The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
One of the well written "About me" page, I've read. Good Design and the typography makes it stand out.
Thank you! And here I was, thinking it sucked. I'll add to it later.

Why not consider any other color than Orange?
Oh, but I luurve orange. :pout:

One Tip. Delete that "Hello world!" entry. It's the root of all evil (source of spams).
Tonight.

Added to Google Reader. :D
I'm honoured. I haven't even added it to my own reading list yet. :)

Umm... do you guys, Ashwin and Preshit, want my honest opinion about your respective blogs? (You won't like what you hear.)

@kumarmohit,
iPhone. A Guided Tour.

Last edited:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
What's preferable on a MacBook(P) ? A Matt screen or the Glossy one ?
It depends. What are you going to do with your Laptop? If you're going to use for Multimedia or Gaming, then go for Glossy finish. Both my Dell and MBP is glossy finish and I like it that way.

Glossy display makes graphics, photos, and videos appear with richer color and deeper blacks.

But remember, glossy finish will reflect light more than matte finish and you might not be comfortable if a light source is right behind your screen.

aryayush -
Yeah, go ahead. There's always scope for improvement.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Do you read any novels/newspapers/articles?

@Preshit,
I'm still reading your past entries. I've notice some things. I'll comment when I've read some more... :)

drgrudge

Do you read any novels/newspapers/articles?

@Preshit,
I'm still reading your past entries. I've notice some things. I'll comment when I've read some more... :)
Are you asking me?

I read Newspaper daily. Some times 2 dailies a day. Used to be a bookworm, but blame the PCs hardly reading any stuffs. Articles? I've subscribed to over 100 blogs and read atleast 20-30 articles a day. :D

narangz

Web developer
Well, I just got Wordpress up and running.

Now, I'm waiting for Milind to come online and help me out with the design...

Wow! Very fast! The about me section is really nice.

I like goobimama's blog design very much. That pulling thing & Milind's picture with sketch effects are mind blowing. Milind that template is in CSS, right? Can you tell me how you created that? I know CSS but not that much. Can you give me the code or anything similar. I want to study the code. I also want to give a new look to my blogspot blog as I am trying to revive it.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
It's a theme, with the pull-down effects and all already there.

That's picture and all the funny posts are Milind's handiwork though. And he claims to have written that poem himself too (but I don't believe him). :p

Wow! Very fast! The about me section is really nice.
Well, yeah, installing Wordpress is child's play. Maintaining it is what requires manly skill. :p

But I think I'll be more successful this time, what with all that MacUser experience. :)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
No, it does not.

Taking Stock of the MacBook Updates - Some quality Apple bashing. I think Preshit will love this article. :)

drgrudge

No, it does not.

Taking Stock of the MacBook Updates - Some quality Apple bashing. I think Preshit will love this article. :)
Other than the $20 remote (big deal anyway), I'm happy with the updates.

For a $1100 laptop, what more do you want? DVD drive is acceptable request but Aluminum?

Now point me a lappy with a similar config and it's price. If purchased in the USA, it's a steal at Rs 44k. I'll buy it eyes closed.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Polycarbonate, the material it currently uses, is by no means cheap. And the Mac Mini, which costs south of Rs. 35,000 also has a semi-aluminium enclosure.

drgrudge

I thought of purchasing an iPhone but this Sony intros the Cyber-Shot DSC-H50 "super zoom" camera.

I want to buy both, but I'm short in cash. I've having a HP point and shoot cam and I'm into photography and stuffs.

Do would you do if you're in my case? Sony H50 or Apple iPhone? Both cost $400.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I thought of purchasing an iPhone but this Sony intros the Cyber-Shot DSC-H50 "super zoom" camera.

I want to buy both, but I'm short in cash. I've having a HP point and shoot cam and I'm into photography and stuffs.

Do would you do if you're in my case? Sony H50 or Apple iPhone? Both cost $400.
I'd opt for the camera.

goobimama

 Macboy
@narangz: Blog design is called "Foliage" I think. It was a wordpress theme back when I first got it. But now there's a blogger version somewhere as well.

Mind you, there is going to a complete refresh of the blog. Let's see if I can finish up by the first week or march.

Update of the Week:

Goobi buys himself an iPod Shuffle!
*img180.imageshack.us/img180/8982/photo116nb9.jpg

I got the green. I must say this. It has the most awesome packaging I've ever come across. Right from taking off the seal, to the bottom of the pack. Wow!

Plugged it in to find that it OS X recognises I have the green iPod. Setup is a breeze as usual. Now I'm just chilling on my tracks...

Last edited:
Top Bottom