The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ Now as in after the Leopard install?

I just installed ScreenFlow. The interface I must say is full of awesomeness. Looks a lot like iMovie 08. Core Animation seems to be bringing about a new breed of applications. And me likes it!

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@goobi
Yep after leopard install, I updated to 10.5.2. I didn't try this when I was on Tiger, for at that time I didn't have free downloading hours

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! :lol:

Don't worry, it won't be a pink shuffle.

The store is not going to go down today and my theory is going to be proved wrong. :(

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
If in case anyone needs this app for, well, what it does...

FilePathCM is a contextual menu item for copying the:

POSIX path
Abbreviated (Tilde) POSIX path
POSIX path for Terminal.app
HFS path
Full name
Display name
Extension
Windows style path

of files and folders to the clipboard.

*img207.imageshack.us/img207/7686/zcxzczjq3.png

@aayush: How you know it's not going to go down? I hope those crappy updates are not it for today. Anyway, your theory had a good run :)

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Well, I just had a gut feeling and it was right. If it didn't go down at 03:00 AM Pacific Time, it is not going down at all.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Does anything exist for a Mac that allows you to right click images on the web and upload them to an FTP account or any other account ?

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
Hi guyz..

Am planning to switch over to MAC OS.. dnt hav ne idea dat i hw shud i go abt d whole thng.. can sm1 babywalk me so tht i can install MAC OS.. nd wot r d min system config etc etc..

I'v been using windows OS till date bt nw i think it's d time to switch to sm oder OS ..
for setting up a MAC PC do i need sm special kindaa hardware nd all ??

praka123

left this forum longback
installing mac os x on ur pc is illegal.may be u buy an imac?
OR better install Ubuntu Linux and use mac4linux theme?

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Installing a Mac OS on non-Apple hardware is purely and entirely illegal and any activity which even remotely resembles this will not be welcomed, or for that matter, be tolerated here. :)

Ofcourse, you are always welcome to buy Apple stuff and we could help you out with any queries that you may have.

Thanks

goobimama

 Macboy
Can u provide sm link where i can get 2 knw A-Z of Apple OS nd sm basic info fr setting up a Mac PC ??
The way people type nowadays...

As for your query on knowing about the Mac OS, hows about Apple.com - Leopard. That should give you a good view on how things are. As for installing Mac OS X on a PC, that's illegal.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Hey, you'd replied to that thread! So, we'd met (virtually) even before I'd bought my Mac. Cool! :D

Does anything exist for a Mac that allows you to right click images on the web and upload them to an FTP account or any other account ?
If you want to upload them to ImageShack, install the ImageShack widget and then drag any image from Safari, hit F12 and drag it onto the widget. If you want to upload to Flickr, keep some Flickr application in the Dock and drag images from Safari onto it. Same for FTP. :)

Hi guyz..

Am planning to switch over to MAC OS.. dnt hav ne idea dat i hw shud i go abt d whole thng.. can sm1 babywalk me so tht i can install MAC OS.. nd wot r d min system config etc etc..

I'v been using windows OS till date bt nw i think it's d time to switch to sm oder OS ..
for setting up a MAC PC do i need sm special kindaa hardware nd all ??
Yes, you do. You need an Apple Mac. Mac OS X is tied to the hardware it ships with. You cannot install it on a PC.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
One of the Apple Dealers, is quoting the price of current India MacBook as Rs. 63,000. I asked him 2GB RAM, he says around 12,000 for original Apple RAM.

He's giving me Rs. 10,000 off in return of my Mac Mini :|

Top Bottom