's freakin' amazing!

What's next? Maybe we'll only know about it after two years when Jobs leaves the company.
As in it has come back again?

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

WTF just happened?
Mac OS X thinks that your Mac doesn't have the Bluetooth module. Restart might fix it if something hasn't happened to it. It might be that the module is broken though.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Whoever said I was considering buying original RAM :) I just said he was quoting 12K for it.

I'm just going to wait for the refreshed ones to reach India.

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ The rates have dropped. When I wanted 1GB RAM during the days of my iMac, it was 16k. The apple guys took me to a corner and said "Don't buy Apple RAM, we can get you a huge discount. If you get from us, you can pay only 12k!". ;)

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Good news from here is that Hyderabad has got its first ever Apple Store named iStore yesterday, thank to Reliance.
Now let me see when I can make it there

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
What ? You mean Hyderabad had no Apple stores before this ?
The prices in the iStores are the same as shown on the site.

There are a few iStores in Bangalore too.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
None in Kolkata though. :(

@jamesbond07,
When you visit there, carry a camera along with you and snap some pictures. :)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Any more pictures, preferably of the inside?

@Everyone,
I've created a Yahoo! chat room to have fun while we all follow the live-blogging of the iPhone Software Roadmap event. Let us all be disappointed together.

Let me know your user ids and I'll invite you. :)

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@darky

No man HYD never ever had Apple store untill yesterday

@arya
Great idea man, I'll do it

my user id : azeemuddinmohammad

Top Bottom