The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
There are two different plugins for Safari, both being free.

1. SafariBlock
2. Safari Adblock
Sucks. AdBlock hates me. Both the freewares didn't work. :( It's not automatic. Even manual addition doesn't work. Image works but that too not instant. Is there any way to add the filters, I'll just import the filters from my FX.

Only pithhelmet works and that sucks in a way. :(

Tell me how to remove these **** from my Safari. I'll try to start afresh.

@ goobi -
Tab re-arranging works in FX too. :p

goobimama

 Macboy
Yeah I know it does. I'm sure it was a feature before Safari as well. But the way it is implemented in Safari...butter smooth. You know exactly what's going to happen when moving a tab.

As for adding your list, doesn't Safari Adblock (the one I'm using) allow for that?

drgrudge

Hm...very strange. I dunno what I did (I added a wildcard and restarted?), but the Ads are gone. SafariBlock worked and not Safari Adblock

I agree with the Tab. It was a newer feature in FX and a lot cooler too. I simply drag a tab and I see a small screenshot! Just reliased that we can do cool stuffs with the tabs. :D

*img.skitch.com/20080302-qx976gawk2h4u9sdfi76xx5ef6.jpg

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
@Dr: Hows your safari experience doing? (@aayush: Is this a possible pun?)
Naah, not really.

Here are two examples of puns, one from me and another from Dr. Macenstein. His is much better than mine. :)

Yeah I know it does. I'm sure it was a feature before Safari as well. But the way it is implemented in Safari...butter smooth. You know exactly what's going to happen when moving a tab.
Safari went from having the worst implementation of tabs in v2 to the best in v3. I didn't use Safari v2.x but ever since they added this feature, I've never looked at any other browser.

@drgrudge,
You once asked us whether there was any way to have a button for opening a new tab in Safari. Though I don't think there is, I do use a plugin called Twicetab that allows me to double-click on any empty spot on the tab bar to open a new tab. Give it a try. :)

goobimama

 Macboy
Check out these wallpapers at Studio Twenty Eight. So full of awesomeness!

*www.studiotwentyeight.com/images/previews/day.jpg

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Safari works pretty good for me except for 2 things
1) Not able to block as many ads as I used to with FF
2) Not able to manage my del.icio.us bookmarks
Someone suggested using AllBookmarks, but it only manages bookmarks that are saved in browsers and not the live bookmarks like del.icio.us...

@dr
how did you write that 'ain't it cool ?' in screen shot ?? In Windows I used to use Zoomit and take a screen shot, worked wonderfully!1

Last edited:

drgrudge

Is this Picasa some kind of Joke? That too with iPhoto, Aperture and Lightroom around? I use Aperture to manage my photos. It's a great app and I love it.

@ Aayush,
It didn't work. :( (Twicetab)

@ jamesbond007,
Made and hosted with Skitch.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Aren't you on Twitter?

And Milind still uses it. Cool! I'd given up on it myself but have now returned. All the cool people seem to be using it. :p

goobimama

 Macboy
You know, I didn't know I could 'twit' from the gmail/iChat interface, so all along I thought I either had to get a twitter client or go to the website to do this. I'll be using it more often now.

@Dr: Picasa is free. (though, iPhoto is also almost free)

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ Since the day it was introduced. I leave my downloads stack without the drawer though. Cause it is set to display by "date added" and if there's a drawer in there, it keeps moving upward.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
I download during nights from 3am to 7:30am, but these days there are several power cuts during that time. Now when the power is back Airport Extreme doesn't seem to connect to the default wifi network. I am required to manually click Airport icon on menu bar and click default to connect to this network. This is making me sleepless!!! How do I make Airport to connect to default network automatically after a power cut ??

Top Bottom